Scotland team colours in other sports - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland team colours in other sports

Just spotted the Scottish GAA top and its a fucking belter. The colours are the magnificent navy blue/purple combo that I wish more Scottish national teams would use..

DREYM7YXUAApHa5.jpg

I thought the Shinty team had a belter last time I seen it (was similar to the GAA colours), but the most recent one looked IMO, a rather uninspiring royal blue.

Kirsty%20Evan%20Steven%20Garry%202.jpg?q

No No No

This is why we have ended up with numerous horror shows over the years

No purple

No pink

No yellow

Stick to this format and change it very little

Scotland-78-Road-Team-WC-Holland.jpg

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No No No

No purple

No pink

No yellow

Maybe this should be for the unpopular opinions thread but I'm not sure why everyone is so set on this "traditional" colour scheme given that it's the colours of the Union flag.   

If anything, we should have a kit that's more like the Italian one if we're to base it on the national flag, Ironic since the Italian kit isn't based on theirs   

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Maybe this should be for the unpopular opinions thread but I'm not sure why everyone is so set on this "traditional" colour scheme given that it's the colours of the Union flag.   

It isnt - unless you ignore the different shades of blue

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No No No

No purple

No pink

No yellow

🙄 Welcome to the 21st century granpa. Trust me, if you take your braces off yer troosers wont actually fall down. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂, I meant the whole top, not the wee bowl next to the thistle. 

It’s Christmas! 😂

ill be back in that shape for the start of the season (the fitted shirt, not the ball).

(that’s actually not true. Most folk lose weight for the summer, I take a break from football to play bowls, which involves a lot of pies, rolls and sausage and pints 😂)

Most of the clubs play in these kind of shirts and admittedly you do see some sites! My favourite look is the guys who look slim from the back, but have a massive beer gut.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s Christmas! 😂

(that’s actually not true. Most folk lose weight for the summer, I take a break from football to play bowls, which involves a lot of pies, rolls and sausage and pints 😂

Not forgetting the monster munch crisps!!

Times must have moved on in bowls since my dad played. What happened to the grey slacks and white shirts ? @Ally Bongo must be pure ragin . 

I realise weemin like flowery petal colours and if the weemin want those kind of national colours then fine

It's fairly straightforward

Beautiful

3008871.main_image.jpg

Ugly

image.jpg

11086-zoom.jpg

5 hours ago, aaid said:

If anything, we should have a kit that's more like the Italian one if we're to base it on the national flag, Ironic since the Italian kit isn't based on theirs   

Argued for that on here many years ago, always liked the Italian Azure blue shirts. Navy is so dull. The azure (and cobalt) are a wee bit more electric looking.

the-color-thesaurus-graphic-color-studie

29 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I realise weemin like flowery petal colours and if the weemin want those kind of national colours then fine

It's fairly straightforward

Beautiful

3008871.main_image.jpg

Ugly

image.jpg

11086-zoom.jpg

I more of a weeman than a weemin, and you are no being fair , King Kenny would look good in any strip.

Those other strips are hellish right enough,  but its as much to do with the design as the colours. Patterns should be simple and discreet. 

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It isnt - unless you ignore the different shades of blue

Well I'd say that the Navy Blue used for the Scotland home kit is closer in shade to the one in the Union Flag (Pantone 280) as opposed to the Saltire (Pantone 300).

Even more so when you look back a historic flags - which would have been in usage in the 19th century when the colours were decided upon - and the shade of blue was even closer to the Scotland kit.

It's secret that the SFA has always been an arch-unionist organisation at its core and the Scotland strip is just a manifestation of that. 

16 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Thought the original navy blue was per queens park back in the day ; and nothing to do with any flag

historical football kits site i recall

True.

The red socks seem to become established in the 50's though, giving the union look.

18 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

True.

The red socks seem to become established in the 50's though, giving the union look.

I thought it was because of the colour of the Lion

1200px-Royal_Banner_of_Scotland.svg.png