Unpopular Opinions - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

School vouchers should be used to give parents and children more optiond in what school they want and encouraging schools to offer different choices instead of one size fits all teaching. Hopefully it would break down the postcode lottery where the best schools are in the more affluent areas emphasising academia and uni acceptance.

(The SNP fund pre-school 3 to 5 year education with vouchers method, some would say a form of privatisation it, so why not roll out to other areas?)

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking hate the word "jock". 

It's a patronising term that stinks of kilted cannon fodder on parade before the inbred royals and fawning ghillies serving whisky to posh wankers on the grouse moor.

Don't call yourself a "jock", have some pride and move on from it :ok:

Fully grown adults taking massive soft toys and inflatables etc to follow Scotland away, then treating them as if they are actually a person is utterly horrendous ‘patter’ and frankly creepy as fuck.

They usually refer to their away trip as ‘TA manoeuvres’

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Fully grown adults taking massive soft toys and inflatables etc to follow Scotland away, then treating them as if they are actually a person is utterly horrendous ‘patter’ and frankly creepy as fuck.

They usually refer to their away trip as ‘TA manoeuvres’

😂

You seem to know a lot about them. Are you the ‘TA manoeuvres’ undercover polis ?  

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

You seem to know a lot about them. Are you the ‘TA manoeuvres’ undercover polis ?  

I was once stood behind a 4 foot long cuddly toy crocodile with a Scotland scarf some roaster was checking in at the airport. The guy looked to be early 50’s. Creepy 😳.  

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I was once stood behind a 4 foot long cuddly toy crocodile with a Scotland scarf some roaster was checking in at the airport. The guy looked to be early 50’s. Creepy 😳.  

😂 was he checking in as luggage or had he bought it a seat ?

I would have shit myself if I had been standing at the flap on the carousel and a fookin crocodile appeared. 

There was a bloke wearing a horses head in Macedonia. It was  about 35 degrees over there as well. And a guy had a full size gorilla sunbathing with him on the beach in Alicante. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I would have shit myself if I had been standing at the flap on the carousel and a fookin crocodile appeared. 

There was a bloke wearing a horses head in Macedonia. It was  about 35 degrees over there as well. And a guy had a full size gorilla sunbathing with him on the beach in Alicante. 

Are you sure it was a gorilla? Seen a guy dressed as chewbacca a few times 

16 hours ago, dan cake said:

Are you sure it was a gorilla? Seen a guy dressed as chewbacca a few times 

🙂 no it was a large soft toy . 2 guys were  holding it up by an arm each , they dragged  it along the sand then lay down and sunbathed with it.

Though I suppose it could in-fact have been a pissed chewbacca 🤔

23 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

We were sitting beside the monkey in the stadium apparently it had it's own ssc membership 🙈🙉🙊

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

The monkey's name I believe is Spank and I think he posts on the TAMB.

(Well the first bit is true.)

I’ve met “him” a couple of times and know the story, not just attention seeking like the inflatables and cuddly toy mob 

Edited by dan cake

11 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

The monkey's name I believe is Spank and I think he posts on the TAMB.

(Well the first bit is true.)

Hmmm , you seem to know a lot about this Jim. Who are you, the monkey’s uncle ? 😏

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

I’ve met “him” a couple of times and know the story, not just attention seeking like the inflatables and cuddly toy mob 

So, Dan, what was it that first attracted you to the monkey ? 

Dont think you can disguise yourself under a new avatar 😁 

56 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Hmmm , you seem to know a lot about this Jim. Who are you, the monkey’s uncle ? 😏

So, Dan, what was it that first attracted you to the monkey ? 

Dont think you can disguise yourself under a new avatar 😁 

I was introduced to Spank the monkey in Skopje.

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Club jerseys should only have a star on them if the club has won the European Cup/Champion's League or Copa Libertadores etc.

The most unpopular opinion yet...

Those were the days my friend,
We thought they'd never end,
We won the league three times in a row.

(& I've got the 3 stars tattooed on my arm) 😎

Huddersfield-Town-Logo.png

47 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

If I hear a repeated creaking on the stairs and the landing and a scratching at the walls tonight, I'll know that Herbert Chapman has come back to have it out with me !

9 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Time for an eye test I think,  at first glance I thought there was 2 Smurfs on that badge.