There is no dark side of the moon - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

Surely the ice wall is longer circumference than 47,000 km. The Great Wall of China is 21,000 km and it is just one country within the flat earth. The earth,s globe circumference is about 40,000 km but of course you see only one side of the globe but in the flat earth the ice wall encompasses both ‘sides, all countries. I reckon it must be closer to 80,000 km in circumference. 

1af597f09f222f793bccd17a020188b0--flat-e

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I will reap? Oh goody! When?

How, where, and whenever God decides (but definitely at death unless you repent).

Post your details so that we can monitor your ...erm... progress.

(My name is Scott Paterson, 57, Toronto.)

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

OK, at last we're getting somewhere.

How do you know they were rapists or murderers?

Read it again.

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Do they have biographies?

We have some information.

For example, Matthew was a tax collector... 

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-tax-collectors.html

Before he met Jesus, Matthew was greedy. He thought money was the most important thing in life and violated God's laws to enrich himself at the expense of his countrymen.

36 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Oh, I'm taking it lightly alright, and I will continue to do so.

As stated... You have freewill.

(Just know that God loves you and that you can be forgiven for anything.)

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

They didnt have mobile phones in 1944 either but managed to develop a ballistic missile that could hit a determined target with fairly good precision for it's time

(They aimed one at the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen from 40 miles away and it missed it by about 400 metres)

The moon is supposedly 6,000 times that distance, though.

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

Think how easy it would be prove the existence of god just be proving the existence of the dome. All it would take is some determined truther to scale the ice wall and journey to the edge with a team of huskies and some decent polar equipment.

And no one would catch on that a big mouth Christian Truther was asking around for transport to Antarctica, some decent polar equipment, and a team of huskies?

Post results in YouTube and the whole world realizes the con job realizes their mistake and believes in God. But what suddenly no one has the money or can be bothered to do this? Eh?

It's not like I could do it on my lunch hour.

I genuinely couldn't afford it, and I'd be an inexperienced fish out of water who would perish in that environment.

Naw given the choice to either go or fake it even in the late sixties faking it has to be easier.

Obviously.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Brought it back or maybe it never left in the first place? 

Again... Why doesn't the most simple explanation register?

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Scotty once posted something along the lines of 'Google maps are dangerous, it will allow people to know when youre in or out', like it was a live action feed.

I don't recall that.

(i don't suppose you'd have a link.)

14 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

How, where, and whenever God decides (but definitely at death unless you repent).

Post your details so that we can monitor your ...erm... progress.

Mmm... so, you can be a child molester, rapist, serial killer and be a bad tipper, but as long as you repent then you'll be forgiven?

No thank you.

17 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

As stated... You have freewill.

(Just know that God loves you and that you can be forgiven for anything.)

Not only do I have freewill, I also have a brain that can decide what's logical and what's not.

(The only person who matters is yourself, if you love you then that's enough. And trust me, I love myself!)

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Mmm... so, you can be a child molester, rapist, serial killer and be a bad tipper, but as long as you repent then you'll be forgiven?

Correct.

We are all sinners who need a Saviour.

Only perfect people go to heaven, and since none of us are perfect, heaven can only be attained through forgiveness of sins.

"The heart is deceitful above all things,
    and desperately sick;
    who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

No thank you.

It's a free gift.

This life will be over before you know it.

(What control do you think you have over what happens to you after you die?)

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Not only do I have freewill, I also have a brain that can decide what's logical and what's not.

Isaiah 55:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

(The only person who matters is yourself, if you love you then that's enough. And trust me, I love myself!)

You are your own god?

(That's not going to end well.)

35 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

We are all sinners who need a Saviour.

No I really don't.

This life will be over before you know it.

Is that a threat?

You are your own god?

(That's not going to end well.)

Yes I am.

Mate, seriously, you're barking up the wrong tree with me. I'm agnostic and I will never subscribe to your beliefs. Ever.

You believe in something that some strangers wrote in a book thousands of years ago and when life was simpler and people were more gullible and easily suggestible. Me? I believe what I see. I believe that we're all living this random life living on this random planet, there is no grand plan, there is nothing but today. 

You keep asking people to think outside the box and question what is being told, yeah, well, take your own advice.

Also, the Bible was written as a way of controlling people, manipulating them and keeping them in check.

Along the way it's been hijacked by business people and greedy individuals who want to exploit the beliefs of people by lining their pockets.

How much billion pounds do all organized religions make per annum? Or does it bleed into the trillions? That's money that could feed the hungry, clothe and house the homeless and end poverty. But no, it just means that Pastors and whatnot can keep their other halves in new BMWs and fur coats and mansions.

Edited by Chripper

An example of people being duped: Televangelist Jesse Duplantis said God promised him a Falcon 7X

This, my dear Scotty, is the people on your side of the fence.

My personal favourite quote is this one: “I've owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord,”

Yeah, I think I'm happy living each day as it comes and enjoying each and every one of them. I have no need to con anyone. 

Edited by Chripper

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

No I really don't.

You just don't want to know you do.

Is that a threat?

Just saying that our time here on earth will be a snap of the fingers compared to eternity in heaven.

Yes I am.

Mate, seriously, you're barking up the wrong tree with me.

I'm just responding to you following me around.

I'm agnostic...

Then why say...

...and I will never subscribe to your beliefs. Ever.

Unless you don't know what an agnostic is.

You believe in something that some strangers wrote in a book God authored thousands of years ago...

...and when life was simpler and people were more gullible and easily suggestible.

I don't really think that that's changed. ;)

Me? I believe what I see. 

You believe in the flat motionless earth?

I believe that we're all living this random life living on this random planet, there is no grand plan, there is nothing but today. 

So how did the literally billions of pieces of information for the language of DNA come to be 'randomly'?

You keep asking people to think outside the box and question what is being told, yeah, well, take your own advice.

I am. 

It's you that's going along with herd. Not me.

Also, the Bible was written as a way of controlling people, manipulating them and keeping them in check.

Well, it's not working.

(Turn on the News.)

Along the way it's been hijacked...

So it was alright 'in the beginning'?

That's money that could feed the hungry, clothe and house the homeless and end poverty.

We contribute to those things through my church.

An example of people being duped: Televangelist Jesse Duplantis said God promised him a Falcon 7X

This, my dear Scotty, is the people on your side of the fence.

Hardly.

The Bible warns us of the wolves.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

27 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Just saying that our time here on earth will be a snap of the fingers compared to eternity in heaven.

Hypothesis.

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

So it was alright 'in the beginning'?

Well, it was a way of making people behave themselves.... in a roundabout kind of a way.

10 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

We contribute to those things through my church.

Yes, I'm talking about all of the churches. We're talking billions/trillions.

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Hardly.

The Bible warns us of the wolves.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

And yet this guy is getting away with it.

You can make up any excuses you want because at the end of the day you'll just condone people like that by spouting this, that or the other. Oh, that's right, people will that will "pay for it when they go to heaven", right? 1) Why do people like that go to heaven and 2) Heaven is theoretical..

It's the people in the literal living place that are suffering.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

1af597f09f222f793bccd17a020188b0--flat-e

Can you try to answer my question on the other (lunar eclipse) thread? 

if you are in a ship just offshore to the north of the most northerly part of Antarctica, sailing on a course due east, where will you end up? 

57 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

That's a spoof website. 

Unless you think the following  story is true

MAN WHO HAD WOMAN’S BRAIN TRANSPLANTED HAS FIVE CAR CRASHES IN TWO WEEKS

Edited by beardy

World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.

18 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Just asking if it would have been possible for an unmanned rocket to take off and land in the ocean; for everyone working (in compartmentalisation) to be viewing a simulation; for the moon scenes to be filmed on earth; and for the capsule to be dropped out of a plane.

we-got-here-with-a-computer-less-powerfu

(I haven't read everything yet.)

It's not really an issue.

Folk don't have the money to launch their own rockets or travel to Antarctica.

The thin air and the freezing cold put up their own defences.

After that, there's radar and the coast guards of the nations involved in the treaty.

Why is the air thin at the ice wall?

One wonders why the Chinese took so long to fake this.  Why countries for so long didn't go back to (faking) lunar travel? Why hasn't North Korea or Iran made a wee (fake) trip to the moon by now? They don't have the right CGI? Surely the USA should have had a (fake) manned mission to Mars by now?

Edited by exile

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The moon is supposedly 6,000 times that distance, though.

The V2 operational range in 1944 when rocket technology was in it's infancy was 200 miles travelling at 3580 mph - Mach 4.5

17 years later Yuri Gargarin undertook the first manned spaceflight in Vostok 1 which travelled at 17,500 mph -Mach 22

(A normal firework rocket that you can buy out a shop has similar velocity to that of a jet fighter)

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The V2 operational range in 1944 when rocket technology was in it's infancy was 200 miles travelling at 3580 mph - Mach 4.5

17 years later Yuri Gargarin undertook the first manned spaceflight in Vostok 1 which travelled at 17,500 mph -Mach 22

(A normal firework rocket that you can buy out a shop has similar velocity to that of a jet fighter)

Exactly if you can achieve escape velocity the distance you can travel is infinite.  Voyager 1 is now 12 billion miles from Earth.

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

Hypothesis.

You'll be physically dead infinitely longer than you will be physically alive.

Well, it was a way of making people behave themselves.... in a roundabout kind of a way.

It's a loving letter from God to His children.

Yes, I'm talking about all of the churches. We're talking billions/trillions.

Unfortunately though, not all churches faithfully preach the Word, and some are downright apostate (which is a slight on man, and not God).

And yet this guy is getting away with it.

It only appears that way.

You can make up any excuses you want...

I have explained, but I haven't offered any excuses.

...because at the end of the day you'll just condone people like that by spouting this, that or the other.

Nope.

I condemn their actions.

Unless they repent they'll be closer to the main burners than you.

Oh, that's right, people will that will "pay for it when they go to heaven", right?

They definitely won't be going to heaven.

1) Why do people like that go to heaven and 2) Heaven is theoretical..

1. They absolutely don't.

2. Heaven is real.

It's the people in the literal living place that are suffering.

Yes, but no 'flesh' on earth has or will suffer more than Jesus.

6 hours ago, beardy said:

That's a spoof website. 

Clearly.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:10 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Just asking if it would have been possible for an unmanned rocket to take off and land in the ocean; for everyone working (in compartmentalisation) to be viewing a simulation; for the moon scenes to be filmed on earth; and for the capsule to be dropped out of a plane.

we-got-here-with-a-computer-less-powerfu

(I haven't read everything yet.)

It's not really an issue.

Folk don't have the money to launch their own rockets or travel to Antarctica.

The thin air and the freezing cold put up their own defences.

After that, there's radar and the coast guards of the nations involved in the treaty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Why is the air thin at the ice wall?

I didn't say it was.

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

As fake-ability goes it's probably not that difficult but you've got to look at it as part of the full package. 

That's my MO as well.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Exactly if you can achieve escape velocity the distance you can travel is infinite.  Voyager 1 is now 12 billion miles from Earth.

Surely it wouldn't matter what velocity you achieved. Would the faster you go not just mean you crash into the impermeable highly polished metal dome faster.