Racism in football - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Racism in football

Just now, Orraloon said:

Is that racist though? 

I think that most people, would consider the inclusion of the guy's skin color, in the comment as racist. If the said person only shouts "ya useless barsteward", it ain't racist, just a comment on the players lack of talent.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

He called him a black bastard, it's pretty obvious from the footage. He then said he called him manc bastard and now is saying that he was abusing him with regards to his running style, he's backtracking like the coward he is.

Is it. Seems to me the voicing of manc and black might look very similar to the eye and that his story might be true. Instead of pretending you can read lips why has no one just asked the people standing around him. Did anyone corroborate it one way or the other? People are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty so has this been proven?

Just now, Mox said:

Extremely high blood pressure.

It is based on their skin colour.  You know that by the fact a non-white person is never called a gammon and never would be. That makes you a what by your own lofty standards? But of course it is different when you do it. So far we have more concrete evidence you are a racist than you have presented for the guy slagging Sterling.

Regarding the Hibs fan, what is more likely?

1.       This is the only time this guy has shouted racist abuse at a player, and he is just ‘very unlucky’ to get caught on national TV.

2.       He has been doing it for years, but this is the first time he’s been caught.

I know which my money is on.

These guys exist at every club; they need challenged and (whenever possible) emptied.

Just now, thplinth said:

It is based on their skin colour.  You know that by the fact a non-white person is never called a gammon and never would be. That makes you a what by your own lofty standards? But of course it is different when you do it. So far we have more concrete evidence you are a racist than you have presented for the guy slagging Sterling.

You've not got a clue about racism, all you and others like you do is trivialise racism, you've never experienced racism in your life you absolute whopper, the colour of your skin has never held you back. You're an old white British guy, you've benefitted from your skin colour all your life and now you've just turned into a sad old virgin, sitting in your mums spare room never leaving the gaff and pontificating about racism on the internet. You're a loser, there's no other term for it, a complete loser.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

You've not got a clue about racism, all you and others like you do is trivialise racism, you've never experienced racism in your life you absolute whopper, the colour of your skin has never held you back. You're an old white British guy, you've benefitted from your skin colour all your life and now you've just turned into a sad old virgin, sitting in your mums spare room never leaving the gaff and pontificating about racism on the internet. You're a loser, there's no other term for it, a complete loser.

hmmm... interesting reaction.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

hmmm... interesting reaction.

It's the reaction of any decent individual. You're clearly a very bitter and angry man and I don't understand what people like you are so upset about. You've been given a platform in recent years to air views that are completely unacceptable and vile and you should be called out for it.

Think of all that energy you're wasting in being so angry, it's time to take a step back in 2019 and you've got two choices. Spend the rest of your days being a bitter old bugger getting upset at racial and sexual parity or understanding why there is a still an ongoing fight for racial and sexual parity and embrace it, you'll feel much better for it.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's the reaction of any decent individual. You're clearly a very bitter and angry man and I don't understand what people like you are so upset about. You've been given a platform in recent years to air views that are completely unacceptable and vile and you should be called out for it.

Think of all that energy you're wasting in being so angry, it's time to take a step back in 2019 and you've got two choices. Spend the rest of your days being a bitter old bugger getting upset at racial and sexual parity or understanding why there is a still an ongoing fight for racial and sexual parity and embrace it, you'll feel much better for it.

Well from your delightful posts above I think it is pretty clear here who is the one is hugely prejudiced on many different levels and quite a nasty little character to boot.

I suggest you try to regain your composure before you make an even bigger cunt out of yourself.

Happy New Year. 

Just now, thplinth said:

Well from your delightful posts above I think it is pretty clear here who is the one is hugely prejudiced on many different levels and quite a nasty little character to boot.

I suggest you try to regain your composure before you make an even bigger cunt out of yourself.

Happy New Year. 

I don't like racists, thats not being hugely prejudiced, thats just normal, decent behaviour and as you tend to do, you try and undermine any response calling you out by calling into question someones composure or mental state, it's classic behaviour. Embrace the change my friend because you've got nothing to be scared of.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Toys out the pram when worldview challenged. Then calls people angry, is there not a shred of self awareness left anywhere in you?

Authoritarian numbskull just repeating memes. No wonder folk call you NPC's

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Mox said:

If you are unable to go to a game for 90 minutes and not abuse an opposition player based purely on the colour of their skin then you deserve all the punishment you get, the guy is clearly an arse and his age isn't an excuse.

I agree with that, but he is from a different generation and looks like a bit of a jakey, so probably hasn’t come across that much diversity in his life. It doesn’t excuse his behaviour, it just begins to explain why he feels it’s acceptable while most people won’t.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Regarding the Hibs fan, what is more likely?

1.       This is the only time this guy has shouted racist abuse at a player, and he is just ‘very unlucky’ to get caught on national TV.

2.       He has been doing it for years, but this is the first time he’s been caught.

I know which my money is on.

These guys exist at every club; they need challenged and (whenever possible) emptied.

You’re right, we hear stuff like that at games, probably from the same people and challenging them and/or getting rid of them would be to everyone’s benefit.

I suspect this guy is unlucky in the sense, a) he’s been caught

b) the consequences will probably be fairly substantial because of the circumstances.

Perhaps making an example will help, as it definitely appears to be on the rise again. Hence this thread with 3 or 4 incidents over the last 6 weeks.

Racism isn’t making a comeback as it’s never really went away. For some reason it’s just getting highlighted more lately 

Just on Saturday night there I was having a pish at half time and there was people along the troff singing about the Irish Republican Army to the tune of the slosh that Yinitit sing. Where’s the outrage from the some of the same people who no doubt are posting the same faux outrage about the auld cunt that was on tele.... I’ve no been able to get that IRA song oot my heid ever since.

They people getting upset about this most probably the same people at Ibrox last week shouting about about orange bastards then logging onto the computer greeting because some Hun called him a bead rattling cunt

Ive read forums and twitter/Facebook over the last couple of days and it’s all “aye but there’s more of them singing bad songs than us” if they are that bothered about it then they’d get their own houses in order first instead of dictating onto others

A problem is a problem is a problem. It doesn’t matter if it’s 50,000 Rangers and Hearts fans at Ibrox singing about being up their knees in fenian blood, 3,500 in the Away ends singing about joining the Ira, or a few people in a toilet singing party songs it’s never going to go away

Edited by DoonTheSlope

39 minutes ago, phart said:

Toys out the pram when worldview challenged. Then calls people angry, is there not a shred of self awareness left anywhere in you?

Authoritarian numbskull just repeating memes. No wonder folk call you NPC's

Of course I'm angry about racism, we should all be angry that's it creeping back into a sport that we all love. You and your pal are clearly comfortable with it, I'm not happy that players and people can't go to a game safe in the knowledge that won't be abused because of their colour, that is a disgrace and if you're happy to sit back and do nothing about it then you should be ashamed.

As for your last point, I've not got a fucking clue what you're on about.

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, Mox said:

I don't like racists, thats not being hugely prejudiced, thats just normal, decent behaviour and as you tend to do, you try and undermine any response calling you out by calling into question someones composure or mental state, it's classic behaviour. Embrace the change my friend because you've got nothing to be scared of.

You don't like folk with high blood pressure either? 

Made me think of this tweet from David Schneider:

‘Alt right: “Snowflake! Cuck! Remoaner! Libtard! Beta! SJW! Triggered!”

Left: “Gammon!”

Alt right: “How dare you call people names!"’

You could easily insert NPC into the first batch of Alt right insults.

I don’t really like the use of the term ‘Gammon’, at least in part because I probably look like ‘one’ (although I don’t have high blood pressure). Arguably Dickensian in origin, it doesn’t offend me because the characterisation is really about attitude, behaviour, political outlook and prejudice rather than race per se. It would be churlish to deny though that it is really only applied to one race.

I think the last genuinely racist thing I heard in person was a Dundee fan shout at Bobo Balde that he was a black bastard, some Dundee fan informed the police and he was lifted. 

‘Our’ issue is significantly more sectarian based than racist. 

27 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I think the last genuinely racist thing I heard in person was a Dundee fan shout at Bobo Balde that he was a black bastard, some Dundee fan informed the police and he was lifted. 

‘Our’ issue is significantly more sectarian based than racist. 

It’s a bit of a grey area for you boys when you play they Arab bastards

😉