PDC darts - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

PDC darts

shunkyboy and the fluffer

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

It'll most likely be a Price vs Anderson final.

If Price gets up to his typical antagonistic antics, Anderson will get angry. Anderson plays best when he has a bee in his bonnet.

My money would be on Anderson.

Price has been the most improved player over the past 2/3 years, though.

If Chizzy plays anything like he did yesterday Gary is toast. Hope I am wrong but the way Chizzy is playing at the moment combined with the missed doubles Gary will probably throw makes Chisnall a strong favourite for me. The other semi could go either way as Price looks well short of his best to me at the moment.

1 hour ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

If Chizzy plays anything like he did yesterday Gary is toast. Hope I am wrong but the way Chizzy is playing at the moment combined with the missed doubles Gary will probably throw makes Chisnall a strong favourite for me. The other semi could go either way as Price looks well short of his best to me at the moment.

True.

You always see it, though, when players play a blinder leading up to the final, they never quite replicate it in the next match. Chizzy's performance against MVG was his final. I expect a massive come down against Anderson.

Bunting is punching above his weight. I think his nerves will get to him today. 

21 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Great to see Gary in the final. It's not going to be a classic and will come down to who can hold their nerve in the vital legs. Gary worries me on the doubles but hope he can scrape through.

Hopefully, Gary's doubling has improved 10 fold since he lost to Lewis all those years ago. I think if he keeps playing the way he is and not think too much about it, he'll win by 2 sets.

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Price is on another level here. Hasn’t missed tops in 12 attempts. 

Hopefully price will start thinking about it as he gets near the finish line. 

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Great to watch even if i do think Price is a penis.🤣

To be fair to him, he comes across a lot better in interviews than he used to. 

Maybe the spat with Anderson was the boot in the arse he needed. 

Price deserved to win. However, it would've been different if Anderson's finishing was better and if he won the first set.

Price has never played better and Anderson had an off day.

Not having a crowd helped Price focus (his roars all through the tournament were a lot more sparse). Hopefully, this shows him that he doesn't have to go crazy every time he hits a big number, etc.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

This year. A boring drone of Scotland get battered so far in every game. But Willie Borland brilliant tonight. Shut the cunts up. With a 9 darter

Just watched it, coming back from 2-0 down two sets on the trot as well and then a 9 darter to clinch it!