Bilingual ma arse... - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bilingual ma arse...

23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I did hear that, doesn’t change the fact that you wouldn’t have to if you actually lived and contributed to the country you would “die” for. 

Listen fella., I contribute plenty. Over here. Do have any idea how many Canadians have gone on holiday to Scotland after sitting and having a session with BR 1314?  Loads. 

35 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's not derogatory... 

In practice, "separatist" and "sovereignist" are terms used to describe individuals wanting the province of Quebec to separate from Canada to become a country of its own.

If you want to 'separate' then you're a 'separatist'.

(No point in making an issue when there isn't one.)

Fair enough. It's used as a derogatory name here but appreciate you know terminology better there.

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Listen fella., I contribute plenty. Over here. Do have any idea how many Canadians have gone on holiday to Scotland after sitting and having a session with BR 1314?  Loads. 

Probably because they know they'll never bump in to you over here. 

Sooooooooo. Elgin St in Ottawa is to be closed for an entire year as the Watermain and sewer pipe has to be replaced, it's 100 years old. Closure started yesterday. There were multiple signage and closure details, detours, and what not. All were in French and English but 1. Guess what? People calling in and complaining that "1" fucking sign was not in English and French. One other sign had an "I" before "e" and was also complained about. Are you kidding me? This is the shit that does my head in. Not "1" bilingual sign in Gatineau, that's ok though, but "1" sign on Elgin St is not bilingual, and the shit hits the fan. Unbelievable.....

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sooooooooo. Elgin St in Ottawa is to be closed for an entire year as the Watermain and sewer pipe has to be replaced, it's 100 years old. Closure started yesterday. There were multiple signage and closure details, detours, and what not. All were in French and English but 1. Guess what? People calling in and complaining that "1" fucking sign was not in English and French. One other sign had an "I" before "e" and was also complained about. Are you kidding me? This is the shit that does my head in. Not "1" bilingual sign in Gatineau, that's ok though, but "1" sign on Elgin St is not bilingual, and the shit hits the fan. Unbelievable.....

My colleague spent 1/2 hr on the phone yesterday trying to find the company who maintain the vending machine to complain cos the kitkat she got was melted. There are professional  moaners everywhere.  

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My colleague spent 1/2 hr on the phone yesterday trying to find the company who maintain the vending machine to complain cos the kitkat she got was melted. There are professional  moaners everywhere.  

Some folk value their time so little.

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

At least she is moaning at the right folk. Ramy comes on here and moans like fuk at us aboot something most of us didn't even know about until a couple of days ago. It's almost like he wants the TAMB to sort it out for him? I don't know about you but I've got very little influence over signage in North America.

41 minutes ago, phart said:

It's maybe got more to do with how much she values her kit kat?

She would be quicker and a lot cheaper just nipping into Lidl and buying a packet of them. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but she sounds like the type that will spend a fortune on them daft vending machines then moan like fuk about not having enough money left at the end of the month? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Hahaha. Shoulda bought crisps.🤣

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

At least she is moaning at the right folk. Ramy comes on here and moans like fuk at us aboot something most of us didn't even know about until a couple of days ago. It's almost like he wants the TAMB to sort it out for him? I don't know about you but I've got very little influence over signage in North America.

Think you misunderstood what I meant by posting this. I was just merely pointing out how pathetic some people can be. Pointing out how touchy the French can be over one little mistake. Nobody can fix this problem mate, not the TAMB, nobody. It's the government of Canada spoiling the province of Quebec for decades that whatever they want they get, no matter how big or small.. Imagine calling your council because of a spelling mistake on 1 road sign when the entire rest of the city is bilingual. Anyhoo. Have a lovely day Tambers,🙂

On 1/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Scotty CTA said:

I was taught them in first year French.

I'm sure you had that, too.

It's easy.

Start with Monday (which is really 'Moon Day').

The French say 'Lune' (for moon) as in 'lunar' or 'lunatic'.

loon-dee (Lundi) is Monday.

OK... You do the next one... :)

Like it Scotty :lol:

10 hours ago, phart said:

That example is only the tip of the iceberg. I could dedicate a 10 page thread to her list of complaints, they are so ridiculous it is actually funny. But she is my friend as well a colleague and is a kind person when she isnt spending her time moaning . 

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's maybe got more to do with how much she values her kit kat?

She would be quicker and a lot cheaper just nipping into Lidl and buying a packet of them. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but she sounds like the type that will spend a fortune on them daft vending machines then moan like fuk about not having enough money left at the end of the month? 

She eventually got the company that maintains the machine. They emailed her today and told her to go down to the 5th floor of the building we are in where they have a cafe , and they would replace the kitkat. We are on the 7th floor 🙄

She spent all that time on a kitkat that cost 85p but  has bought sofas on 3 different occasions from those wee magazines you get in the junk mail , and has had to give them all away free after a few weeks as they weren't comfortable and no-one would buy them. 

10 hours ago, ger intae them said:

... any decent causes?

Not a pure moan, but I was corresponding/complaining to Heinz about them not taking up my suggestion to market beanaroni. They were confident that their r&d was superior to mine.

That's easy sorted,

One tins beans.

One tin macaroni.

Whack em in a pot.

Heat and stir,

Munch, munch,

On 1/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

or "merde"

17 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

😡😡😡. Just got an email from a city councillor to my work email. It's in Fucking French!!!!  No even bilingual email. It's all in French. Did one of you cunts call the city councillor here in Ottawa and have him email me in French as a wind up??? 

:lol:

That's class.

43 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

:lol:

That's class.

I just checked email again, no English at all. Ahm no joking mate. I wouldnae put it past that Erastz Thistle to email that arsehole councillor and explain that there is a party anti-francophone bilingual adjitator on the TAMB that needs sorted.  That Thistle bloke,  he no like me.🇫🇲

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I just checked email again, no English at all. Ahm no joking mate. I wouldnae put it past that Erastz Thistle to email that arsehole councillor and explain that there is a party anti-francophone bilingual adjitator on the TAMB that needs sorted.  That Thistle bloke,  he no like me.🇫🇲

Send it to me, I'll translate it for you.