5.15 am arrival Astana. All night bar ? - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5.15 am arrival Astana. All night bar ?

WeeJohnny

We arrive from heathrow at 5.15 am on the Wednesday (20th leaving Tuesday 19th). Pointless paying for a hotel so will have to kill time until about noon before checking in. If anyone hears of a 24 hour bar / drinking place can they post details.

Realise it's leading up to their big holiday too which may make it worse or better ! Assume we cant be the only ones in this situation and 5.15 am is only 11.15 pm the day before so still valid drinking hour in my book !!!!

2 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Your best bet would be to have a couple of beers in the airport on arrival until its time to check in.

I quite often chill out after security in the airport bar rather than rushing into town.

That sounds a good shout. We're staying at the Radisson (which was surprisingly cheap if anyone's still to book - £40 each per night sharing) - I don't think we'll get a significant early check in and if we go there to drink well end up no being allowed to stay !!! 😉😂 

Expect will be up for a few post landing beers anyway as brain will still be on UK time and no doubt will have had a snooze on the plane

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, McTeeko said:

I arrive in Astana at 5:45am and my hotel have accepted my early check-in request. No charge. Nothing to lose by asking 👍🏼

I had such an arrangement in Tirana for after the game. Turned up at 3am to be told the hotel was fully booked and to come back at 11am.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, WeeJohnny said:

That sounds a good shout. We're staying at the Radisson (which was surprisingly cheap if anyone's still to book - £40 each per night sharing) - I don't think we'll get a significant early check in and if we go there to drink well end up no being allowed to stay !!! 😉😂 

Expect will be up for a few post landing beers anyway as brain will still be on UK time and no doubt will have had a snooze on the plane

I stayed Radisson last time and went straight from  airport and let me check in early 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:43 PM, WeeJohnny said:

We arrive from heathrow at 5.15 am on the Wednesday (20th leaving Tuesday 19th). Pointless paying for a hotel so will have to kill time until about noon before checking in. If anyone hears of a 24 hour bar / drinking place can they post details.

Realise it's leading up to their big holiday too which may make it worse or better ! Assume we cant be the only ones in this situation and 5.15 am is only 11.15 pm the day before so still valid drinking hour in my book !!!!

I'm similar to you but arrive 05:40 on the Wednesday morning. My hostel said they would let me leave my bag there but check-in isn't until 3pm (this could get messy!).

Might go for the early pub option too depending on what state I'll be in.

• 3 weeks later...

I think cafes are your best bet for 24 hour drinking, so I was told last night. Perhaps earmark one near your hotel. Otherwise, I recommend standing at the side of the road, put your thumb out, have 500 tenge ready for when you get out although they should have change, say Pivo to the driver. Don't complicate things.

Edited by Thomson
Provide more info