Harry Kane OBE - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Merry Christmas All,

Looking through news before family descend for the day, and see Harry Kane is getting an OBE for his performances in the  World Cup. Now other than breaking my heart a year past June in the 5 minutes of ecstasy and misery I think the bloke comes over ok. He’s sounds a bit thick  but is passionate about playing for his country. This OBE / honours list has become a joke. 6 goals, 3 penalties, 2 one yard headers and a defłection off his heel he knew nowt about. His other contributions were zilch. Rant over have a great day

The honours system is a bag of crap really. I’d rather see the doctor that treated me for the worst pain I’d ever experienced a few weeks back get one but betcha he never will. 

I’ve seen Kane play live a couple of times now as well as in telly & he’s good for sure, but England were lucky & mediocre in the WC & any true football fan knows it. 

39 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

All those that have been at Sandringham since 5am probably gave a loud cheer

Weirdos

3 wee lassies interviewed on the BBC this morning 7 year old twins and their big sister hud been up fae 3am to stand in the queue to see them. I'd be fuckin raging if that was how I had to spend christmas day. 

26 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Can’t stand the guy, no idea why, totally irrational but there you go.

There is something jimmy hill’esque about him. The chin probably...

I walked past JH on a golf course many moons ago and when you saw him you realized just how prominent his chin really was. 

Love child?

Edited by thplinth

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Huddersfield said:

The honours system is a bag of crap really. I’d rather see the doctor that treated me for the worst pain I’d ever experienced a few weeks back get one but betcha he never will. 

I’ve seen Kane play live a couple of times now as well as in telly & he’s good for sure, but England were lucky & mediocre in the WC & any true football fan knows it. 

I think you've been here for a wee bit too long.

Have you got tartan boxers yet? :P

I agree with you, though. I like Kane, I think he's a lovely guy and he's a great player, but does he deserve an OBE? No.

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

I think you've been here for a wee bit too long.

Have you got tartan boxers yet? :P

I agree with you, though. I like Kane, I think he's a lovely guy and he's a great player, but does he deserve an OBE? No.

More like I've just watched England far too long...I remember crying in 1973 when I was 8 or 9 & we lost to Poland & my dad telling me we'd have a chance of winning the World Cup next time around. I used to go & watch them when I lived in London, but I pretty much gave them up as a bad job by the late1980s. Trying to cope with hapless England & hopeless Huddersfield Town was too much for me :D

So no tartan boxers, but no St. George's Cross Y-fronts either.

41 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

More like I've just watched England far too long...I remember crying in 1973 when I was 8 or 9 & we lost to Poland & my dad telling me we'd have a chance of winning the World Cup next time around. I used to go & watch them when I lived in London, but I pretty much gave them up as a bad job by the late1980s. Trying to cope with hapless England & hopeless Huddersfield Town was too much for me :D

So no tartan boxers, but no St. George's Cross Y-fronts either.

:lol:

So, you've stepped up a level and chose to be here? (I'm guessing you only signed up when Dixon signed?) Get that noose all tight and ready. :P

The previous world cup was so strange, in all my life I don't recall a team receiving so much praise without actually beating anyone of note. To give England credit, though, they were organized, set pieces were impeccable and they played to their strengths. 

Commando then? Too much information. :P