Scotland U19s 2003/04 "Where Are They Now ?" - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland U19s 2003/04 "Where Are They Now ?"

ErsatzThistle

Ayr had a striker called Andrew Ferguson around that time who would fit in age wise (born 1985) - no idea if it was the same guy though.  Left to go to Dundee.   Wiki tells me he went on to play for Clyde, Alloa, Stenny, Airdrie after that and currently plays for Arthurlie.    Can't recall any other Fergusons at Ayr around that time so have to assume it's same one.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, g@un said:

Wilkie will be Ryan Wilkie, a right winger who was highly rated back in the day before ending up at Workington Town, and I think Clyde.

I can remember him being Luis Figo-esque in one of the Championship Manager Games (03/04 I think).

Workington town are the rugby league team the football side are Workington Reds

19 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

There was  Ferguson at East Fife (I think) who signed for Tottenham, but didn't seem to do much.

Ah, just seen Ayr beside him :)

Think that guy was called Steven Ferguson.  Scored something like 10 goals in his first 8 games for East Fife aged 18, signed for Tottenham, never seen again.

edit : actually, wiki says it's 6 goals in 11 games, he played for Woking for five years and had a spell on loan at Motherwell that I didn't know about.

Then he was never seen again.

Edited by adamntg

• 2 weeks later...

Let's update the list. Only five "mystery players" left now.

Aberdeen - Stephen Tarditi, John Stewart

Ayr Utd - Andrew Ferguson

Celtic - Steven Low, David Pinkowski 

Dundee - Bobby Linn

Dundee Utd - Steven Anderson, Steven Bell

Dunfermline - Campbell

Hearts - McLeod

Hibs - Alistair Brown 

Leeds Utd - Jamie Winter

Liverpool - Ryan Wilkie 

Motherwell - Reid, Kenny Wright, Scott, Barkey

Rangers - Fraser Coyle, Gary McKenzie

Reading - Darren Campbell 

St Johnstone - Mark Baxter 

Wycombe Wanderers - Andy Reilly

Thanks go to mrniaboc, Stu101, Mitre, ONeils4oyarder & hursty for identifying more of the players. :ok:

The only players left are Campbell (Dunfermline), McLeod (Hearts), Reid (Motherwell), Scott (Motherwell) and Barkey (Motherwell). 

Btw I should have asked when I started the thread, was anyone actually at any of the games listed in the OP ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Iain Campbell is a Scottish professional footballer currently playing for Montrose. After beginning his career at Dunfermline Athletic he has since played for Kilmarnock, Ross County, Clyde, Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath and Forfar Athletic. Dick campbells son. 

Edited by Templeton_Peck