Happy New Year.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy New Year..

No more champagne
And the fireworks are through
Here we are, me and you
Feeling lost and feeling blue
It's the end of the party
And the morning seems so grey
So unlike yesterday
Now's the time for us to say...

Happy new year
Happy new year
May we all have a vision now and then
Of a world where every neighbour is a friend
Happy new year
Happy new year
May we all have our hopes, our will to try
If we don't we might as well lay down and die
You and I

Don't know if I'm just looking back with nostalgia but I remember the new year show being a lot more traditionally Scottish than the burd from Misteeq singing Aretha Franklin and pishy Jazz Music playing instead of the pipes when the clock hit 12.

Either way, this is the first Hogmanay that my son has stayed up with us so still an enjoyable night. Happy new year 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

37 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Don't know if I'm just looking back with nostalgia but I remember the new year show being a lot more traditionally Scottish than the burd from Misteeq singing Aretha Franklin and pishy Jazz Music playing instead of the pipes when the clock hit 12.

Either way, this is the first Hogmanay that my son has stayed up with us so still an enjoyable night. Happy new year 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Great memory pal. 

We avoided all the cringe tv and played our own music. 

Scottisg tunes at the bells listening to the horns from the harbour, seeing fireworks all over the city, bairn was in awe of it all and possibly a breakthrough moment with my step daughter. FOS was one of the songs that was played at her dads funeral and she always cries to it, which is understandable, but tonight, she cried in my arms and told me that although we right all the time (she’s 14) That was worth more than anything I’ve ever had. 

PS @Big Ramy 1314 yer still a dick, but let’s bygones be bygones 😂😂

Happy New Year ya big Canadian bastard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Great memory pal. 

We avoided all the cringe tv and played our own music. 

Scottisg tunes at the bells listening to the horns from the harbour, seeing fireworks all over the city, bairn was in awe of it all and possibly a breakthrough moment with my step daughter. FOS was one of the songs that was played at her dads funeral and she always cries to it, which is understandable, but tonight, she cried in my arms and told me that although we right all the time (she’s 14) That was worth more than anything I’ve ever had. 

PS @Big Ramy 1314 yer still a dick, but let’s bygones be bygones 😂😂

Happy New Year ya big Canadian bastard 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

No bother big man. Happy New Year mate..