Leigh Griffiths - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leigh Griffiths

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I suspect something serious has happened this week in relation to his mental health. 

Aye, that's my thinking.

Rodgers called it a cry for help. His pals/family/teamamtes were obviously worried enough to call the cops. You don't do that if he's just spunking his wages in the bookies.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He'll not be sitting on his arse, he's getting professional help.

I don't think running out into a football stadium when you've had issues he's had would be remotely beneficial. Can just imagine Ibrox at the end of the month.

He's being getting plenty exercise, hanging about with mates and every you've said above and there still was  a situation that was grave enough for his friends/family to report him missing.

You don't report a grown adult missing to the police after a few hours unless you have grave concerns over their welfare.

That's all i'll say on the matter.

Just been given some details on the Griffiths situation. Wasn’t the situation I thought it was or indeed similarly what some others on here think it was. Celtic appear to have handled this as well as could be expected and I hope Leigh gets every bit of help he needs. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Just been given some details on the Griffiths situation. Wasn’t the situation I thought it was or indeed similarly what some others on here think it was. Celtic appear to have handled this as well as could be expected and I hope Leigh gets every bit of help he needs. 

.....from my insider....

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

.....from my insider....

an Alex Cameron exclusive......

Horrible situation for Griffiths to find himself in. Also the point about playing football to help him take his mind off it or training to offer him physical exercise by way of a release - that may help with forms of stress but is not in itself going to help someone suffering from serious mental health issues or depression. it is all consuming.....

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Horrible situation for Griffiths to find himself in. Also the point about playing football to help him take his mind off it or training to offer him physical exercise by way of a release - that may help with forms of stress but is not in itself going to help someone suffering from serious mental health issues or depression. it is all consuming.....

Aye, and folk need to remember that football is his job and could well be contributing to the pressures he's presumably under. If someone in a normal line of work with suffering mental health issues brought on, at least in part, by their job then you wouldn't send them in to the office to get better.

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Ah - certainly not. I just heard a different version of events through the same channels everyone else has access to. Most certainly not trying to claim any form of scoop or insider info.

I was more trying to re-address my earlier comments about coping with stress etc given what I’d heard since.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm glad he's come out and stuck one on the Internet bullshitters. Why folk have this urge to know the intimate details of everyone else's life is beyond me. 

Bunch of virtual net curtain twitching twats. 

Hopefully this response shows he's starting to feel a bit stronger mentally. 

Looking forward to seeing him in a Scotland top again. Not so much the Celtic strip mind you. 😉

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm glad he's come out and stuck one on the Internet bullshitters. Why folk have this urge to know the intimate details of everyone else's life is beyond me. 

Bunch of virtual net curtain twitching twats. 

Hopefully this response shows he's starting to feel a bit stronger mentally. 

Looking forward to seeing him in a Scotland top again. Not so much the Celtic strip mind you. 😉

Well said. 👍

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well said. 👍

Watched him play for Hibs against St Mirren early in his career and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. 

Had one mazy down the right wing which involved megging Jim Goodwin (who wasnt aiming for the ball) but his shot smacked the post. 

The whole goal frame shook for ages. You could see his talent back then. 

Would love to see him repeating the trick on Harry Maguire but sticking the ball in the net instead. 😁

34 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Agreed.

the media are poisonous, not that this is a surprise. 

Exactly. I am not saying this because I support Celtic. I would feel the same way if it was Charlie Adam, Wayne Rooney, Graeme Shinnie or whoever. These are professional footballers, but they are also human beings who are vulnerable to illnesses like any other. They all deserve privacy when something like this happens to them. I get these writers, news rags, whatever have a job to do, but get the facts straight. Printing rumours with no sound facts can have a serious detramental effect on the recovery of the person in question. But you are correct PIAK, they don't care who it hurts as long as they sell papers. Get well soon Leigh...

56 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly. I am not saying this because I support Celtic. I would feel the same way if it was Charlie Adam, Wayne Rooney, Graeme Shinnie or whoever. These are professional footballers, but they are also human beings who are vulnerable to illnesses like any other. They all deserve privacy when something like this happens to them. I get these writers, news rags, whatever have a job to do, but get the facts straight. Printing rumours with no sound facts can have a serious detramental effect on the recovery of the person in question. But you are correct PIAK, they don't care who it hurts as long as they sell papers. Get well soon Leigh...

Yet you were slating Beaton the other day for (allegedly) being in a rangers pub after the game last week. 

Cant have it both ways I’m afraid, like it or not, this board is part of media and your allegations can have a serious detremental effect on people.