Unpopular Opinions - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Alan said:

An independent Scotland would still have foodbanks (mirroring countries from Sweden to Ireland to Canada to Germany etc)

whats your thoughts on your tories excluding scotland from EU negotiations? no real need to answer, I assume your happy since the jocks should shut the fuck up and let london do the big boy stuff

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

We really don't need a forth tier in our league set-up.

The teams currently paying there should be distributed between the Highland and Lowland leagues.

I don’t necessarily think you’re wrong, but does it matter? “Professional” football only really covers 24 teams or slightly less. Most of the championship is FT and league 1 usually has 1 or 2 FT teams in it.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t necessarily think you’re wrong, but does it matter? “Professional” football only really covers 24 teams or slightly less. Most of the championship is FT and league 1 usually has 1 or 2 FT teams in it.

Yes.

The fecking UN should stop wasting time talking about world hunger and bloody well sort this oot ! 

38 minutes ago, Alan said:

Burns poems and Burns suppers are dreadful things.  (Only decent thing is haggis).

I had an English teacher (I mean a teacher of that subject) who seemed to resent Burns being in the syllabus.   Told us he was rotten, did Tam o' Shanter quickly, and that was it for my 5 years of secondary education.

Going slightly off... had another who tried to explain to us scruff, the difference between speaking correctly and speaking 'proper', reminding me of the time I threw Enid Blyton in the bin (goboilyered).   I knew what she meant, but she couldn't/wouldn't differentiate between Scots and slang.

Scots has been so eroded such that I hardly understand it unless recited well.