Unpopular Opinions - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

15 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Roll With It and Wonderwall are fucking awful songsย 

At 3am last Saturday night I woke whenย Wonderwallย came blasting through the speakers in my kitchen.ย ย Then Happy Together by The Turtles came on. I was too scared to get out my bed so sent my husband , he was sleeping right through it.

He couldnt find where theย music was ย coming from so justย turned the speakers down. He turned them up againย in the morning and theย music had stopped . Weird.ย 

13 minutes ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Sorts like heterosexual males am assuming?im just wondering where you come from on this=is it the mindset of the new nationalist inclusivity/diversity utopia

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

or do you genuinely enjoy it up the arse ?

Would a lovely individual you are.

As it happens I'm straight but I think that two men or two women together is beautiful and natural. Does that upset you ?

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Had England entered the 1930, 1934 and 1938 World Cups, they would probably have won at least one ofย them.

I think youโ€™re probably right but as an aside to this, Iโ€™ve just finished reading a book called โ€œErbstein: The triumph and tragedy of football's forgotten pioneerโ€. He was the brains behind Il Grande Torino, a Hungarian Jew working in Fascist Italy, going on toย surviveย the Budapest Holocaust before returning to Turin only to die inย the Superga disaster.ย 

His coaching style was heavily influenced by English coaches (Chapman primarily, but he died alongside Leslie Lievesley, another English coach).

Theย Italy team of the 30s rose to the prominence it did in no small part thanks to him. Likewise the Hungarian team that put paid to the English myth of invisibility.ย I think England would have got their bloody nose a lot sooner if theyโ€™d got more involved.ย 

23 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aye that English team were fucking impossible to mark at corners and free kicks.

It's a little known fact that theย footballing phrase 'ghosting into the box' was coined in the 1930s due to 'invisible' English players.

ย 

(No,ย  like yourself i've got no idea what Huddersfield is talking about eitherย :lol:).

ย 

Edit: Ahhh, an 'invincibility' autocorrect. Ok, carry on...ย :ph34r:

Edited by Dave78

20 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

It's a little known fact that theย footballing phrase 'ghosting into the box' was coined in the 1930s due to 'invisible' English players.

ย 

(No,ย  like yourself i've got no idea what Huddersfield is talking about eitherย :lol:).

ย 

Edit: Ahhh, an 'invincibility' autocorrect. Ok, carry on...ย :ph34r:

Youโ€™ve gotta love autocorrect. It reminds me of a guy who has writtenย cartoon match reports on Town matches for years. He claimed that we had a secret, invisible midfield player, Transparent Taff, who we would always pass to thus explaining our apparently crap midfield play.ย 

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Had England entered the 1930, 1934 and 1938 World Cups, they would probably have won at least one ofย them.

Only if we didn't beat them.ย ย  My back-of-a-fag-packet scribble has Scotland as won 5, drawn 1 lost 4 vs England in the 30's.ย ย  (Excluding the unnoficial '35 jubilee games, or some such pish, which we won 5-2 on agg.ย  Hurrah!)

Edited by Grim Jim

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

At 3am last Saturday night I woke whenย Wonderwallย came blasting through the speakers in my kitchen.ย ย Then Happy Together by The Turtles came on. I was too scared to get out my bed so sent my husband , he was sleeping right through it.

He couldnt find where theย music was ย coming from so justย turned the speakers down. He turned them up againย in the morning and theย music had stopped . Weird.ย 

Bluetooth speakers? Itโ€™ll be the neighbours, happens to me all the time when some god awful trance music comes through from the guy downstairs.ย 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

ย 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Bluetooth speakers? Itโ€™ll be the neighbours, happens to me all the time when some god awful trance music comes through from the guy downstairs.ย 

Two separate memories came back to me here.ย ย  ITV's horse racing used to get picked up on my electric bass guitar (gave it up 'cause I'm pish, btw).

And used to awaken on Saturday mornings in our mid-terraced house with Big Country (1st album) from the lad next door.ย ย  Quite enjoyed that (and now feels strangely idyllic) compared to the more recent shite that got played by the drongos late at night when we moved "up" to a semi.

OK 2 good and one bad.

OK maybe 3-1 as I'd get up early and crank up some Black Sabbath at breakfastย for them ๐Ÿคฌ

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

ย 

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

ย 

Two separate memories came back to me here.ย ย  ITV's horse racing used to get picked up on my electric bass guitar (gave it up 'cause I'm pish, btw).

And used to awaken on Saturday mornings in our mid-terraced house with Big Country (1st album) from the lad next door.ย ย  Quite enjoyed that (and now feels strangely idyllic) compared to the more recent shite that got played by the drongos late at night when we moved "up" to a semi.

OK 2 good and one bad.

OK maybe 3-1 as I'd get up early and crank up some Black Sabbath at breakfastย for them ๐Ÿคฌ

It is sonos speakers, I only use them withย ย spotify though they also linked to theย TV, I dont know any of the technical stuff. ย We thought maybe it was spotify kicking in but I dont have Wonderwall on my Spotify playlist ย andย when I checked spotifyย it was sitting on a Pulp song butย that wasnt playing at the time, ย it was The Turtles.ย I am in a detached house and my neighbours are an ย OAP sheltered housing complex so I am not entirely sure they were playing Wonderwall.

It was bloody scary, it was absolutely blasting out.ย 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

ย 

It is sonos speakers, I only use them withย ย spotify though they also linked to theย TV, I dont know any of the technical stuff. ย We thought maybe it was spotify kicking in but I dont have Wonderwall on my Spotify playlist ย andย when I checked spotifyย it was sitting on a Pulp song butย that wasnt playing at the time, ย it was The Turtles.ย I am in a detached house and my neighbours are an ย OAP sheltered housing complex so I am not entirely sure they were playing Wonderwall.

It was bloody scary, it was absolutely blasting out.ย 

You sure you werenโ€™t drunk? Normally atย 3am on a Saturday youโ€™re dancing around the kitchen with Mr TDYER shaking his head disapprovingly.ย ย 

12 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Youโ€™ve gotta love autocorrect. It reminds me of a guy who has writtenย cartoon match reports on Town matches for years. He claimed that we had a secret, invisible midfield player, Transparent Taff, who we would always pass to thus explaining our apparently crap midfield play.ย 

:lol:

That's brilliant. I think Scotland have got 3 of them.:lol:

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

You sure you werenโ€™t drunk? Normally atย 3am on a Saturday youโ€™re dancing around the kitchen with Mr TDYER shaking his head disapprovingly.ย ย 

Indeed I was not. How dare you spoil my wholesome image.ย 

Israel Folau should be allowed to continue playing rugbyย 

Banned On 10 April 2019, in another Instagram post, Folau posted a screenshot of a meme which listed various groups, including โ€œhomosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thievesโ€, bearing the words, โ€œWARNING: HELL AWAITS YOU. REPENT. ONLY JESUS SAVESโ€.

19 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Israel Folau should be allowed to continue playing rugbyย 

Banned On 10 April 2019, in another Instagram post, Folau posted a screenshot of a meme which listed various groups, including โ€œhomosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thievesโ€, bearing the words, โ€œWARNING: HELL AWAITS YOU. REPENT. ONLY JESUS SAVESโ€.

Eh?