2019 Women's World Cup Draw - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2019 Women's World Cup Draw

Clyde1998

The draw for the Women's World Cup gets made at 5pm in Paris today.

• Pot 1: United States, Germany, France (hosts), England, Canada, Australia
  • Pot 2: Netherlands, Japan, Sweden, Brazil, Spain, Norway
  • Pot 3: South Korea, China, Italy, New Zealand, Scotland, Thailand
  • Pot 4: Argentina, Chile, Nigeria, Cameroon, South Africa, Jamaica

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Scotland v England

Pish. That’s really disappointing, because now it’ll all be about England v Scotland instead of Scotland’s first World Cup. And guess where the majority of the coverage will be for that. And how intensely faking patronising it’ll be.

10 minutes ago, biffer said:

Pish. That’s really disappointing, because now it’ll all be about England v Scotland instead of Scotland’s first World Cup. And guess where the majority of the coverage will be for that. And how intensely faking patronising it’ll be.

Even sweeter if we win.

This draw creates the odd situation of Scotland being able to put out England out of the World Cup and GB & NI out of the Olympics {my understanding that GB & NI can only go to the olympics if they are one of the top three European teams in the World Cup}

Pity first game is so far away from Brussels but Japan  in Rennes on 14th could tie in better with Scotland v Belgium three days earlier

14 hours ago, magicTs said:

Could not have drawn a much tougher group than that....

Not really. In fact based on ranking points, we're in the toughest group.

The one positive about playing England is that it gives us a gauge on how far we've come since Euro 2017. On paper we have to be beating Argentina if we're going to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase, so it really comes down to how well we do against Japan - who've reached the final in the last two World Cups. A couple of sides did reach the knockout rounds with three points in the last World Cup by keeping their goal difference down - so even if we can't get anything from England or Japan, we still have a chance of getting through the group.

On Sportscene Just before the draw they asked a player what the hardest draw and the easiest would be..  

The Lassie hoped they would avoid England/Japan and Argentina.....  as that would be extremely difficult......

ooops.... nae luck.

Easiest had Canada Cameroon and Portugal  I think.......

Japan game is being played in Rennes which is a doddle for us to get to. An hour on the boat to St.Malo and less than an hour on the train to Rennes.

That said, if the game was getting played in my back garden, I wouldnae open my curtains. 

Thinking of tying in Rennes with the Belgium game.   Will the SSC get any ticket allocation for the Women's games I wonder?

FIFA are currently selling only multi-game package, and  say individual game tickets will go on sale 1st qtr. next year if available.

Let's hope otherwise - but supposing it starts with a hounding v England. Kim Little has a bit of a shocker. England then go on to the semis or final, qualifying the ghastly 'TEAMGEEBEE' for the Olympics. TEAMGEEBEE is, of course, really just England plus one or two others. Kim Little gets selected.

Such a situation, even though entirely innocent, would reek.  Not sure how FIFA accept it.