There is no dark side of the moon - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

7 hours ago, beardy said:

That's a spoof website. 

Unless you think the following  story is true

MAN WHO HAD WOMAN’S BRAIN TRANSPLANTED HAS FIVE CAR CRASHES IN TWO WEEKS

Pretty funny it's parody sites that back up Scotty's version of reality.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, Huddersfield said:

By the way - you still haven't answered my question about how many people are/have been in the past employed to guard the ice wall :)

On 1/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, Scotty CTA said:

(I haven't read everything yet.)

It's not really an issue.

Folk don't have the money to launch their own rockets or travel to Antarctica.

The thin air and the freezing cold put up their own defences.

After that, there's radar and the coast guards of the nations involved in the treaty.

10 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Why is the air thin at the ice wall?

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I didn't say it was.

Hope you think the above is a fair summary of the conversations, involved. Maybe I've misundestood something, where is this thin air and why is it thin?

Ice loss from Antarctica has sextupled since the 1970s, new research finds

Ice loss from Antarctica in 1979 - 40 billion tons per year

Ice loss from Antarctica in 2017 - 252 billion tons per year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2019/01/14/ice-loss-antarctica-has-sextupled-since-s-new-research-finds/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4971cead3ff2

Presumably this is because of the central heating installed to keep all those guards warm ...

If you wait long enough you might get a guard floating down your street on a bit of ice

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I get that most would be wooshed by sustained parody.

Dude your beliefs Trump your critical thinking skills, hence why you believed that Dinosaur April Fool's story and also this recent one.

All human brains do it.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:31 AM, Scotty CTA said:

And no one would catch on that a big mouth Christian Truther was asking around for transport to Antarctica, some decent polar equipment, and a team of huskies?

It's not like I could do it on my lunch hour.

I genuinely couldn't afford it, and I'd be an inexperienced fish out of water who would perish in that environment.

All that evangelical money in the USA and not one person could? It would not even be that expensive relative to the price of one of those Gulfstream jets that the pastors are so fond of - about $60m a piece for a new one fitted out nice. Chartering a suitable vessel and launching a few drones to definitely prove the existence of God and save humanity en masse is hardly a major outlay in comparison. Just pretend you are going sight seeing and keep the drones in the hold under wraps. 

5 hours ago, phart said:

Dude your beliefs Trump your critical thinking skills, hence why you believed that Dinosaur April Fool's story and also this recent one.

I believed neither.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

All that evangelical money in the USA and not one person could? 

They are ball-earthers.

In my church of 4,000 people, I'm the only flat-earther.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I keep answering you.

Cause... altitude.

Location... up high.

Yeah, I appreciate that but some of your answers are a bit cryptic. Anyway, are you saying that, the earths surface beyond the ice wall reaches an altitude high enough to cause respitory problems for a person due to the thinner air at this altitude?

Edited by Eisegerwind

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, I appreciate that but some of your answers are a bit cryptic. Anyway, are you saying that, the earths surface beyond the ice wall reaches an altitude high enough to cause respitory problems for a person due to the thinner air at this altitude?

Whoops, respiratory.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

I got to know... how exactly do you know the views of the other 3999 people in your church on the Flat Earth question? 

I haven't met one in my ten years there (would be my point).

9 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

At ground level it's really, really cold... and way up in the sky the air is really, really thin.

How are these even issues?

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

How do you know? Who are you believing that has told you those two facts? And how do they know?

Who am I believing that it's cold in the Antarctic?

Is that your question?

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Why is air thinner higher up?

Mountaineers carry oxygen cylinder while climbing high mountains to avoid suffocation. As we go higher and higher, at high altitudes, amount of oxygen present in the atmosphere is determined by atmospheric pressure. Though the concentration of oxygen is 21% and is constant throughout the air, the layer of air at heights above than 12000 feet becomes thinner and thinner. This decreases the number of oxygen molecules per breath making the person suffocated at high altitudes.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Mountaineers carry oxygen cylinder while climbing high mountains to avoid suffocation. As we go higher and higher, at high altitudes, amount of oxygen present in the atmosphere is determined by atmospheric pressure. Though the concentration of oxygen is 21% and is constant throughout the air, the layer of air at heights above than 12000 feet becomes thinner and thinner. This decreases the number of oxygen molecules per breath making the person suffocated at high altitudes.

Yeah but the same science/phenomena/principles that has air pressure also informs us why gravity pulls things into spheres.

That's the problem with picking and choosing what piece of science you believe doesn't work. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

How are these even issues?

Who am I believing that it's cold in the Antarctic?

Is that your question?

Yes that was precisely my question.

28 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah but the same science/phenomena/principles that has air pressure also informs us why gravity pulls things into spheres.

That's the problem with picking and choosing what piece of science you believe doesn't work. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

And phart has articulated precisely & articulately why I asked it...you either accept scientific principles or you don't.  You've never been to Antarctica; indeed actually claim it doesn't exist in the form most people think it does, so you can't select a bit of Science to prove a particular point that you have no other evidence for, when your worldview is based upon a perspective that scientists by & large lie to us.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Which is why I asked how Scotty imagined that might be.

7 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Couldn't the lack of oxygen-producing trees at the ice wall be a possible explanation for the thinner air?  But then there is also no life there to consume the oxygen, so maybe not...

Yes. Wind on ballearth is primarily created by differential heating of the earths surface due to its curvature. The equater gets heated head on while above and below the sun hits obliquely and casts a longer shadow at noon. That creates a air pressure imbalance. Voila the Trade Winds. 

Now we know that is bullshit and these winds are a lie chances are the edges of the world get really stale and lack proper ventilation. 

20 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Which is why I asked how Scotty imagined that might be.

Good luck with that. When the answer can be ‘there is no gravity only falling’ or words to that effect I am betting you not going to achieve that eureka breakthrough conversion moment here.

By the way have you not being paying attention gravity is actually explained by the flat earth rising. So jump off a cliff and the earth flies up and smashes you to a pulp. No gravity required.