Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toepoke

There is no dark side of the moon

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

People can mistakenly believe and subscribe to flawed theories.

Can't argue with that.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

It's easy to find photos of the Earth taken from the surface of the Moon & even more so from lunar orbit. But you'll just say they are photoshopped so there's not much point linking to them. There were two main reasons (as I understand it) why the astronauts didn't get many images from the surface.

Firstly, they weren't there to take pretty pictures & cared little about 'proving' they'd been there for the sake of a debate that didn't even really exist at the time.

Secondly, the landings were predominantly in equatorial regions of the Moon, meaning that for the larger part of the time people were on the Moon, the Earth was generally very high in the sky so didn't show up on most of the photos that were taken.

Worth looking at how difficult it was to pick out a bright object like Venus in photos from the lunar surface, nevermind distant stars...

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/stars/as14venus.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This threads been an interesting read, apart from Scottys usual howling at the make up moon nonsense.

From 9/11, to God bollocks, to the flat earth pish, Scotty, go get your hole, have a drink or something, just take the tin hat crap off FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kumnio said:

This threads been an interesting read, apart from Scottys usual howling at the make up moon nonsense.

From 9/11, to God bollocks, to the flat earth pish, Scotty, go get your hole, have a drink or something, just take the tin hat crap off FFS.

I'm relatively new here, but what I want to know is why do people engage with him?

Anyone and everything that people say questioning the existence of Jesus or God, etc, he's always going to do what people who are unable to think for themselves do, and that is quote a conveniently vague passage from The Bible Fairytales.

You can only reasonably debate issues with people who are able to counter arguments with logical and concrete rebuttals. A person who has volumes of vague references and blurred texts (which are more flexible than a contortionist) can never be proved wrong, as they use aforementioned references to suit their agenda.

If I ask him (or any person in Team Bible) "Where is God?" More chances than not they'll spout something akin to seeing God in what he has created. We can see him in when we read his words, see his landscape that he sculpted, breath his air, blah, blah, di blah.

No. I want coordinates. I want the literal geographic destination. If he can't do that then he's full of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm relatively new here, but what I want to know is why do people engage with him?

Anyone and everything that people say questioning the existence of Jesus or God, etc, he's always going to do what people who are unable to think for themselves do, and that is quote a conveniently vague passage from The Bible Fairytales.

You can only reasonably debate issues with people who are able to counter arguments with logical and concrete rebuttals. A person who has volumes of vague references and blurred texts (which are more flexible than a contortionist) can never be proved wrong, as they use aforementioned references to suit their agenda.

If I ask him (or any person in Team Bible) "Where is God?" More chances than not they'll spout something akin to seeing God in what he has created. We can see him in when we read his words, see his landscape that he sculpted, breath his air, blah, blah, di blah.

No. I want coordinates. I want the literal geographic destination. If he can't do that then he's full of shit.

I'll only answer the first point really. Because you can't let this stuff go by and ignore it. Bus stop near me graffiti with 'earth is flat research' sign on M9 graffiti with similair. No doubt churches/chapels/synogogues/ mosques/temples spouting the same stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Racist.

They should call it something else, then.

15 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm relatively new here...

I've been here 20 years.

Many know me face to face.

18 minutes ago, Chripper said:

...but what I want to know is why do people engage with him?

I encourage people to think outside the box, and they like to test themselves against what I present.

20 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Anyone and everything that people say questioning the existence of Jesus or God, etc, he's always going to do what people who are unable to think for themselves do...

You don't think that I can think for myself?

21 minutes ago, Chripper said:

and that is quote a conveniently vague passage from The Bible Fairytales.

There's nothing vague about the totality of Scripture.

22 minutes ago, Chripper said:

You can only reasonably debate issues with people who are able to counter arguments with logical and concrete rebuttals.

And?

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

A person who has volumes of vague references and blurred texts (which are more flexible than a contortionist) can never be proved wrong, as they use aforementioned references to suit their agenda.

Not vague. 

Not blurred.

It's the Truth that'll never be proven wrong.

24 minutes ago, Chripper said:

If I ask him (or any person in Team Bible) "Where is God?" More chances than not they'll spout something akin to seeing God in what he has created. We can see him in when we read his words, see his landscape that he sculpted, breath his air, blah, blah, di blah.

God being God, He would be omnipresent... everywhere at once.

25 minutes ago, Chripper said:

No. I want coordinates. I want the literal geographic destination. 

You can't bring God down to what you think you understand.

26 minutes ago, Chripper said:

If he can't do that then he's full of shit.

And yet,  when it's all said and done...

"...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:10-11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I'll only answer the first point really. Because you can't let this stuff go by and ignore it. Bus stop near me graffiti with 'earth is flat research' sign on M9 graffiti with similair. No doubt churches/chapels/synogogues/ mosques/temples spouting the same stuff.

99% of them shirk that responsibility.

It's too bad, too, as loads are coming to Christ with the flat earth coming to light.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's the Truth that'll never be proven wrong

It'll never be proved right, either.

You say it's the truth? Fine. Show me the evidence that God created the heavens and the earth.

And no,  I don't want you to cite a passage from the Bible.

Show me him creating everything. Not words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You don't think that I can think for myself?

I know you can't.

When asked a question about theology, etc, you just cite a passage from the Bible.

You never think for yourself, you're just posting words that other people have written.

Would you believe me if wrote my very own Bible and told you that God told me to write it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'm relatively new here, but what I want to know is why do people engage with him?

Anyone and everything that people say questioning the existence of Jesus or God, etc, he's always going to do what people who are unable to think for themselves do, and that is quote a conveniently vague passage from The Bible Fairytales.

You can only reasonably debate issues with people who are able to counter arguments with logical and concrete rebuttals. A person who has volumes of vague references and blurred texts (which are more flexible than a contortionist) can never be proved wrong, as they use aforementioned references to suit their agenda.

If I ask him (or any person in Team Bible) "Where is God?" More chances than not they'll spout something akin to seeing God in what he has created. We can see him in when we read his words, see his landscape that he sculpted, breath his air, blah, blah, di blah.

No. I want coordinates. I want the literal geographic destination. If he can't do that then he's full of shit.

I disagree wildly with Scotty on most of this stuff, but (hope you don't mind me saying, Scotty) I find him an intelligent & fascinating bloke who has forced me to think & critique why I believe what I do. In a sense, because I'm not a professional scientist, I have challenged myself to question whether or not I'm just putting my faith in a different set of books without actually assessing the evidence. So I don't think it does any harm to engage at all as & when I have the time, even if at this point in time I've not been persuaded to shift my views on anything.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'm relatively new here, but what I want to know is why do people engage with him?

 

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I encourage people to think outside the box, and they like to test themselves against what I present.

Succinctly put. 

Science relies on testing knowledge and not just making assumptions. So physicists and astronomers ask themselves, what if the sun was only 30 miles away, or 30 miles across, or whatever. It wouldn't bother me if no one  really believed the Earth to be flat. It's still useful to demonstrate that answers to the appearance of 'heavenly bodies' can be found from simple demonstrations you can do at home. I've learned lots of new things about space exploration (and Antarctic exploration) and even things about the geography of a flat planet.  For me, anyway, those things can be worth discussing in public, but I leave religion and conspiracy theories to others. 

 

Edited by exile
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chripper said:

It'll never be proved right, either..

It will as the script continues to unfold (and we're 100% on track as I type).

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

When asked a question about theology, etc, you just cite a passage from the Bible.

It's best to refer to an infinite mind than my flawed finite mind.

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

You never think for yourself, you're just posting words that other people have written. 

Then simply name another person that thinks like me.

As posted a few times previously... There's loads of Truthers, and there's loads of Bible-believing Christians, but I'm dismayed that there aren't loads of Bible-believing Truthers (where by very definition there should be).

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

Would you believe me if wrote my very own Bible and told you that God told me to write it? 

Well, since the Holy Bible was 'God breathed' and written through 40 different people (from kings to prisoners) over 1,500 years who lived as far apart as 1,500 miles and where everyone agreed on everything, then I'm going to say that it'd be impossible for it to be the work of a single human.

It's so deep, rich, and layered, that no one's ever got to the bottom of it, yet.

How do you explain the 100% accuracy rate of prophecy?

(Could a single human being maintain that over 6,000 years?)

Try putting just three people in a room and see if they agree on everything.

(Or closer to home, just look on here.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I disagree wildly with Scotty on most of this stuff, but (hope you don't mind me saying, Scotty) I find him an intelligent & fascinating bloke who has forced me to think & critique why I believe what I do. In a sense, because I'm not a professional scientist, I have challenged myself to question whether or not I'm just putting my faith in a different set of books without actually assessing the evidence. So I don't think it does any harm to engage at all....

That's what I'm asking.

For folk to question (everything) before they (just go along and) accept.

And there's even opposition to that... 

29817445-14327216252213824-The-Nattering

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

...& when I have the time...

Amen

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

 ...even if at this point in time I've not been persuaded to shift my views on anything.

Creation, the illuminati, JFK, Diana, 9/11,  flat earth?

If you truly understand one, then the penny should drop on the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

That's what I'm asking.

For folk to question (everything) before they (just go along and) accept.

And there's even opposition to that... 

29817445-14327216252213824-The-Nattering

Amen

Creation, the illuminati, JFK, Diana, 9/11,  flat earth?

If you truly understand one, then the penny should drop on the rest.

I don't agree with the premise that these things are like dominoes. There are a couple of "conspiracy" theories that I find myself potentially persuaded by; one is certainly Diana. I have a strong feeling that there's more to that than meets the eye, but that comes from my lefty, Republican leanings I think rather than any tie-in with flat Earth, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, exile said:

Science relies on testing knowledge and not just making assumptions.

That's the way it's supposed to work.

3 hours ago, exile said:

So physicists and astronomers ask themselves, what if the sun was only 30 (3000) miles away, or 30 miles across, or whatever. 

If only they would, and if only they were allowed to publish their findings.

3 hours ago, exile said:

It wouldn't bother me if no one  really believed the Earth to be flat. 

It would be like no one believing 2+2=4.

3 hours ago, exile said:

It's still useful to demonstrate that answers to the appearance of 'heavenly bodies' can be found from simple demonstrations you can do at home. 

That's part of the illusion.

3 hours ago, exile said:

I've learned lots of new things about space exploration (and Antarctic exploration) and even things about the geography of a flat planet.  For me, anyway, those things can be worth discussing in public...

I thank you for all of your recent posts. :ok:

3 hours ago, exile said:

...but I leave religion and conspiracy theories to others. 

Everything (like it or not) is connected, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I don't agree with the premise that these things are like dominoes. 

It's easier to see things once you are operating within the correct framework.

(Our education system, media, etc. do their best to move the goalposts.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's easier to see things once you are operating within the correct framework.

(Our education system, media, etc. do their best to move the goalposts.)

At different times in my life, I've chosen religion, politics, psychology, philosophy & various combinations of them & other things to give me a framework to understand the world. I am 100% convinced though that the world is spheroid & that the Moon landings happened, probably 95% certain that 9/11 was what it seems to be, maybe 80% that JFK was what it seemed to be but not convinced at all by the official Diana story. So I see what you are saying, & as I said I think one thing you achieve very well is stopping me from going down a 'raising the eyebrows' & saying something is crap without at least understanding my own position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

That's the way it's supposed to work.

If only they would, and if only they were allowed to publish their findings.

It would be like no one believing 2+2=4.

That's part of the illusion.

I thank you for all of your recent posts. :ok:

Everything (like it or not) is connected, though.

:ok: Any other comments or outstanding questions I'll keep to on Lunar Eclipse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Well, since the Holy Bible was 'God breathed' and written through 40 different people (from kings to prisoners) over 1,500 years who lived as far apart as 1,500 miles and where everyone agreed on everything, then I'm going to say that it'd be impossible for it to be the work of a single human.

It's so deep, rich, and layered, that no one's ever got to the bottom of it, yet.

How do you explain the 100% accuracy rate of prophecy?

(Could a single human being maintain that over 6,000 years?)

Try putting just three people in a room and see if they agree on everything.

(Or closer to home, just look on here.)

I'll ask you again, and will keep doing so till you give me a yes or a no.

If God came to me in this year and I wrote the words he spoke to me, verbatim, would you believe me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

At different times in my life, I've chosen religion, politics, psychology, philosophy & various combinations of them & other things to give me a framework to attempt to understand the world. 

The first one is the worst one.

47 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I am 100% convinced though for now that the world is spheroid & that the Moon landings happened...

Don't settle, though.

Keep searching and inquiring.

3526a4d68b9bb91e5b892d96e832c020.jpg  a1be6a7806b2140150c8b9bde10b5e5f.jpg  98bc3c69b4b5c32ea701de8dbc3934e7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chripper said:

I'll ask you again, and will keep doing so till you give me a yes or a no.

If God came to me in this year and I wrote the words he spoke to through me, verbatim, would you believe me?

No, because He wouldn't do that.

The Bible has been finished.

It's complete. 

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book," Revelation 22:18

You seem to want a proof (that you are willing to accept with your current mindset) but we Christians believe by faith. Not blind faith, but faith based on the evidence of a Creator through creation, and the infallibility of God's Word.

We are saved by faith, so God loves us too much to remove the only thing that we can be saved by.

If you're hoping for 'an alien spaceship landing on the White House lawn' moment, then you're going to be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Well, since the Holy Bible was 'God breathed' and written through 40 different people (from kings to prisoners) over 1,500 years who lived as far apart as 1,500 miles and where everyone agreed on everything, then I'm going to say that it'd be impossible for it to be the work of a single human

OK. Can you give me the names of these alleged 40 different people?

I mean, surely if they documented the word of God as well as the creation of every single matter there must be documentation of the names of these people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, because He wouldn't do that.

The Bible has been finished.

It's complete. 

 

And what if God, in his infinite wisdom, decided that he left something out or he wanted to make another declaration of his presence?

So, what you're saying is that you would believe God to be a liar if I wrote the words that he spoke to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...