There is no dark side of the moon - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The vessel would be on a 'circular' course.

The 'circular' course would occur because the vessel had a power source (wind, etc.) and a compass.

That's interesting since one of your key arguments for a flat Earth is that you observe it to be flat and motionless. But you now seem to admit that you could be on a vessel observing it to be moving straight ahead - but which turns out to be imperceptibly following a circular circuit.

I don't think you've answered the question of the mysterious centripetal force that keeps the vessel going in the circuit. Yes, the vessel has a means of forward propulsion, but that doesn't explain its motion following supposed 'lines of latitude' on a flat Earth. What additional lateral force is nudging it round in a circle?

Edited by exile

7 hours ago, exile said:

That's interesting since one of your key arguments for a flat Earth is that you observe it to be flat and motionless.

Yes

7 hours ago, exile said:

But you now seem to admit that you could be on a vessel observing it to be moving straight ahead - but which turns out to be imperceptibly following a circular circuit.

All I was saying is that that you can control a vessel to travel in any direction on a compass.

8 hours ago, exile said:

I don't think you've answered the question of the mysterious centripetal force that keeps the vessel going in the circuit. Yes, the vessel has a means of forward propulsion, but that doesn't explain its motion following supposed 'lines of latitude' on a flat Earth. What additional lateral force is nudging it round in a circle?

Probably not.

Why don't you just say what it is you have to say?

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes

All I was saying is that that you can control a vessel to travel in any direction on a compass.

Probably not.

Why don't you just say what it is you have to say?

On a thread about lunar exploration you introduced a flat earth model and I was just invitng you to explain it.

In the course of doing so, I tried to think of a way of testing your model that anyone could follow, by the simplest means, not involving photographical analysis, calculations, videos or reliance on ideological explanations.

As far as I can see, your flat earth model is 'not proven' as it would need as yet unexplained forces to fit reality.

I thought you relished the chance to explain your model, but if not we can give it a rest and stick to space exploration!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 11:12 PM, exile said:

All I'll say is, if all the continental land masses were all packed together on a smaller Earth, where did the oceans come from?

Lava contains 15-20% Water & Volatiles

here's a recent mainstream video( although nothing to do with expanding earth theory):

'Where did all the water come from'

https://youtu.be/wfg3w2oBaFY&t=522

Edited by Mazda

• 1 month later...

Officials with the Hubble Space Telescope program have some new science to share on Wednesday (March 30).

A NASA statement promises "one for the record books" and an "exciting new observation" from the nearly 32-year-old telescope.

I wonder if they've got a picture of the james Webb, or aliens.

16 hours ago, phart said:

Officials with the Hubble Space Telescope program have some new science...

If it has the word 'science' pertaining to it, then atheists/sheeple will believe it and accept it, and not question it, because that's the stance that so-called 'intelligent' folk take. 

16 hours ago, phart said:

I wonder if they've got a picture of the james Webb, or aliens.

Yeah, me too.

17 hours ago, phart said:

...to share on Wednesday (March 30).

03 30 2022

(22, 11/11, 32, 33, 66, 322) 

16 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

If it has the word 'science' pertaining to it, then atheists/sheeple will believe it and accept it, and not question it, because that's the stance that so-called 'intelligent' folk take. 

yeah - much better to believe in something that doesnt have "testable explanations"

Like... hmmm...

The Big Bang?

Evolution?

Dinosaurs?

Gravity?

The curvature of the earth?

The spinning 'globe'?

Satellites? 

Men landing on the moon?

Please show me the 'tests'. 😊

You see, Ally, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

You believe and accept these things although zero proof exists.

You believe what you do by 'faith' (and won't admit it) while I, on the other hand, start off by admitting I believe everything by faith.

In what way do the fossils of dinosaurs not satisfy you as “proof”?

15 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

zero proof exists.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

That your only comeback?

You conceding the rest? 

No - i just picked the one that made you look the most deranged

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yeah if only it was in a book written in a language you can't read or write yourself.

Every accusation is a confession.

There's multiple tests spanning millenia about the curvature of the earth, it's why civilisations across the globe with no contact with each other continously came to the same conclusion over and over throughout the history of humans.

Not knowing what the tests are or how to perform them is a not a function of there being no tests but a function of your ignorance to the techniques.

Anyway, this is the nth iteration of this argument. So not much else to be said.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...