Racism in football - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Racism in football

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Worst part is people congratulating for “coming a long way”.....why the fuck is it even happening in the first place? Well done for coming a long way?? Gies a break!!

What is wrong with congratulating for what has been achieved so far. We have gone from having thousands in stadiums calling blacks and others all sorts of derogatory names to a few neds at a few games so surely that has to be applauded. I don't for one minute think we should stop working to eradicate racism in football but I think credit where it is due.

Ian

3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Claims he called him a Manc C**t. Been banned from Chelsea and supposedly lost his job.

On a similar note, does anyone have any idea what the 2 Hearts fans were supposedly chanting at the Motherwell player? I have heard it suggested that they were singing "Stand up if you hate Kickback".....Any Jambo's got any opinions?

I haven’t actually heard or read about what specifically those two said, simply read it was racist abuse.

There were a couple of choruses of ‘Stand up if you hate kickback’ but that sounded (to me) like it was coming from towards the back corner of the main stand.

Edited by Pool Q

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, sbcmfc said:

Still hear the odd racist shout.

Not heard a racist chant since late 80s/early 90s.

“I’d rather be a paki than a hun” was semi- regularly belted out by the large majority of Hibs fans at Ibrox till around 2003sh

“David Obua peels bananas with his feet” was being chanted by some fans only a few years ago at a derby at Tynie

Edited by DoonTheSlope

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Hard Brexit brigade 

Not really, just a different generation. Some of them have just decided not to try to keep up with what the younger generations consider acceptable nowadays. 

I've no idea what that Hibee did though. I am guessing that there is probably a threatening and abusive element to his misdemeanor as well?

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not really, just a different generation. Some of them have just decided not to try to keep up with what the younger generations consider acceptable nowadays. 

I've no idea what that Hibee did though. I am guessing that there is probably a threatening and abusive element to his misdemeanor as well?

Different or older generation isn't an excuse.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, Tartan_McCole said:

I see the chap caught harassing Sterling has claimed he was just telling him he was shite and runs like a girl. Some cop out:lol:

He does run funny.

So is this guy being accused of racism just on the basis he was calling Sterling names rather than saying anything actually racist? 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

65 years old.

If they are going to start arresting every auld fuker who says something which is deemed to be "racist", our prisons will be 90% full of pensioners. Might free up some hospital beds though?

26 minutes ago, Mox said:

Different or older generation isn't an excuse.

Certainly not an excuse, but I have some sympathy for the guy as he’s probably going to be dealt with disproportionately harshly because he was at the football and caught on camera.

He’ll probably lose his job if he’s still working etc.

Guys like that need educated, although proportionate punishment would certainly encourage people to drag themselves into the 21st century...

Edited by sbcmfc

I have to be honest and say I personally have not heard any Racist chanting in Scottish football since the early 90's, however I do believe that it still go's on at a low level. Racist comments however, are still very common in the game, everybody at some point (If they are being honest) has heard the guy behind him at some point shout at a player "Ya useless black barsteward", or some other equally dodgy statement, but thankfully it is now very rare, but it still happens.

However in Engerlund it seems to be on the rise again, and from what i can gather, mainly fueled by the EDL mob. Thankfully they have only a very small presence in Scotland, but a presence all the same, and that is slightly worrying that some teams supporters, seem to glorify them, and give these racist scumfecks a home, where they are not needed or wanted.

On a lighter note, if there can be such a thing discussing racism, the generational aspect of racism, did give me one of the best laughs I have ever had, when Scotland played Nigeria, at Craven Cottage, a few years ago.

I am standing outside this pub with my wife talking away to a couple of Nigerian fans, when these 2 old dears out doing there shopping, stopped and asked us what we are all doing in London. I explained that we where all down for the game, one of them turned to her pal and said, "See I told you, the Jock's where playing the Sambo's", before just wandering off.

Me, my wife and the Nigerians, could only stand and laugh at them, as there was no point in getting upset at 2 old dears, who looked like my granny, and who where so set in the way's, that they in all probability did not know what the had said was racist

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Certainly not an excuse, but I have some sympathy for the guy as he’s probably going to be dealt with disproportionately harshly because he was at the football and caught on camera.

He’ll probably lose his job if he’s still working etc.

Guys like that need educated, although proportionate punishment would certainly encourage people to drag themselves into the 21st century...

If you are unable to go to a game for 90 minutes and not abuse an opposition player based purely on the colour of their skin then you deserve all the punishment you get, the guy is clearly an arse and his age isn't an excuse.

39 minutes ago, thplinth said:

He does run funny.

So is this guy being accused of racism just on the basis he was calling Sterling names rather than saying anything actually racist? 

He called him a black bastard, it's pretty obvious from the footage. He then said he called him manc bastard and now is saying that he was abusing him with regards to his running style, he's backtracking like the coward he is.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

If you are unable to go to a game for 90 minutes and not abuse an opposition player based purely on the colour of their skin then you deserve all the punishment you get, the guy is clearly an arse and his age isn't an excuse.

You call people "Gammons", what is that based on?