There is no dark side of the moon - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

We used to watch the Apollo missions at school, at least the early ones. I started in September 1969 so have no recollection of XI, definitely remember XII & very vivid memories of XIII. I had a toy Saturn V as a kid as I was utterly obsessed with it. I took it into school, & remember the teacher trying to explain using the toy what they thought had happened.

More than one teacher also said that by the time we were adults we'd probably been going on holiday to the Moon. Lying barstewards. Still waiting.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Artemis is broadcasting a live stream by the way

https://www.nasa.gov/content/live-coverage-of-nasas-artemis-i-mission-to-the-moon

So if you do actually want to see earth and moon from space, live, you can watch it and see that the earth is actually round. 

This is one of the things Scotty kept asking for, isn't it? But no doubt there will be another excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In about 2 minutes, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to launch its Chandrayaan 3 Moon lander on July 14, Friday at 14:35 IST (09:05 UTC).

If successful, this will be the first-ever controlled landing at a high latitude (~69S 32E) on the Moon by any country/organisation.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-67545539

Nasa delivers 'teaspoonful of asteroid' Bennu to UK

The sample was scooped up from the surface of 500m-wide asteroid Bennu in 2020 by Nasa's Osiris-Rex spacecraft, and then delivered by capsule to the Utah desert two months ago.

The US agency wants to learn more about the mountainous object, not least because it has an outside chance of hitting our planet in the next 300 years.