The Tigers if Scotland... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Tigers if Scotland...

Watching a program on Netflix about this "Scottish wildcat" that has inhibited Scotland for nearly 10,000 years in the Cairngorm region in the Scottish Highlands. Anyone heard of this? Seen one? Or is this program just a load of bollocks. Seems real to me. Apparently they are untamable, so dinnae get to close or try and take one up the road. Apparently only 100 exist in Scotland today.... Thoughts..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Watching a program on Netflix about this "Scottish wildcat" that has inhibited Scotland for nearly 10,000 years in the Cairngorm region in the Scottish Highlands. Anyone heard of this? Seen one? Or is this program just a load of bollocks. Seems real to me. Apparently they are untamable, so dinnae get to close or try and take one up the road. Apparently only 100 exist in Scotland today.... Thoughts..

I expect you to have one as a pet by the end of the year 

There was a report of research released yesterday stating that the true wildcat is all by extinct in the wild due to interbreeding with domestic cats

But yes they were real

I seen one in the wild with my Dad when i was a wee boy in the low parks in Hamilton out for a walk

It had a massive heid compared to normal cats - and huge whiskers

They tend to keep well away from humans but if you did corner one and try to pet it - it would take half your face off

Edited by Ally Bongo

Main problem these days is interbreeding with domestic cats which outnumber them. So like, they will calm doon or their heids will shrink? I dunno.

There are programmes to neuter domestic moggies in Morvern and Ardnamurchan  to preserve the local populations.   Hope this goes well and cat owners are up for this.   Bad enough their wee darlin's shite in my garden.   Wild ones though would be cool!