Andew Robertson - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andew Robertson

Chripper

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm going to stop mocking him, I think there's something wrong with the guy, I've never seen anyone take this place so serious.

Gee, thanks Mister! Thank you so much for sparing me your rapier like wit. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is not and never has been a case of people being unable to take it when they've dished it out. 

Errr… it's definitely the case. I've figured it out.

Most of the people here are male, so it's an ego thing. The established TAMBers can't accept it when a newbie dishes it out.

It's playground/prison yard mentality.

The names that I've been called simply for standing my ground has been quite remarkable. It hasn't offended me, nothing offends me and very few things get under my skin. I just find it funny how I've acted in a (mostly) respectful manner when people have replied to me... not to contribute upon the conversation, but solely to take the urine. And I've been called so many names for dishing it back. :lol:

Edited by Chripper

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See with that chip on your shoulder, you sure you aren't a hun?

Eww! No.

Chip on my shoulder?

As I said previously, typical playground mentality where only the established posters are able to take the piss, if a newbie does it then the toys come out and the bottom lip makes an appearance.

If you can't see it then you're in total and complete denial.

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Lack of self awareness seems to point that way as well.

Lack of self awareness? You mean, people launching into my thread for no other reason but to make a snarky remark and then throwing a complete strop when I have none of it?

Yeah. Sure. Okay.

I’ve not been spending as much time on here recently as I used to.

This new fella Chripper.

He’s a troll right? Surely. 

The only thing that makes me think maybe not, is that erstwhile sensible posters are actually engaging him.

Even so. A troll or 12 years old. Has to be one of the two. 

20 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Lack of self awareness? You mean, people launching into my thread for no other reason but to make a snarky remark and then throwing a complete strop when I have none of it?

Yeah. Sure. Okay.

You seem to be taking everything so personal and to heart. This is the internet. It is full of keyboard warriors, virgins, and a half dozen regular people. Lighten up, my man.

7 minutes ago, Marky said:

I’ve not been spending as much time on here recently as I used to.

This new fella Chripper.

He’s a troll right? Surely. 

The only thing that makes me think maybe not, is that erstwhile sensible posters are actually engaging him.

Even so. A troll or 12 years old. Has to be one of the two. 

*sigh*

Another one that I have to explain to.

OK. Here's the deal: I talk about playing Andy Robertson in the anchorman position, I also talk about us reverting to a 3-5-2. Pretty reasonable suggestions, wouldn't you say?

But no. Since I made the aforementioned statements I've been mocked, ridiculed and scorned. Fair enough, I can take a joke. But when the joke lasts a month+ I think It's going a wee bit over the top.

I reply with sarcasm and mockery of my own. I'm met with petted lips and name calling. 

That pretty much sums it up.

The boys who have been here for years can say and do what they want, but for some reason if a newbie dishes some back then it's all about the snowflake impressions.

Here's the deal. If people want to ignore me, just press the frickin' ignore button. Or whatever it's called.

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You seem to be taking everything so personal and to heart. This is the internet. It is full of keyboard warriors, virgins, and a half dozen regular people. Lighten up, my man.

That's the thing, I'm really not. I'm batting away the jibes with a smile on my face and a song in my heart, and quite honestly, I think that's one of the reasons why I'm getting under peoples skin. They would rather me be foaming at the mouth and in hysterics. :lol:

I do still like you all, honest. But seriously, just call it a day. :)

25 minutes ago, Chripper said:

*sigh*

Another one that I have to explain to.

OK. Here's the deal: I talk about playing Andy Robertson in the anchorman position, I also talk about us reverting to a 3-5-2. Pretty reasonable suggestions, wouldn't you say?

But no. Since I made the aforementioned statements I've been mocked, ridiculed and scorned. Fair enough, I can take a joke. But when the joke lasts a month+ I think It's going a wee bit over the top.

I reply with sarcasm and mockery of my own. I'm met with petted lips and name calling. 

That pretty much sums it up.

The boys who have been here for years can say and do what they want, but for some reason if a newbie dishes some back then it's all about the snowflake impressions.

Here's the deal. If people want to ignore me, just press the frickin' ignore button. Or whatever it's called.

That's the thing, I'm really not. I'm batting away the jibes with a smile on my face and a song in my heart, and quite honestly, I think that's one of the reasons why I'm getting under peoples skin. They would rather me be foaming at the mouth and in hysterics. :lol:

I do still like you all, honest. But seriously, just call it a day. :)

There isn't a snowball's chance in he'll you will call it a day. Your own ego won't let you.

TM is 100% spot on, you're lack of self awareness is astounding. 

If this whole debate wasn't getting to you, you would have said your piece and shut the fuck up, instead you continue to point the finger at everyone else instead of looking at yourself, it's very very pathetic.

You also seem to think the posters on the tamb think as one. Bizarre

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

There isn't a snowball's chance in he'll you will call it a day. Your own ego won't let you.

TM is 100% spot on, you're lack of self awareness is astounding. 

If this whole debate wasn't getting to you, you would have said your piece and shut the fuck up, instead you continue to point the finger at everyone else instead of looking at yourself, it's very very pathetic.

You also seem to think the posters on the tamb think as one. Bizarre

Nah. I'm too stubborn to do anything of the sort. I like having the last word, as if you haven't guessed. :)

And oh please! Pointing the finger at everyone else? Mate, literally dozens of people entered this thread soley to take the piss and not contribute towards the debate. :lol:

Put me on ignore, or will your ego not allow it?  :)

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Nah. I'm too stubborn to do anything of the sort. I like having the last word, as if you haven't guessed. :)

And oh please! Pointing the finger at everyone else? Mate, literally dozens of people entered this thread soley to take the piss and not contribute towards the debate. :lol:

Put me on ignore, or will your ego not allow it?  :)

No need to put you ignore, it's much more fun reading these posts and watching you make a prize fuckwit of yourself 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

No need to put you ignore, it's much more fun reading these posts and watching you make a prize fuckwit of yourself 

See? If I said anything remotely like that then the snowflakes would be crying and screaming about "Troll" that and "Troll" this. :lol:

So, back to Andrew Robertson, shall we? Hopefully he has a storming match against Wolves later, but for some reason I can see him being rested as the fixtures are coming thick and fast. Maybe not, though, as Moreno is a bit of a bombscare, and Wolves are actually having a pretty goof season... so far.

:)

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

See? If I said anything remotely like that then the snowflakes would be crying and screaming about "Troll" that and "Troll" this. :lol:

So, back to Andrew Robertson, shall we? Hopefully he has a storming match against Wolves later, but for some reason I can see him being rested as the fixtures are coming thick and fast. Maybe not, though, as Moreno is a bit of a bombscare, and Wolves are actually having a pretty goof season... so far.

Aye I see this thread has descended into complete fuktardery. Can see Robertson being rested for a couple of games over the next 3 weeks. Probably right to aswell. The work he put in v Man U was immense.

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

There's just too many laughing smileys that quite clearly don't reflect the total angst going on in your soul at how your opinions are going down. I'd give it up. It's Xmas, brother. 

I realise that's really patronising so apologies. But it's a total car crash!

8 minutes ago, duncan II said:

There's just too many laughing smileys that quite clearly don't reflect the total angst going on in your soul at how your opinions are going down. I'd give it up. It's Xmas, brother. 

As far as debutante disasters go it more on a par with the Titanic.

I am going with the 12-14 years old guess.

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

:lol:

Trust me, mate, my face may be laughing but I'm crying on the inside. ;)

Nah, no apologizes required, mate. That's your opinion and I respect it. :)

Oh topic. Robbo is starting. Personally I thought that he would've been rested for Newcastle and Arsenal, but it's the sign of the times at Livepool and how important he is.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:24 AM, Chripper said:

This is a very strange forum. One of the weirdest I've ever know.

I talk about Scotland playing with a back three and I'm asked a multitude of question for about a month or so, and I'm faced with mockery and derision. I also face the same for suggesting that Andy Robertson could be a very good anchorman.

Meanwhile in the "Merry Christmas, everyone!" thread, the OP states that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System and that there are no such thing as Alien lifeforms... and no one says boo about it.

It would appear that people on TAMB would rather believe that Earth is the one and only planet than believe that Robertson could excel as an anchorman. :lol:

Scotty makes the same thread every year. As you’ll no doubt realise yourself, engaging in it is a frustrating experience 

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Scotty makes the same thread every year. As you’ll no doubt realise yourself, engaging in it is a frustrating experience 

Oh, I totally get that now.

When he mentioned the thing about there only being one planet I ejected from the thread..

I respect his opinion and felt a little bad for attacking him like I did. I shouldn't have did that. I've known people like him (born again) and I've attended therapy sessions that deal with that sort of psychosis and I've seen the fallout. 

I could've been nicer.

Edited by Chripper

19 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

image.png.383686ba55e6319572460adee3601bcc.png

Fantasy EPL standings as of 21st December. Says it all. What a lad!

The great (and amazing) thing is that he's genuinely improving on a monthly basis. Who knows how great he'll become. One of the best things that he he's a nice lad and he has his feet planted firmly on the ground. I wish more of our players had Robbo's attitude.

Now... all that's to be done is to bribe Klopp into playing him as an anchorman. ;)

• 2 months later...

Salah, Sterling, Hazard, Aubameyang - now the only players who have more points than Robbo in Fantasy Premier League. I could see him overtaking Aubameyang and Hazard by the end of the season too. I know that stats aren't everything, but I'm loving this. We have a truly world class player, and perhaps he is also changing perceptions of Sottish players in the EPL and across Europe?

On 12/21/2018 at 9:44 AM, Chripper said:

I talk about playing Andy Robertson in the anchorman position, I also talk about us reverting to a 3-5-2. Pretty reasonable suggestions, wouldn't you say?

But no. Since I made the aforementioned statements I've been mocked, ridiculed and scorned.

You can't put him on ignore, cos posts like this are just too entertaining. And then he's on about how he's stating facts and doesn't want replies!

It's funny as.

30 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Quite a few Liverpool fans online saying that as much as they love Robertson they think he could do with a rest as he's been a little below par in the last couple of games and he has been playing flat out all season.

Aye thought that as well, although he’s not the only one from what I’ve noticed over there last couple of games.