Unpopular Opinions - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Shamima Begum should be rescued from the Syria as a matter of urgency.

she should brought back to the UK and welcomed with open arms and should be given free council housing and there should be no expense spared when it comes to rehabilitation which should include a college placement while re-integrating her into society  👍🏻

I've posted this word for word on an Mixed Martial Arts forum which is full of Trump supporters and they're going mental about this.

I'll let you know how unpopular an opinion it is.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I've posted this word for word on an Mixed Martial Arts forum which is full of Trump supporters and they're going mental about this.

I'll let you know how unpopular an opinion it is.

No doubt they're very keen to deport loads of foreign criminals at the same time.

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

Eh?

I can't think of anyone who would argue against deporting foreign criminals (after they have served their term of course). 

Bizarre.

Depends what you mean by foreign criminal. Someone who moved here as a kid and got done for not having a TV licence?

7 hours ago, exile said:

Depends what you mean by foreign criminal. Someone who moved here as a kid and got done for not having a TV licence?

It's a comment on the hypocrisy of people who don't want British people who've gone abroad and done bad things to be able to return because they represent a danger to society and yet want to be able to deport foreign people who've done bad things here for exactly the same reason.   Views that were pretty widely expressed yesterday in various media outlets. 

Same mindset as ex-pat Brits who don't realise that freedom of movement applies to them as well.

FWIW, I have very little sympathy for her and the situation she finds herself in. 

We do have to take her back though. Sort of obliged too.

Look at the Sun today Headline

FORGET IT

Jihadi bride Shamima Begum’s family demand Government bring her home ‘where she belongs’ claiming ‘she’s pregnant and vulnerable’

Story

THE family of a jihadi bride has begged the Government to let the teen return home to the UK "where she belongs".

Also check the background of the journalist who is the source of all this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Loyd

Just finished uni then off his own steam went to bosnia during the war to take pictures then just fell into a job by chance.

Ive heard a lot of absolute nonsense about her from both sides, she is either a terrorist who is an imminent danger to the UK, or a poor child victim who has been trafficked.

She is a British citizen who went abroad, and signed up for something that most people would think is pretty unsavoury. When she returns, she should face relevant charges, and be dealt with accordingly.

She’s OK with severed heads – they were “enemies of Islam.” In same breath, she wants UK to accept her. Legally she has a case. Morally she should go to an Islamic Republic. But maybe doesn’t want to be arrested for driving, singing, dancing, talking to an unrelated male, etc.

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

She’s OK with severed heads – they were “enemies of Islam.” In same breath, she wants UK to accept her. Legally she has a case. Morally she should go to an Islamic Republic. But maybe doesn’t want to be arrested for driving, singing, dancing, talking to an unrelated male, etc.

I'm guessing that's a Twitter quote which as far as I understand has got a letter count limit. Regardless, if that's the standard of insight of one of our great intellectuals I really should start posting more stuff.

9 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I'm guessing that's a Twitter quote which as far as I understand has got a letter count limit. Regardless, if that's the standard of insight of one of our great intellectuals I really should start posting more stuff.

expand please or state what's wrong or not insightful with that opinion

Edited by Ally Bongo

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

expand please or state what's wrong or not insightful with that opinion

OK. For a start she was 15 ( legally a child in the uk i think) when she went off to Syria. She'd presumably been indoctrinated/brainwashed into the Muslim faith from birth  as all religions do. Her desire to be part of an Islamic paradise was no different to that of a Jewish, Hindu Christian, etc.......

As far as the severed heads bit goes, he's implying that she's Ok with that as a means to an end. The same way that the western world is happy  with  unbelievable grinding  poverty and exploitation for cheap t-shirts an mobile phones (and to be honest there is probably some severed heads and worse goes on for that stuff to happen as well).

So to sum it up, a pregnant brainwashed explioted child, doesn't figure in Mr Dawkins 'analysis'.

Oh, and she doesn't have a case to be a UK national, she is a UK national. (Probs not the right terms but you get the gist).

Edited by Eisegerwind

She is like that religious idiot who went to that island and died and you laughed about it. Ha ha. 

Maybe if she gets back you could invite her round to yours for some raw lung and burning some animals alive in cages in your back garden while you pick apples and talk a heap of shite.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

She is like that religious idiot who went to that island and died and you laughed about it. Ha ha. 

Maybe if she gets back you could invite her round to yours for some raw lung and burning some animals alive in cages in your back garden while you pick apples and talk a heap of shite.

Yeah, the island boy was funny. Prefer to keep religious loonies at arms length thanks, almost as far wierd stalky internet types. Winning.

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, the island boy was funny. Prefer to keep religious loonies at arms length thanks, almost as far wierd stalky internet types. Winning.

ohhh made a rod for your own back there. Scotty must find that funny.

The clock is now running... how long will it be before you cant help yourself.

Doesnt seem all that brainwashed to me and zero regrets by the sounds

She is only wanting back because the Caliphate wasnt what she expected - not that she doesnt believe in it

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

ohhh made a rod for your own back there. Scotty must find that funny.

The clock is now running... how long will it be before you cant help yourself.

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win                                                                                                                         Win

Win

"Doesnt seem all that brainwashed to me and zero regrets by the sounds

She is only wanting back because the Caliphate wasnt what she expected - not that she doesnt believe in it"

I didn't quote your post cos I didn't want to  add to her exposure so I posted it in italics like we used to do with Sinn Fein when they were on the telly. My point was that Mr Dawkins was only really playing to the gallery there was no insight into what he was saying.

I think by defintion, if you are 'brainwashed', you will have no regrets about what you have experienced. you will stay faithfull to your beliefs.  I think if you do not have some fixed religious/ spirtual belief, your experiences will define you beliefs, end of. Can I be one of the great thinkers of our time?

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

"Doesnt seem all that brainwashed to me and zero regrets by the sounds

She is only wanting back because the Caliphate wasnt what she expected - not that she doesnt believe in it"

I didn't quote your post cos I didn't want to  add to her exposure so I posted it in italics like we used to do with Sinn Fein when they were on the telly. My point was that Mr Dawkins was only really playing to the gallery there was no insight into what he was saying.

I think by defintion, if you are 'brainwashed', you will have no regrets about what you have experienced. you will stay faithfull to your beliefs.  I think if you do not have some fixed religious/ spirtual belief, your experiences will define you beliefs, end of. Can I be one of the great thinkers of our time?

Guess the issue is when your religious beliefs extend to actions that harm others. 

But shes British so what can you do?

14 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Lovely weather we're having for the time of year 

It is. Was only commenting on that the other day, we've beat winter again, and  not even had any proper bad weather. Mid Feb, another couple of weeks and it's spring, the flowers will start blooming the garden birds will be coupling and nesting, the days getting perceptibily longer, oh joy.

17 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Can I be one of the great thinkers of our time? 

Edited by Eisegerwind