There is no dark side of the moon - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

5 hours ago, phart said:

Flat Earth GIF - Flat Earth Dinosaur GIFs

- the earth isn't a disc.

- dinosaurs never existed.

- a meteor has never (and could never) hit earth.

You've posted this in an attempt to try and show the 'ridiculous impossibility' of the 'flat' earth, but none of the information  in that video is true.

Do you see the irony in mocking truth with the very same CGI that has deceived you into your impossible world view? 

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

- the earth isn't a disc.

- dinosaurs never existed.

- a meteor has never (and could never) hit earth.

You've posted this in an attempt to try and show the 'ridiculous impossibility' of the 'flat' earth, but none of the information  in that video is true.

Do you see the irony in mocking truth with the very same CGI that has deceived you into your impossible world view? 

I posted it cause it was funny. It's hardly good quality evidence, it's a gif.

There's already been a rake of actual obervational evidence posted why the "flat earth" hypothesis is wrong in this very thread. I'm not going to rehash everything. You don't think the speed of light is constant or special relativity is real. Yet you use a phone which is designed and would only work if these are true.

You have a staggering arrogance. The combined efforts of centuries of empirical and theoretical physics is all wrong and you are right. Yet you'd have to google how to calculate how to work out the volume of a sphere.

32 minutes ago, phart said:

I posted it cause it was funny. It's hardly good quality evidence, it's a gif.

There's already been a rake of actual obervational evidence posted why the "flat earth" hypothesis is wrong in this very thread. I'm not going to rehash everything. You don't think the speed of light is constant or special relativity is real. Yet you use a phone which is designed and would only work if these are true.

You have a staggering arrogance. The combined efforts of centuries of empirical and theoretical physics is all wrong and you are right. Yet you'd have to google how to calculate how to work out the volume of a sphere.

To be fair, he is right about that bit. 😉

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

To be fair, he is right about that bit. 😉

I suspect this argument will be a semantic one, "actually its velocity is different depending on the medium it travels through" as opposed to a physical argument. Since its speed is constant through whatever medium it travels.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

I suspect this argument will be a semantic one, "actually its velocity is different depending on the medium it travels through" as opposed to a physical argument. Since its speed is constant through whatever medium it travels.

I doubt that he knows enough about how light works to come up with that, but I could be wrong.

It's probably more about me being a bit pedantic just wanting to point out that the speed of light isn't constant. 😁

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I doubt that he knows enough about how light works to come up with that, but I could be wrong.

It's probably more about me being a bit pedantic just wanting to point out that the speed of light isn't constant. 😁

Why is it the constant in which a lot of others things are derived then? ;) If it is in fact not constant?

23 minutes ago, phart said:

Why is it the constant in which a lot of others things are derived then? ;) If it is in fact not constant?

The constant "c" is the speed of light in a vacuum, which is constant. As well as that, all wavelengths of light travel at the same speed in a vacuum. Different wavelengths of light can travel at different speeds through different materials.

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The constant "c" is the speed of light in a vacuum, which is constant. As well as that, all wavelengths of light travel at the same speed in a vacuum. Different wavelengths of light can travel at different speeds through different materials.

I know. It's the frequency which creates the different velocities not the wavelength by the way, although the two properties are linked i know. Well according to the Feyman lectures on it anyway.As it's the oscillation that causes it.

Edited by phart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

James Webb Telescope hopefully going up in less than 3 weeks.

Hopefully everything goes to plan!

Part of the advanatage Galileo and Newton had were their telescopes were better. van Leeuwenhoek discovered single cell organisms cause his lenses were better.

Be interesting to see what folk will discover now their telescopes are better.

3 hours ago, phart said:

James Webb Telescope hopefully going up in less than 3 weeks.

Hopefully everything goes to plan!

Part of the advanatage Galileo and Newton had were their telescopes were better. van Leeuwenhoek discovered single cell organisms cause his lenses were better.

Be interesting to see what folk will discover now their telescopes are better.

I think it will discover some incredible stuff. Mind boggling how it's been conceptualised!

webbs-orbit.png?mtime=1598452302

4925.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

Given all the money spent on weapons etc it constantly amazes me that there are so few space telescopes and that we are relying on one that is 31 years old. How is that possible... Instead we have countless telescopes looking down in the form of spy satellites... the world is bizarre to me. Looking forward to what this one will see with the latest tech. 

Only £7.5 billion as well, which is obviously an incredible amount but you are designing something so advanced/precise and then firing it a million miles away.

Hubble had to have a "contact lens" put on it as well.

Could do with a few more telescopes in orbit which concentrate on different spectra. I was listening to a podcast with someone involved in dark matter detection and they were saying an specific ultra-violet telescope would be amazing.

I've gotten to remotely use "Observatorio del Teide" facilities. COAST is an optical telescope.

I think anyone can use it following this free course

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-maths-technology/astronomy/create-stunning-images-the-universe

2 hours ago, chaff said:

I took a small spirit level on the plane to Berlin, it stayed level the whole time, I'm now convinced the earth is flat.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You ever seen the doc about the Flat earthers where they devise an experiment to prove it is flat and also the null hypothesis which would prove it was curved. Then it shows it is curved so they just ignore it devise another experiment using gyrosccopes to show it isn't spinning, again shows it is spinning, so buy another 20k gyro and it shows the same result.

There was this eschatological cult (end of life) who were proved wrong and instead of accepting that they were wrong they just doubled down. They were called "the seekers" the cult https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seekers_(rapturists)

Edited by phart

52 minutes ago, phart said:

You ever seen the doc about the Flat earthers where they devise an experiment to prove it is flat and also the null hypothesis which would prove it was curved. Then it shows it is curved so they just ignore it devise another experiment using gyrosccopes to show it isn't spinning, again shows it is spinning, so buy another 20k gyro and it shows the same result.

There was this eschatological cult (end of life) who were proved wrong and instead of accepting that they were wrong they just doubled down. They were called "the seekers" the cult https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seekers_(rapturists)

I'll check this out, did you watch that you tube link I put up? One flat earther uses a small globe and a massive plane to try and explain that pilots would be flying upside down. 😂

Reminded me of the father Ted sketch of the cows being small because they were far away.

Just now, chaff said:

I'll check this out, did you watch that you tube link I put up? One flat earther uses a small globe and a massive plane to try and explain that pilots would be flying upside down. 😂

Reminded me of the father Ted sketch of the cows being small because they were far away.

I watched like 5 mins. Never got too far it's like 20 minutes 😭

Folk predating christ were thinking the earth was round. It's not even controversial.

My favourite podcaster talks about it here

Yeah 7.5 billion nowadays for this kind of project is a pittance, it really is... We should have arrays of them... it is sad. If I was president of the world this shit would have a jumbo budget instead of say this clown show... not sure this link will work.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=f35+crashes+off+elizabeth&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLFoyICk0qJc