Andew Robertson - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andew Robertson

Chripper

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Age affects all players, Bayern or Brechin. Matthaus was an attacking mid then sweeper as he got older. Sure Lahm would have been in his 30’s when he changed positions. 

Ah, I'm just waiting on the sarcastic comments from someone about Mattaus moving from attacking mid to sweeper.

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Just now, Chripper said:

Kinda makes me sad that salient points are met with sarcasm. Says more about the replier than I ever could.

Anyway.

I'm expecting Robertson to have another storming match against Man United. United are facing tons of injuries so hopefully McToninay gets the nod.

Have a day off mate 

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Ah, I'm just waiting on the sarcastic comments from someone about Mattaus moving from attacking mid to sweeper.

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Still nothing?

Nothing about Mattaus being a left back? Nothing about him being a goalkeeper? Nothing about him doubling as a kitman and a center back?

Huh.

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Actually the Matthaus point was a valid one. 

And the Lahm, Kimmich and Alaba moving to full back to an anchorman position isn't?

How about Robertson starting as a winger?

Nothing.

It's all about raking. No one will touch you because you have 5,000+ points. But I'm fair game because I have less than 450?

Don't think so somehow.

Edited by Chripper

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

And the Lahm, Kimmich and Alaba moving to full back to an anchorman position isn't?

How about Robertson starting as a winger?

Nothing.

It's all about raking. No one will touch you because you have 5,000+ points. But I'm fair game because I have less than 450?

Don't think so somehow.

All valid. Just exploring reasons why Guardiola May have used Lahm as he did. 

I think Robertson could be a good defensive mid. He’s a smart player etc. however still think he’s better suited to left back at this stage, especially if that’s his club position.

isnt it more common for players to change positions when they are younger rather than when they are established? 

Think you’re looking into the banter a bit too much. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

All valid. Just exploring reasons why Guardiola May have used Lahm as he did. 

I think Robertson could be a good defensive mid. He’s a smart player etc. however still think he’s better suited to left back at this stage, especially if that’s his club position

Think you’re looking into the banter a bit too much. 

I'm not having a go at you, as such, just people not even involved making random shots. It's cheap and they wouldn't do it in real life.

Probably, but for Scotland, I think it's definitely something that McLeish should consider, and it might actually be the solution to the Tierney/Robertson dilemma.

Is it banter, though? I don't generally take well to random strangers taking shots at me. It's weird.

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm not having a go at you, as such, just people not even involved making random shots. It's cheap and they wouldn't do it in real life.

Probably, but for Scotland, I think it's definitely something that McLeish should consider, and it might actually be the solution to the Tierney/Robertson dilemma.

Is it banter, though? I don't generally take well to random strangers taking shots at me. It's weird.

Most of the time for most people on here it is banter.

But you could be right about the posts - I've got over 5000 too and not been touched in ages.  😊

58 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm guessing you've never lived in Glasgow then haha. 

My general rule is to assume banter until proven wrong. It's famously tough to judge intent in text format too. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Mourinho: "LFC play 200mph with and without the ball. I am still tired to look at Robertson. He makes a 100m sprint per minute! Incredible." #LFC #MUFC

Huge praise, indeed.

Robertson burned a hole through the entire Manchester United left side, for the entire 90 minutes. Attacking and defending, the lad is getting better and better. He worked harder and did more than all of the Man United team put together.

If a team does buy Robertson then it'll be £90+ million. By sheer effort and application he puts Paul Pogba to shame.

Talking of Pogba, he gives more effort into Call of Duty than playing for Man United.

Just now, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

David Thompson said the other day in the Liverpool echo he wouldn't look out of place playing for Barcelona. I really cannot see him moving to another team, unless Liverpool want the money. Loving his time there, fans sing his name and seriously looks like a lad that has his head screwed on the right way

It would be pretty damn cool to have a Scot playing for Barca mind :spin:

Bet Southgate wishes he could pick him.

16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

His whole body language and how he celebrates goals shows how much he cares. If his career doesn’t go from strength to strength it won’t be from lack of effort. 

I found it interesting to watch him during the goal celebrations in Albania. He was right there with his arms round the group of lads each time, but he wasn't smiling. He looked concentrated and he was talking. Like he was congratulating the lads but also trying to keep their mind on the job. Did anyone else see that? I really think he's a great call for captain.

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

I found it interesting to watch him during the goal celebrations in Albania. He was right there with his arms round the group of lads each time, but he wasn't smiling. He looked concentrated and he was talking. Like he was congratulating the lads but also trying to keep their mind on the job. Did anyone else see that? I really think he's a great call for captain.

I noticed that, too.

Watch the full 90 minutes of the United match today and imagine that in midfield. His energy would radiate throughout the entire team.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Maybe if you had more rep points?

How would you know?