There is no dark side of the moon - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

• 2 weeks later...

This is wild , they are attempting to recover all boosters, one is going too fast so using a remote recovery thing instead. If they pull all this off it might be the most complicated thing i've ever seen.

Fuck 8 minutes in and the side boosters are back and landed right next to each other.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Phart that launch was from last month. I watched it at the time and all 3 boosters were successfully recovered.

Last night's launch was scrubbed for 24 hours...

https://www.space.com/spacex-dragon-cargo-ship-crs17-launch-delay.html

I thought something was up, after i watched it i went to reddit and couldn't see a live thread on this launch but it was really early.

This explains it. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Spacex night launch took place a few hours back.

24 minutes in for a great film of the booster landing at sea...

Watched it but decided against posting this time in case i was tricked again lol

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very unusual article.

Since 2015, dozens of Navy F-18 fighter jets have encountered unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAPs) — once commonly referred to as UFOs — off the East Coast of the United States, some not far from the nation’s capital. Encounters have been reported by other military aircraft and civilian airliners elsewhere in the U.S. and abroad, too, including videos shot by airline passengers.

What these UAPs were and who was flying them — whether friends, foes or unknown forces — remains a mystery. Yet careful examination of the data inevitably leads to one possible, disturbing conclusion: A potential adversary of the United States has mastered technologies we do not yet understand to achieve capabilities we cannot yet match.

It is long past time for Congress to discover the answers to those questions and to share at least some of its conclusions with the public.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/444422-friend-foe-or-unknown-force-flying-overhead-congress-should-find

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Back again I see... dearie me. How long was it this time? Maybe you are PZ after all.

Zero fact checking from him.

The guy who wrote it: Mr. Mellon served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Security and Information Operations. In that capacity, he was responsible for policy and programmatic oversight of information assurance, critical infrastructure protection, security, counterintelligence, and information operations strategy and integration. Mellon went to the Pentagon as a member of Secretary Cohen's transition team on January 2, 1997. Following the transition, Mellon was appointed as the Coordinator for Advanced Concepts and Program Integration, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, concentrating on encryption and information assurance issues.[citation needed] From November 1997 to June 1998, he served as the Special Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Policy, providing advice on a range of intelligence issues. Before entering the private sector, Mellon returned to Capitol Hill where he served as the Minority Staff Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee for Senator John D. Rockefeller, IV from 2002-2004.

Coordinator for Advanced Concepts and Program Integration- is all about this shit- " Our expertise is in developing radar, electronic warfare, and system-of-systems technologies for future integrated air and missile defense systems. We design highly digitized phased array radars, equipped w "

Edited by phart