The Future of The EPL is Bright the Future is Scottish - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Future of The EPL is Bright the Future is Scottish

bazmidd

A Daily Record article has a number of young talented Scotsmen ready to make an English Premier League breakthrough in the next few years. We seem to have talent there what are the chances of them coming to the fore, and what ones do you think have the best chance of making it?

The List

Ethan Hamilton - Man Utd, Fraser Hornby - Everton, Tony Gallacher - Liverpool, Charlie Gilmour - Arsenal, Tom Clayton - Liverpool, Elliot Watt - Wolves, Billy Gilmour - Chelsea

7 Scottish starlets bubbling under in the English Premier League

Edited by bazmidd

How wonderful of the Record to keep up their habit of the last few years and unfairly get people's hopes up.

Now that seven players marked down, by the idiots who write for and the idiots who continue to buy and digest the Record, who must now prove themselves to be amazing or else be lambasted as being "pish".

It never helps when young players are put into these lists of "stars of the future". There's too much focus and sometimes ridiculous expectations placed upon them.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

In about 10 years time, the same players could be on a 'what ever happened to....' list. These articles are nonsense

In a nutshell. :ok:

The clowns who make up these irritating "stars of the future (based on fuck all evidence)" lists need a boot in the baws.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

There’s nothing like a bit of optimism to raise the hackles of the TAMB!

We're talking about a pishy newspaper that's clearly doing what it's done a couple of times in the past, build up the reputation of young Scots players purely so they can knock them down again in a couple of years and have another "Scottish players just can't hack it" special report.

I've never seen Ethan Hamilton, but it says a lot about him that he can't break into the Manchester United midfield. As it does with McTominay.

Sunday's Liverpool Vs United match was probably the most one sided matches involving those two teams. The United midfield is shocking.

But yes, I wouldn't really read too much into the opinion of the Daily Record with regards to young Scottish players.

36 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I've never seen Ethan Hamilton, but it says a lot about him that he can't break into the Manchester United midfield. As it does with McTominay.

Sunday's Liverpool Vs United match was probably the most one sided matches involving those two teams. The United midfield is shocking.

Are you being serious?

If you are really writing Hamilton and McTominay off because they aren't starting games ahead of players like Pogba, Mata, Herrera, Fellaini, Matic and Fred then you need to have a word with yourself.  

Man Utd have good players playing badly.  The manager isn't going to drop them all for young lads. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Are you being serious?

If you are really writing Hamilton and McTominay off because they aren't starting games ahead of players like Pogba, Mata, Herrera, Fellaini, Matic and Fred then you need to have a word with yourself.  

Man Utd have good players playing badly.  The manager isn't going to drop them all for young lads. 

Did you watch the match?

Fred wasn't in the squad and Pogba was sitting on the bench thinking about playing Call of Duty. I'm not talking about staring matches, I'm talking about just making the bench. Pogba is a wage thief and should be out of Manchester United asap.

They have good players but nowhere near good enough for United. The midfield could not string two passes together. 

I'm not singling out Hamilton or McTominay, I'm stating that there must be something deeply wrong with the youth system at Man United when there are so many senior players who are playing week in and week out whilst giving pathetic displays.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

But yes, I wouldn't really read too much into the opinion of the Daily Record with regards to young Scottish players.

To be fair, Paul Pogba can't either hahaha.

Would be good for some of those to get loan moves in the new year to championship/league 1. Fair to say they're all a long way off breaking into first teams.

Gilmour coming on for Arsenal the other night seems promising. I was actually confused by that as all the posts I've read were about Chelsea. Are they Brothers?

52 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Would be good for some of those to get loan moves in the new year to championship/league 1. Fair to say they're all a long way off breaking into first teams.

Gilmour coming on for Arsenal the other night seems promising. I was actually confused by that as all the posts I've read were about Chelsea. Are they Brothers?

No relation