Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

18 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Now the family are demanding we bring her "home"  I would also assume they will demand we house and feed them both also, with the occasional celebrity appearance on tv for her story.

She is British. Syria shouldn’t have to deal with her extremist views. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

True but the law should be separate from religions

Had to think a bit before I think I understood that. I suppose you're meaning that the 'law of the land' supercedes any religious 'laws'. Yeah, but i think you'll find that many religions disagree fundamentally with the 'law of the land' however they'll continue to exist and promote their bonkers viewpoints in the hope of changing the 'law of the land'. I think France has seperation of religion and state, i'm thinking the US don't as that's  gods country.

As I pointed out before  'the right to be free to practise a religion of your choice' basically is a fundamental human right according to some charter or other. Personally I don't think spreading perverted, antiquated, mysogynistic.....etc drivel should be protected.

Edited by Eisegerwind

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

"Doesnt seem all that brainwashed to me and zero regrets by the sounds

She is only wanting back because the Caliphate wasnt what she expected - not that she doesnt believe in it"

I didn't quote your post cos I didn't want to  add to her exposure so I posted it in italics like we used to do with Sinn Fein when they were on the telly. My point was that Mr Dawkins was only really playing to the gallery there was no insight into what he was saying.

I think by defintion, if you are 'brainwashed', you will have no regrets about what you have experienced. you will stay faithfull to your beliefs.  I think if you do not have some fixed religious/ spirtual belief, your experiences will define you beliefs, end of. Can I be one of the great thinkers of our time?

Man reading this had me howling with laughter.

11 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Had to think a bit before I think I understood that. I suppose you're meaning that the 'law of the land' supercedes any religious 'laws'. Yeah, but i think you'll find that many religions disagree fundamentally with the 'law of the land' however they'll continue to exist and promote their bonkers viewpoints in the hope of changing the 'law of the land'. I think France has seperation of religion and state, i'm thinking the US don't as that's  gods country.

As I pointed out before  'the right to be free to practise a religion of your choice' basically is a fundamental human right according to some charter or other. Personally I don't think spreading perverted, antiquated, mysogynistic.....etc drivel should be protected.

Think most would agree with that. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

She is like that religious idiot who went to that island and died and you laughed about it. Ha ha. 

Maybe if she gets back you could invite her round to yours for some raw lung and burning some animals alive in cages in your back garden while you pick apples and talk a heap of shite.

I now know you mean the guy who wanted to convert the tribe to Christianity but at first I thought you were on about this fella

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/28/ozzy-bradley-drowns-bessbrook-pond-armagh-irish-flags

5 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

All of it or something in particular. I'm guessing I've taken you back to the dubbed Sinn Fein stuff and thats what's  invoking your laughter. Anyway undubbed Mrs Buntfield,

The bit i bolded and put in italics.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

The bit i bolded and put in italics.

Yeah, I read it and thought that was what you meant. It's in italics so it doesn't count, like when Sinn Fein was dubbed so it didn't count. The written version of the verbal tactic employed at the time.

I guess since you didn't comment, you're OK with the great thinker of our time bit, phew!

I wish they’d stop referring to her as a schoolgirl. She’s 19 fur fuck sake

Thats like opening up the paper on the 13th of September and read the following

“Schoolboy James McFadden sent Scotland to the top of their Euro Quslifying group with a sensational strike which sent schockwaves through Europe”

The fact they keep referring to her being a schoolgirl is just to try and garner sympathy 

It's pretty obvious that prior to going to Syria she was groomed, she was clearly vulnerable and was exploited and I imagine that would have continued when she got to Syria, as evidenced by the fact she was married three weeks after arriving. We've also got to factor in that she has had to deal with two of her children dying, therefore she's dealing with loss and with her current predicament, her mental health cannot be good..

As a  British national the Government has a duty to bring her back imo and if it is determined that she has in any way committed a crime then she should be punished accordingly. It also presents the relevant authorities with a good opportunity to try and understand why she did this and most importantly, how she did it. That kind of information is invaluable in trying to prevent young people being radicalised as even though the Islamic States territory has disappeared, there are still plenty of them dispersed throughout Syria and Iraq and the grooming of young people is going to continue.

7 hours ago, phart said:

Got to love how everyone is shouting at her for going over and marrying an ISIS fighter, when our own government along with Israel, Saudi's,Qatar and US were all giving upwards of a $1 billion to ISIS/moderate rebels etc

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/middleeast/cia-syria-rebel-arm-train-trump.html

Two wrongs don't make a right.

9 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Still Game is shit. 

I have just recently finished it again, fancied something easy to watch after numerous Netflix and Amazon programmes that require concentration and whilst I don't agree it's shit, it's certainly not as amazing as it's made out to be.

It's comforting, you can relate to the characters in some way and there's the obvious novelty that's set in and around Glasgow, but there are only a handful of genuinely funny episodes. You can make plenty of people laugh with pensioners saying pish and bollocks and although it's not exactly lowest common denominator stuff, it's not a million miles from it. 

I haven't seen any of the new series mind you, although from what I've read that's not such a bad thing.

I was just looking at Twitter and I saw a tweet on my timeline from an account called @shamimauk.   It's an obvious parody account and from its content it's been set up to show her in a bad light.   Nothing particularly unusual about that, it happens all the time on Twitter.

However, what is unusual it that it was a promoted tweet, ie. someone had paid Twitter to put it on my - and presumably others - timelines.  Makes me wonder who's behind this and why they're prepared to spend money on it.   I'd also wonder whether its in Twitter's terms to promote tweets for parody accounts.

I just went to try and report it - and got an unknown error - and the account is no longer visible, which makes me think Twitter's deleted it - presumably due to other complaints.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, kumnio said:

Ive heard a lot of absolute nonsense about her from both sides, she is either a terrorist who is an imminent danger to the UK, or a poor child victim who has been trafficked.

Having heard her BBC interview, I think she comes across as someone who is borderline retarded, she clearly isnt fully there. She comes across as a gullible stupid twat IMO.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Ally Bongo said:

She’s OK with severed heads – they were “enemies of Islam.” In same breath, she wants UK to accept her. Legally she has a case. Morally she should go to an Islamic Republic. But maybe doesn’t want to be arrested for driving, singing, dancing, talking to an unrelated male, etc.

Agree mostly with what Dawkins say's most of the time & he's bang on with this one - disagreed with him on Scottish Independence though.

indeed and the 500,000 children under the age of 5 who died cause of sanctions. on Iraq had nothing to do with Saddam.

Or collectively punishing the Gazans etc.

Serious lack of objectivity coming out of people's mouths.

or when you shoot up weddings etc.