There is no dark side of the moon - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

What, you mean like there's eye witnesses at Penn and Teller and David Blaine, etc?

No

So, you'd believe sinners?

As stated, the Holy Spirit ultimately authored the Bible.

The 40 humans were the means to it being physically written.

Yes, yes, the sky and the trees and the everything is "evidence". Can you show me actual proof that there is a God?

Creation had to have a Creator.

Otherwise, can you show me design without a designer?

I'm sorry, but a few books about incest and murder written by sinners isn't exactly going to convince me. On the contrary, I actually believe it less now.

Only because you've never read and studied the Bible, and don't know what you are criticising.

So, i'd be proven wrong? .

You will be unless you repent, yes.

How so? How can you prove me wrong?

You will be proven wrong as Scripture continues to unfold.

Dude, you are saying, without doubt, that God created everything and Jesus is his son. I'm asking for proof.

Creation is proof of a Creator, just as a watch is proof of a watchmaker.

Besides God, Who else could accurately prophecise for 6,000 years?

You're not delivering any.

It's not my job to convince you.

It is however my duty to tell you that Jesus is God, that He took on flesh, lived a sinless life, shed His precious blood to wash away all of our sins (past, present, and future), died in our place on the cross, and rose on the third day after defeating death and the grave on behalf of everyone who wants to receive that free gift.

Can you or can you not provide proof on the above? If you can't provide any then there is room for doubt in your mind.

Doubt is a natural part of faith, but I go over it, and over it, and over it, and each time... Jesus Christ is Lord. :)

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

No

Plenty of people have witnessed Penn and Teller and David Blaine.

Imagine if those people had done so two thousand years ago, Penn and Teller, etc, would be accused of sorcery. Meanwhile, Jesus is thought of as the freakin' son of God. 

Jesus was a bastard born of adultery and to save being stoned to death, his mother concocted the story that he was the son of God. Fine, people were ignorant back then, but for people to still believe it in 2019, well, it's incredible.

The 40 humans were the means to it being physically written.

So says the 40 villains and no one else.

Creation is proof of a Creator, just as a watch is proof of a watchmaker.

Besides God, Who else could accurately prophecise for 6,000 years?

The Bible prophesized absolutely nothing.

All you have is a few hundred thousand vague references that can be used to explain everything that meets your agenda.

Only because you've never read and studied the Bible, and don't know what you are criticising.

I'm not criticizing anything, it's you that's stating the Bible as fact.

Facts by nature are things which can be proven.

I'm open minded enough to say that the Big Bang is a theory, but for some reason you're not open minded enough to say the same about the Bible. I can't give you evidence of the Big Bang, same as you can't give me evidence of any of the Bible teachings.

It's not my job to convince you.

It is however my duty to tell you that Jesus is God, that He took on flesh, lived a sinless life, shed His precious blood to wash away all of our sins (past, present, and future), died in our place on the cross, and rose on the third day after defeating death and the grave on behalf of everyone who wants to receive that free gift.

Again, you're delivering as a fact.

Show me the evidence.

He died in our place? Yes, wouldn't that mean that we'd all be immortal? :P

Doubt is a natural part of faith, but I go over it, and over it, and over it, and each time... Jesus Christ is Lord. :)

Not really. Chripper is Lord. 

Blasphemy? Nahh! ;)

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

OK... Ever see magicians on TV and think to yourself "I know it's a trick, but I have no idea how he did that?"

Ever had how a magic trick was done revealed to you?

So... If they faked the moon landings, how would they go about it?

2dqj6m1.jpg

The thing is though when I see a magician, I know from the outset that's exactly what they are & that there's a trick behind it. With regards specifically to the Moon landing, I sat transfixed watching it as a kid & have had an interest ever since. I have no doubts whatsoever that they really happened. Or, put another way, it would take something vastly more convincing than anything I've ever seen to make me doubt it. I could send you countless links explaining how people are tricked into believing in God, but you would reject every one out of hand I imagine.

By the way - you still haven't answered my question about how many people are/have been in the past employed to guard the ice wall :)

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

The thing is though when I see a magician, I know from the outset that's exactly what they are & that there's a trick behind it.

Just asking if it would have been possible for an unmanned rocket to take off and land in the ocean; for everyone working (in compartmentalisation) to be viewing a simulation; for the moon scenes to be filmed on earth; and for the capsule to be dropped out of a plane.

we-got-here-with-a-computer-less-powerfu

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

By the way - you still haven't answered my question about how many people are/have been in the past employed to guard the ice wall :)

(I haven't read everything yet.)

It's not really an issue.

Folk don't have the money to launch their own rockets or travel to Antarctica.

The thin air and the freezing cold put up their own defences.

After that, there's radar and the coast guards of the nations involved in the treaty.

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

I can't give you evidence proof of the Big Bang, same as you can't give me evidence of any of the Bible teachings.

"For the Word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

"For the Word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

Once again, you're citing words from people who may have been murderers and rapists.

If Fred West said that he got a visit from Jesus, would you have believed him?

If not, what's the difference?

They didnt have mobile phones in 1944 either but managed to develop a ballistic missile that could hit a determined target with fairly good precision for it's time

(They aimed one at the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen from 40 miles away and it missed it by about 400 metres)

v2_rocket_1.jpg

Surely the ice wall is longer circumference than 47,000 km. The Great Wall of China is 21,000 km and it is just one country within the flat earth. The earth,s globe circumference is about 40,000 km but of course you see only one side of the globe but in the flat earth the ice wall encompasses both ‘sides, all countries. I reckon it must be closer to 80,000 km in circumference. With at least one guard per 250m that would require 320,000 guards per shift. Even if 12 on 12 off that is 640,000 per day ignoring the need for more due to holidays and illness. Plus all the accommodation, logistics, canteens, heating, support staff to keep them all alive living on an ice wall. I wonder where they advertise for new staff, sounds like it must pay well considering how quiet they keep it. 

Edited by thplinth

Think how easy it would be prove the existence of god just be proving the existence of the dome. All it would take is some determined truther to scale the ice wall and journey to the edge with a team of huskies and some decent polar equipment. Post results in YouTube and the whole world realizes the con job realizes their mistake and believes in God. But what suddenly no one has the money or can be bothered to do this? Eh?

If they had faked it they would have sent landers to the moon to capture what it looks like on film and get the look right on the fake film. And indeed there was a lot of shit sent there before Apollo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artificial_objects_on_the_Moon

How hard once you have the high contrast no stars pictures / look to replicate that artificially?

If you speed up the film of the astronauts on the moon to 2X 'normal' speed they appear to move as if on earth and they do not jump any higher than they could on on earth... no really tall jumps... just slow normal jumps.

Maybe they did land men on the moon and they all died there so they made some re-creation film. Technically they are not lying but....

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

If they had faked it they would have sent landers to the moon to capture what it looks like on film and get the look right on the fake film. And indeed there was a lot of shit sent there before Apollo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artificial_objects_on_the_Moon

Yep, Apollo 12 landed fairly close to Surveyor 3 and the astronauts brought parts of it back...

https://www.space.com/11536-moon-microbe-mystery-solved-apollo-12.html

How hard once you have the high contrast no stars pictures / look to replicate that artificially?

If you speed up the film of the astronauts on the moon to 2X 'normal' speed they appear to move as if on earth and they do not jump any higher than they could on on earth... no really tall jumps... just slow normal jumps.

Maybe they did land men on the moon and they all died there so they made some re-creation film. Technically they are not lying but....

The dust particle movement remains a key indicator that there was no filming on earth...

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/proof-we-landed-moon-dust#page-2

33 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yep, Apollo 12 landed fairly close to Surveyor 3 and the astronauts brought parts of it back...

https://www.space.com/11536-moon-microbe-mystery-solved-apollo-12.html

The dust particle movement remains a key indicator that there was no filming on earth...

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/proof-we-landed-moon-dust#page-2

Brought it back or maybe it never left in the first place? They should have been jumping much higher. I think the official explanation is the suits were too restrictive... and that is possible. But it is not the only possible explanation.

Brought it back or maybe it never left in the first place? They should have been jumping much higher. I think the official explanation is the suits were too restrictive... and that is possible. But it is not the only possible explanation.

Certainly the suits weighed about the equivalent of 15kg on earth, that would've been like lugging a full suitcase about with you.

20 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Certainly the suits weighed about the equivalent of 15kg on earth, that would've been like lugging a full suitcase about with you.

15kg on earth is 5kg less than you are allowed on Jet2 for your suitcase, modestly heavy by our standards but on the moon that is fuck all weightwise to a super-fit astronaut. They all should have been capable of doing astonishing jumps even suited. But clearly the suits were too restrictive.  

20 hours ago, Chripper said:

McJesus died for our burgers.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap." Galatians 6:7

12 hours ago, Chripper said:

Once again, you're citing words from people who may have been murderers and rapists.

They were neither.

They were imperfect like everyone else, though.

You have freewill, however, you will have no choice as to the consequence of entering eternity without the forgiveness of sin.

I beg of you not to take this lightly.

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Sailors navigated the oceans with a clock and a sextant for centuries. 

A sextant will tell you that the sun is approx. 3,000 miles away.

7 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Do you post this tosh just because you cannot survive now without a cell phone and Google maps?

No, I use neither.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap." Galatians 6:7

I will reap? Oh goody! When?

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

They were neither.

They were imperfect like everyone else, though.

OK, at last we're getting somewhere.

How do you know they were rapists or murderers? Do they have biographies?

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I beg of you not to take this lightly.

Oh, I'm taking it lightly alright, and I will continue to do so.