There is no dark side of the moon - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The vessel would be on a 'circular' course.

The 'circular' course would occur because the vessel had a power source (wind, etc.) and a compass.

That's interesting since one of your key arguments for a flat Earth is that you observe it to be flat and motionless. But you now seem to admit that you could be on a vessel observing it to be moving straight ahead - but which turns out to be imperceptibly following a circular circuit.

I don't think you've answered the question of the mysterious centripetal force that keeps the vessel going in the circuit. Yes, the vessel has a means of forward propulsion, but that doesn't explain its motion following supposed 'lines of latitude' on a flat Earth. What additional lateral force is nudging it round in a circle?

Edited by exile

7 hours ago, exile said:

That's interesting since one of your key arguments for a flat Earth is that you observe it to be flat and motionless.

Yes

7 hours ago, exile said:

But you now seem to admit that you could be on a vessel observing it to be moving straight ahead - but which turns out to be imperceptibly following a circular circuit.

All I was saying is that that you can control a vessel to travel in any direction on a compass.

8 hours ago, exile said:

I don't think you've answered the question of the mysterious centripetal force that keeps the vessel going in the circuit. Yes, the vessel has a means of forward propulsion, but that doesn't explain its motion following supposed 'lines of latitude' on a flat Earth. What additional lateral force is nudging it round in a circle?

Probably not.

Why don't you just say what it is you have to say?

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes

All I was saying is that that you can control a vessel to travel in any direction on a compass.

Probably not.

Why don't you just say what it is you have to say?

On a thread about lunar exploration you introduced a flat earth model and I was just invitng you to explain it.

In the course of doing so, I tried to think of a way of testing your model that anyone could follow, by the simplest means, not involving photographical analysis, calculations, videos or reliance on ideological explanations.

As far as I can see, your flat earth model is 'not proven' as it would need as yet unexplained forces to fit reality.

I thought you relished the chance to explain your model, but if not we can give it a rest and stick to space exploration!

• 2 weeks later...