Racism in football - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Racism in football

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Sinclair incident then the Tynecastle one and not much said about them yet it happens at Stamford Bridge and the whole world is on it and rightly so.

Like sectarianism racism in Scotland is treated very much like the secret that the authorities wish to keep.

Don't think racism in Scottish football is anywhere close to the sectarianism problem and it's not just the authorities, the club's involved are a huge part of the problem by not doing enough to combat it

The biggest embarrassment for me, is the reaction to a few (and it is only a few) rockets abusing people because of their colour, while we sweep under the carpet, a far bigger issue of thousands of people every single week abusing people because of their religious denomination, and thousands glorifying terrorist organisations. Yes, the abuse dished out to Mbulu, Sinlcair,  Logan and others is ridiculous but we have far bigger social issues worthy of being dealt with in my opinion. 

In the 70s and 80s abusive chants happened at every single game. Some of  the abuse the dark players got was absolutely vile but so was some what non dark players got. There were chants about Kevin Keegan's dad days after he had died and Leeds fans chanting about Munich 58. Newcastle fans chanting about setting West ham fans alight after a Newcastle fan had thrown a petrol bomb into the West ham supporters. West ham supporters chanting about a Millwall fan being killed by a West Ham fan who had pushed him in front of a tube train. Players and supporters have suffered all forms of abuse and probably always will. The male of the species can be a very horrible thing especially when in a group. Put them in a football match environment and the become worse. The incidents that have happened recently should not be accepted but I do think that Stan Collimore and Ian Wright are sensationalising. Football has come a long way in dealing with abuse in all its forms and should be commended for that although there is still a way to go. We are all probably guilty of some form of abuse mainly at derby Matchs I would have thought.

Ian

Edited by hoofitharder

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Worst part is people congratulating for “coming a long way”.....why the fuck is it even happening in the first place? Well done for coming a long way?? Gies a break!!

Always gonna be a minority of not very nice people. 

The utopia free of all forms of abuse doesn’t exist. 

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

The biggest embarrassment for me, is the reaction to a few (and it is only a few) rockets abusing people because of their colour, while we sweep under the carpet, a far bigger issue of thousands of people every single week abusing people because of their religious denomination, and thousands glorifying terrorist organisations. Yes, the abuse dished out to Mbulu, Sinlcair,  Logan and others is ridiculous but we have far bigger social issues worthy of being dealt with in my opinion. 

Correct, throw a few people out of the ground for abusing someones race - good but then let them sing and fire abuse at people based on religion. Hypocrisy at its finest

52 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Worst part is people congratulating for “coming a long way”.....why the fuck is it even happening in the first place? Well done for coming a long way?? Gies a break!!

I think the point is Scotland as a whole has moved on and left a few knuckledraggers behind rather than people now being  just less racist.

Racist behaviour is now being highlighted and condemned by the majority rather than being accepted or laughed off.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Correct, throw a few people out of the ground for abusing someones race - good but then let them sing and fire abuse at people based on religion. Hypocrisy at its finest

No it's not. You don't have choice over which race you are. If you choose to be associated with some god bothering sect you should really be aware that the chances are that you'll likely be abused by a competing god bothering sect in order to establish who has the best sky fairy. As for the terrorism bit, that's also a choice, terrorist or freedom fighter, depending on which side of the fence you are on, again expect abuse from those on the other side.

45 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No it's not. You don't have choice over which race you are. If you choose to be associated with some god bothering sect you should really be aware that the chances are that you'll likely be abused by a competing god bothering sect in order to establish who has the best sky fairy. As for the terrorism bit, that's also a choice, terrorist or freedom fighter, depending on which side of the fence you are on, again expect abuse from those on the other side.

we will have t agree to disagree on this, I see at as blatant hypocrisy and I don't see why someone should be abused because of what they believe in or what colour their skin is. The part in bold is genuinely ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I see the chap caught harassing Sterling has claimed he was just telling him he was shite and runs like a girl. Some cop out:lol:

Claims he called him a Manc C**t. Been banned from Chelsea and supposedly lost his job.

On a similar note, does anyone have any idea what the 2 Hearts fans were supposedly chanting at the Motherwell player? I have heard it suggested that they were singing "Stand up if you hate Kickback".....Any Jambo's got any opinions?

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Keep seeing all the huns going to Vienna telling all their fellow bears to not post anything to social media whilst across there. Would it not be easier just to behave yourself and not behave like an arsehole?

"And embdy that grasses tae the polis or the papers is gonnae get their heid kicked in...."