The Flu - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This is a bad one.

Was out with my work last night and had to leave the pub and go home at 9pm after my temperature suddenly went through the roof.

I've been in bed shivering all day, still wearing my clothes from yesterday. Fingers xd I'm a bit more compos mentis tomorrow there's too much to get done for Xmas :( 

Man flu - absolutely lethal.

Garner every bit of support you can, get the whole family waiting on you hand & foot & make sure they understand that you'd be mucking in peeling spuds & stuffing whatever needs a stuffing if you weren't so close to death. 

Give it 48 hours by which time you should feel well enough to get slaughtered on Xmas Day.

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

This is a bad one.

Was out with my work last night and had to leave the pub and go home at 9pm after my temperature suddenly went through the roof.

I've been in bed shivering all day, still wearing my clothes from yesterday. Fingers xd I'm a bit more compos mentis tomorrow there's too much to get done for Xmas :( 

Did you by any chance lift a white hanky from the seat of the Paisley train ? 👀

Sounds like a bad hangover to me. I am sure Mrs Toepoke is delighted that you are stinking oot the bedroom and on the phone to your TAMB pals whilst she is running around like a headless turkey 🙄

Hope you feel better soon Toepoke. Rotten time of year to be hit with this. Try Sudafed. My daughters boyfriend was ‘man dying ‘ yesterday having been up all the previous evening ill , his temperature all over the place. By 6pm and 6 sudafed later he had his party clothes on and off to Byres Road. 

And if that doesn't work at least you will get out of peeling the tatties. 

3 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Man flu - absolutely lethal.

Totally agree, Man flu is deadly, wummin folk just don't understand how bad it can be, it's like Ebola and bad Juju mixed together.

The only known cure is 6 cans, a hauf bottle and a day watching the fitbaw on the telly, and if it is really bad 12 cans and a full bottle, but under no circumstances are you allowed to peel tatties or carrots, as this has been scientifically proven to make it worse, and washing dishes turns it fatal.