Jose adios - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jose is heading back to London with a reported £22million golden goodbye, so I have a feeling that he won't be too heartbroken.

Personally, I like him. The English media has it in for him. Not a week went by without some English rag writing about some sort of negative story about Manchester United. The club was pretty much a closed-house and a fortress when it came to the media when Fergie was in charge, so I suppose they're now making up for it. The media were against Jose and so was Pogba, the former he could've survived, but the latter was a knife in his back as Paul Pogba was the ring-leader behind the scenes.

People look at Mourinho and bitch about him being grumpy, etc. But what I don't get is why do people accept "smiley, happy" people, but not surly, grumpy ones? It would appear that society only accepts only the one type of person, happy ones, even if it's disingenuous.

As for Mourinho, I think he's sociopathic with a hint of misanthropy. There's nothing wrong with that, contrary to popular belief.

Edited by Chripper

13 hours ago, Chripper said:

Jose is heading back to London with a reported £22million golden goodbye, so I have a feeling that he won't be too heartbroken.

Personally, I like him. The English media has it in for him. Not a week went by without some English rag writing about some sort of negative story about Manchester United. The club was pretty much a closed-house and a fortress when it came to the media when Fergie was in charge, so I suppose they're now making up for it. The media were against Jose and so was Pogba, the former he could've survived, but the latter was a knife in his back as Paul Pogba was the ring-leader behind the scenes.

People look at Mourinho and bitch about him being grumpy, etc. But what I don't get is why do people accept "smiley, happy" people, but not surly, grumpy ones? It would appear that society only accepts only the one type of person, happy ones, even if it's disingenuous.

As for Mourinho, I think he's sociopathic with a hint of misanthropy. There's nothing wrong with that, contrary to popular belief.

The media in England loved him for a long time, but such is the way with any successful person that at some point they will turn on you. I read a comment from one journalist that went along the lines of "he rubbed up so many people the wrong way on his way up that the journey back down was never going to be comfortable". I think there are certain journalists that have just grown to hate him and take great delight in sticking the knife in.

Manchester United themselves are a bit like that in that there are a good few journalists that are loving sticking the boot in while they are down. United and Jose together was just a toxic mix and was never going to end well.

4 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

The media in England loved him for a long time, but such is the way with any successful person that at some point they will turn on you. I read a comment from one journalist that went along the lines of "he rubbed up so many people the wrong way on his way up that the journey back down was never going to be comfortable". I think there are certain journalists that have just grown to hate him and take great delight in sticking the knife in.

Manchester United themselves are a bit like that in that there are a good few journalists that are loving sticking the boot in while they are down. United and Jose together was just a toxic mix and was never going to end well.

They definitely loved him in first spell at Chelsea, they couldn't get enough of him. They were literally fawning all over him. It was embarrassing.

I remember once they asked him a question of whose national media he preferred (it was after Porto and Madrid). This was the point where they still liked him and wanted him to be their friend. He said the "Spanish press", I think this irked them In some way. They wanted him to like them a much as they liked him. I know that it sounds playground stuff, and it is, but I do honestly think that it began with that.

Agreed. When they had SAF they had a guardian, but without him, they're a sitting duck.