Mikey Johnston. Thoughts.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mikey Johnston. Thoughts..

Big Ramy 1314

Played well when he came in as a sub vs Hibs. Scored against Motherwell yesterday. I did not see the Motherwell match. What are your thoughts on this young man. Early days, but you think he may get into the Scotland senior squad in the not so distant future? Just wondering. Cheers..

Personally I want to see a bit more end product from him and the goal last night starts to do that.  He has pace and tricks but so far not many assists and goals.

He will be up against Middleton for a spot in the Scotland squad, who is scoring and assisting on a regular basis for rangers.  

Plenty of potential.  Needs to bulk up and take opportunities as he gets them.  

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What diet is that? Put on more weight? I don't know. 

I think he meant a more sports sciency diet that's centered around protein, etc.

You'd be surprised just how much nutrition can shape the body as well the mind.

Coming from a person who is outside looking in, it's about time Rodgers gave Sinclair some time on the sidelines and he gave Johnston a starting berth. Sinclair has had so many chances to shine, it would be nice if Rodgers showed a little faith in Johnston. The same way that Craig Levein should do with young Callum Morrison.

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

I think he meant a more sports sciency diet that's centered around protein, etc.

Coming from a person who is outside looking in, it's about time Rodgers gave Sinclair some time on the sidelines and he gave Johnston a starting berth. Sinclair has had so many chances to shine, it would be nice if Rodgers showed a little faith in Johnston. The same way that Craig Levein should do with young Callum Morrison.

I totally agree. I don't understand why Sinclair continually gets the nod. He has been rank all year. Wee Mick deserves his chance. How can he prove himself sitting in the bench every week. For me he should start every match ahead of Sinclair. We are so short of strikers as well, he deserves to start. I like him. He seems full of confidence and not afraid to take players on. 

8 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Would like to see him loaned out to another Premier League club and get a season of regularly starting. His decision making needs improvement and he'll do that with getting more games.

He's one I'm genuinely excited about though.

👍

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I totally agree. I don't understand why Sinclair continually gets the nod. He has been rank all year. Wee Mick deserves his chance. How can he prove himself sitting in the bench every week. For me he should start every match ahead of Sinclair. We are so short of strikers as well, he deserves to start. I like him. He seems full of confidence and not afraid to take players on. 

Absolutely.

At the end of the day, though, Rodgers must rate Johnston highly and he must feel as if he's ready to step into the first team. Otherwise he would've been loaned out. It'll be interesting to see how he develops in the coming months. Hopefully he plays more games and he forces Rodgers's hand and makes it impossible to drop him.

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

Aye, I was meaning in a general sense that he needs to bulk up. I don't know what Christie's diet plan is :lol:

I agree with your second point to a sense. I think Rodgers should actually get Chuck Norris to throw Sinclair directly into the sun.

10 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Would like to see him loaned out to another Premier League club and get a season of regularly starting. His decision making needs improvement and he'll do that with getting more games.

He's one I'm genuinely excited about though.

We’ll take him at St. Mirren thanks. And you can loan us back Lewis while you’re at it. 

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, I was meaning in a general sense that he needs to bulk up. I don't know what Christie's diet plan is :lol:

I agree with your second point to a sense. I think Rodgers should actually get Chuck Norris to throw Sinclair directly into the sun.

Yeah, I know. I do think we are lagging way behind other nations in terms of sports science. You always see our under 21s looking like waifs when playing against other nations. Not that I want a team of Hulks, I just want a bunch of players who is comfortable on the ball even if they have a man on them.

Burn! ...literally.

19 minutes ago, JECK said:

Was there not a story about a year or two ago of him being linked to ROI? Sure there was chat of O'Neil at the time wanting to cap him. 

There certainly was. I'm not sure what his personal preferences are, but if I were McLeish I'd get him capped, otherwise it could turn into another McCarthy fiasco.