Andew Robertson - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andew Robertson

Chripper

35 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

For me i think Tierney will leave once 10 in a row is done or if it gets stopped which ever happens first

agreed, arguably it would a good choice. He's a Celtic fanatic and  he'd be what? 25 or 26? when/if 10 in a row happens. His name is then written into his clubs history forever and he could make them some money with the transfer fee.

40 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

For me i think Tierney will leave once 10 in a row is done or if it gets stopped which ever happens first

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers are two points off the top. Had a bad couple of games. Gerrard needs to stick to his best 11. Then 55 will be a foregone conclusion. Scotland Forever.

Next summer then? :lol:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

agreed, arguably it would a good choice. He's a Celtic fanatic and  he'd be what? 25 or 26? when/if 10 in a row happens. His name is then written into his clubs history forever and he could make them some money with the transfer fee.

Younger. He'd only be 24, give or take a month or so. Providing it's the 10 as opposed to it getting stopped.

Would also imagine that is what he would do. Cement himself in Celtic history, piss off for 8 years or so to make his money, and then end it back at Celtic.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

I haven't really been here long, but I'm starting to think that generally this is a place for petty point scoring.

For example, I said: "I wonder when Kieran Tierney will finally grow up and join a top league", this was viewed as a dig at the kid. When in actual fact it was an obvious question of when in his career will he decide that he's bored of playing against English Championship standard players and want to play against the cream of the crop. 

I also said" "Age doesn't bring maturity", which is true, and was aimed at the human condition. Again, this was thought of as a dig at the lad.

Hell, there's still one person trying to score points off my preference towards three-at-the-back. :lol:

Yeah... not many points will ever be scored off me. God loves a trier, though. :)

"I wonder when Kieran Tierney will finally join a top league?"
"I wonder when Kieran Tierney will finally grow up and join a top league?"

Mate, you must see how these two sentences differ right? The first is a genuine question to which I would love the answer. The second is clearly suggesting that the fact he hasn't moved to a bigger team yet is down some form of immaturity on his behalf. So it could very obviously be construed as a dig. 

I actually quite like your cat-among-the-pigeons style on here, but if you're going to continue with it you're going to have to grow a thicker skin. Not everyone is on here to try and score points.

PS: Robbo for Prime Minister.

20 hours ago, Chripper said:

To test himself against better players and bigger teams.

He'll playing against free transfers, etc, week in and week out. Sooner or later there'll be a breaking point where he feels the need to test himself against better players.

Only Celtic fans will want him to remain in Scotland.

The boy is 21 and playing every week for the club he loves. How on earth does he need to grow up? He's living the dream. Andy Robertson at 23 was playing with Hull City, I'd rather a player was playing for Celtic than Hull. He's also got a real chance to be playing European football well into the new year.

KT will get his move but you cannot for one second slag a player who is born and bred a Celtic fan being reluctant to move just now whilst they are making history. I also like the fact 50% of our stating 11 are playing and winning together every week.

if a top club comes in for him (Man Utd/Arsenal) etc then he'll move, fuck seeing him going to some shite like Southampton or Brighton.

Until KT has a decision to make about a move, I don't really see how he can "grow up".

Is he meant magically move without clubs making an offer?

6 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

"I wonder when Kieran Tierney will finally join a top league?"
"I wonder when Kieran Tierney will finally grow up and join a top league?"

Mate, you must see how these two sentences differ right? The first is a genuine question to which I would love the answer. The second is clearly suggesting that the fact he hasn't moved to a bigger team yet is down some form of immaturity on his behalf. So it could very obviously be construed as a dig. 

I actually quite like your cat-among-the-pigeons style on here, but if you're going to continue with it you're going to have to grow a thicker skin. Not everyone is on here to try and score points.

PS: Robbo for Prime Minister.

I suppose, at a pinch I can see how people would construe it as a dig. But it really wasn't. The "grow up" thing is probably the trigger, but it's off-set by the "I wonder when". It's not like I said "It's about time he grew up", if I did write that then yes, that would be a glaring dig.

Nah. Trust me, mate, my skin is as thick as a Rhino's rear.... a lot smoother, though, I'm pleased to say. :)

It does kinda feel like certain people (not you) are trying win points. I mean, fine, mock me for liking three at the back, but surely there's a statute of limitations. ;)  I don't mind, though. I can assure you.

I suppose another variable is that most top teams already have top quality left-backs, so I suppose we wait till all the planets are aligned.

29 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Younger. He'd only be 24, give or take a month or so. Providing it's the 10 as opposed to it getting stopped.

Would also imagine that is what he would do. Cement himself in Celtic history, piss off for 8 years or so to make his money, and then end it back at Celtic.

and by the age of 24 he will have played in a major international tournament too 😉

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He'll still be 21 if they do 8 this year, he'll still be 23 if they make 10-IAR.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Immature though . . . 

See? Someone trying  to score a point. :lol:

Fail.

My post was "When will he grow up..." not "Why hasn't he grown up...". See the difference? :)

Try again, though. I see that you've replaced Eire macaroon as my stalker.

:)

4 minutes ago, Stuart87 said:

Have there been any actual bids come in for Tierney that Celtic or he has rejected cos until that happens he can’t move anywhere?

He's been liked to Bournemouth and Everton in recent months, but I don't think there were any concrete bids.

I think if Celtic received a bid of £20m-£25m then they'd accept it, question is, would any team offer that amount? 

11 minutes ago, Chripper said:

He's been liked to Bournemouth and Everton in recent months, but I don't think there were any concrete bids.

I think if Celtic received a bid of £20m-£25m then they'd accept it, question is, would any team offer that amount? 

He'd be off his head to go to either.

I thought we were wanting our players playing at the top level. Neither of those sides are, or will be anywhere near Cl places, nor will they regularly be in Europe.

Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City or Liverpool would be a good move,.