Unpopular Opinions - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

• 2 weeks later...

Quality is where it's at.   My local butcher has gone downhill in that they have up'd their rusk content or whatever, such that the fat no longer runs out of their square sausage.   Fat runnin' oot means you're not eating it!!!   Rusk holds it in so your lunch and you are fecked.   Plus it's like eating rubber.

Same happened years ago to Scotch pies.   (When I were a lad) I used to cook Lightbody's (of ~Hamilton) tasty pies upside down so that the fat ran out the wee hole in the middle 😄

My theory is that when fat became fashionably unhealthy, the sight of it in liquid form made everyone stop buying the above favourites, and were fooled into buying the non-runny products, not realising that they were just holding the fat in.   Plus suppliers can now kill you at lower cost.

OK, should maybe have started another thread for that rant :blush:

...in summary:   Square/slice is best, but needs to be decent.   ...though they all give me heartburn now   ...but so does tomato soup   ...or water.