Kilt adjustment - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilt adjustment

Hi, and apologies for a new thread ; but maybe this can be the new kilt thread (if there ever was/is one).

If you need your kilt adjusted (unfortunately for putting on pounds) would you take it in to a retailer, or buy one of these strap extenders? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kilt-Strap-Buckle-Extender-1-25/dp/B00FZ49QSS

I've put on about 8 pounds since I was fitted - 12 years ago - and the plan after putting on no doubt more weight over new year is to lose that half stone ; so I'm not too sure about it getting adjusted by a shop.

Rambling a bit, but would be interested to hear your views :)

The straps worked well for me and after losing a bit of weight this year can just about fit into the kilt without them again.

Considered getting the kilt adjusted at the time, but then thought I'd be resigning myself to being overweight for eternity. A wee bit of kilt motivation helped the weight loss! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers folks, the straps work perfect. Could almost fit in to the original kilt for Christmas Eve - probably out the windae now after the 'celebrations' over the past few days - but the straps worked excellent.

Just realised I have never had a kilt on for airport security - any away games usually have kilt in the luggage for the day of the game ; but I take it going through security in Scotland is alright? As the straps will surely go off when going through the detector? Going away for new year, and been asked to bring the kilt but thinking of wearing it rather than the hassle of it potentially putting the case over the limit?

Mucho cheers, and seasons greetings to all!

What are these straps you speak off? I have 2 kilts. One I have moved the buckles, and it does not fit anymore. My fault, I put too much weight on. The other kilt fits but I have also moved the buckles in that one as well. Seems easier to look into these straps than try lose 20lbs at 50 year old..🤣

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What are these straps you speak off? I have 2 kilts. One I have moved the buckles, and it does not fit anymore. My fault, I put too much weight on. The other kilt fits but I have also moved the buckles in that one as well. Seems easier to look into these straps than try lose 20lbs at 50 year old..🤣

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_8_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kilt+extension+straps&sprefix=Kilt+%2Caps%2C197&crid=3RN4RF7RAJJ1U

25 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Brilliant. I am putting in my order. Thanks mate. That's me off the diet now. Yasssssssssaaaaaa.🙂