Merry Christmas, Everyone! - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

Personally, I'll take the fables of Aesop and the Grimm Brother's for more of a moral code. None of their stories have lead to lifetimes of murders, genocide and atrocities in their name.

What examples can you give me of Bible-believing Christians committing "lifetimes of murders, genocide and atrocities" in the name of Jesus?

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Merry Christmas Scotty. Certainly feels like it today in Ottawa. Freezing ma plums off. 😂

And you, Ramy. (Mild here, thankfully.)

6 hours ago, bonzo said:

I think this is your first christmas on here😄

:lol:  Quite good.

4 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Ach, don't be downheartened. Stick around till easter, it gets really batshit then. Just enjoy celebrating the winter solstice like people have done for thousands of years, long before all this baby jesus stuff.

Yep. 

The Roman Catholic Church 'sold out' Christianity by compromising with the pagans.

(Jesus still took on flesh, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose on the third day, though.)

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What examples can you give me of Bible-believing Christians committing "lifetimes of murders, genocide and atrocities" in the name of Jesus?

How about we start small and begin with the Holocaust? 6 million Jews: 6 million innocent  men, women and children. All because of the Bible's anti-Semitic rantings.

That not good enough? How about a passage from the Bible that encourages genocide?

From 1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

How about we start small and begin with the Holocaust? 6 million Jews: 6 million innocent  men, women and children. All because of the Bible's anti-Semitic rantings.

That not good enough? How about a passage from the Bible that encourages genocide?

From 1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

I'm not sure those are the primary reasons for the holocaust.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Eugenics imported from Britain and the US was a much bigger influence on Hitler. 

4 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm not sure those are the primary reasons for the holocaust.

There's a lot of quotes to suggest otherwise: 

https://ffrf.org/legacy/fttoday/1997/march97/holocaust.html

"During his February 1, 1933, radio speech, "Proclamation to German People" Hitler began by saying "the Almighty has withheld his blessing from our people" since the loss of World War I in November 1918. Beginning with the family, he went on to pledge a fostering of "Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of racial and political life." He went on to make a pious appeal (prayer) for God's blessing on the work."

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

FFS... This is a poster thread for everything wrong with this board these days.

You know what I rescind my seasons greetings, fuck this thread and fuck all of yous.

Merry Fuckoffsmas... Cunts.

In this thread we've got the baby jesus, the holocaust, bad cheese puns, a whooshed a poster, crackers,tunes, puppets, eugenics,football jokes,greetings,hitler quotes, bible readings, agressive posts, passive aggresive posts, old posters,new posters,posters on their 7th username, the cleverest poster on the board, the roman catholic church, weather info from Ottowa, memes and now a meltdown post.

Surely most of the above features are  the foundations on which internet messageboards are built. What more could you want.

54 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

In this thread we've got the baby jesus, the holocaust, bad cheese puns, a whooshed a poster, crackers,tunes, puppets, eugenics,football jokes,greetings,hitler quotes, bible readings, agressive posts, passive aggresive posts, old posters,new posters,posters on their 7th username, the cleverest poster on the board, the roman catholic church, weather info from Ottowa, memes and now a meltdown post.

Surely most of the above features are  the foundations on which internet messageboards are built. What more could you want.

44 minutes ago, thplinth said:

you missed out posters who get banned and re-register under a new name to pursue the same grudge.  

Probably covered in the bold bit

Edited by fringo

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

you missed out posters who get banned and re-register under a new name to pursue the same grudge.  

That had better not be aimed at me. Why do I assume that it is? Because someone else aimed the same thing at me. I put it down as individual paranoia, but it might actually be a pandemic.

If it is aimed at me I've never been here before, nor do I have anything against anyone.

If someone has a go at me, I have a go back. Those are basic rules that I live by.

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

Could you please give examples of the Bible's anti-Semitic rantings?

Jesus came as a Jew.

(It's Who I worship.)

The Bible glorifies 'The Name above all names' and 'The King of kings'.

I think you'll find that the Bible is pro-Jewish and pro-Israel.

Hitler hated Christianity and only (poorly) pretended to be one as a way of not distancing himself from potential supporters. https://www.historyonthenet.com/was-hitler-a-christian

That not good enough?

No. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

How about a passage from the Bible that encourages genocide?

The passage doesn't encourage random genocide.

God gave that command to ensure that Israel and the Jews themselves wouldn't be exterminated.

Unlike us, God knows the future. God knew what the results would be if Israel did not completely eradicate the Amalekites. If Israel did not carry out God’s orders, the Amalekites would come back to trouble the Israelites in the future. Saul claimed to have killed everyone but the Amalekite king Agag (1 Samuel 15:20). Obviously, Saul was lying—just a couple of decades later, there were enough Amalekites to take David and his men’s families captive (1 Samuel 30:1-2). After David and his men attacked the Amalekites and rescued their families, 400 Amalekites escaped. If Saul had fulfilled what God had commanded him, this never would have occurred. Several hundred years later, a descendant of Agag, Haman, tried to have the entire Jewish people exterminated (see the book of Esther). So, Saul’s incomplete obedience almost resulted in Israel’s destruction. God knew this would occur, so He ordered the extermination of the Amalekites ahead of time.

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

There's a lot of quotes to suggest otherwise: 

https://ffrf.org/legacy/fttoday/1997/march97/holocaust.html

"During his February 1, 1933, radio speech, "Proclamation to German People" Hitler began by saying "the Almighty has withheld his blessing from our people" since the loss of World War I in November 1918. Beginning with the family, he went on to pledge a fostering of "Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of racial and political life." He went on to make a pious appeal (prayer) for God's blessing on the work."

Stop the presses... 'Politician makes himself look good by telling the people what they want to hear.'

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

FFS... This is a poster thread for everything wrong with this board these days.

You know what I rescind my seasons greetings, fuck this thread and fuck all of yous.

Merry Fuckoffsmas... Cunts.

1445287639-JekyllandHyde_tickets-e147532

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Could you please give examples of the Bible's anti-Semitic rantings?

In Matthew 27:22-25, we learn that the Jewish leaders demanded that Jesus be put to death.

Yeah... OK. I'm not going to reply to the rest of your posts because trying to talk logically with a bible-thumper is akin to trying to ask them for proof that Jesus was the con.. I mean... son of God.

OK. Jesus was not the son of God. It's absurd to even think otherwise. If God created the Earth then did he create the entire Universe? The Universe is infinite. Why the hell would he spend so much time on Earth, creating stupid human beings who will ultimately destroy the world which they inhabit? Did he create lives on other planets? What happens when we eventually come face to face (assuming that they have faces) with life forms from another planet and they probably kill us all in one fell swoop? Is that also the work of God?

Life is random. Life was created over billions of years by mould and slime. Evolution took place and here we are. Human beings began as slime as not much has changed.

Amen.

13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I turn the other cheek.  innocent.gif

Or let others do your thinking for you. (The storytellers who wrote the Bible) and claiming it as fact.

Actually, that's spot-on. People like you shut off your brains and just tell tall-tales from your favourite book as opposed to engaging your mind and thinking for yourself.

And usually, the leaders of religious organizations are taking advantage of the old and the vulnerable, whilst rolling around in their BMWs and living the life of luxury at the expense of the aforementioned people.

Edited by Chripper

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

In Matthew 27:22-25, we learn that the Jewish leaders demanded that Jesus be put to death.

Correct. What's your point?

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yeah... OK. I'm not going to reply to the rest of your posts because...

...because you're not doing very well at all, are you?

4 minutes ago, Chripper said:

OK. Jesus was not the son of God.

He was, and is (and is to come).

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

If God created the Earth then did he create the entire Universe?

"For by Him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:"  Colossians 1:16

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

The Universe is infinite.

And you know this how?

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Why the hell would he spend so much time on Earth...

The earth is the centre of His creation.

It's where He made man in His image.

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

...creating stupid human beings who will ultimately destroy the world which they inhabit?

We go to the brink, but Jesus returns in time.

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Did he create lives on other planets?

No (and there are no other 'planets').

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

What happens when we eventually come face to face (assuming that they have faces) with life forms from another planet and they probably kill us all in one fell swoop? Is that also the work of God?

No. There are no 'aliens'.

15 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Life is random.

It's far too complex in it's design to be random.

The 'language' of DNA shows that we were planned.

16 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Life was created over billions of years by mold and slime. 

You should give yourself more credit.

18 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Evolution took place and here we are. 

Inanimate things like 'music' and 'fashion' can evolve.

Life has never evolved.

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Human beings began as slime as not much has changed.

Our sin-nature hasn't changed, but fortunately we have a Saviour who more than meets that need.

15 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Or let others do your thinking for you.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom... " Proverbs 9:10

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Actually, that's spot-on. People like you shut off your brains and just tell tall-tales from your favourite book as opposed to engaging your mind and thinking for yourself.

So... Did you come up with the theory of evolution all by yourself, or did you get it from a book?

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

And usually, the leaders of religious organizations are taking advantage of the old and the vulnerable, whilst rolling around in their BMWs and living the life of luxury at the expense of the aforementioned people.

Yep. And God will judge them.

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No (and there are no other 'planets').

No. There are no 'aliens'.

There's no planets in the Solar System? Weird, I thought there were 8.

There are no aliens? 

Isn't pride a sin? Pride is another word for pomposity. Pomposity is another word arrogance. And it's just like Man to be arrogant enough to believe that in the infinite and ever expanding Universe that there's only one intelligent lifeform.

And again, using the words that other people wrote and allowing them to think for you. "God" gave human beings free will to use their brains, I say you should try it sometime. 

And I see that you've ignored the bit about religious leaders living the life of luxury whilst the great unwashed are either homeless or starving. I suppose turning a blind eye to the ills of the people who exploit the beliefs of others is an occupational thing, eh? Oh wait, "God will judge them"? Show me the proof that "God will judge them"

Edited by Chripper

Are you a "born again"?

Those people can be pretty fundamental at times, and you sound exactly like them.

People who have hit rock bottom, through drugs and/or alcohol, and they find salvation through religion. Yeah, that's all fine and good, but these types of people take it too far and they swap their unhealthy addiction for an even more unhealthy addiction.

Me, personally, I believe in me. I have a healthy brain and I choose to use it.

I hope eventually you do the same, as I really feel sorry for you. And no, I'm not trying to be condescending. I truly am sorry for you, and people like you.

Namaste.