Music. Do you play? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Music. Do you play?

I play weddings, funerals, retirement, you name it. Just designing a new website for my Bagpiping gigs, well my wife is doing it for me. Good bit of money to be made over here if you promote yourself properly. Everyone loves the Bagpipes. Done a few gigs with bands on stage with me on the Pipes. I love it, even better I get paid for it.ย 

39 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I play weddings, funerals, retirement, you name it. Just designing a new website for my Bagpiping gigs, well my wife is doing it for me. Good bit of money to be made over here if you promote yourself properly. Everyone loves the Bagpipes. Done a few gigs with bands on stage with me on the Pipes. I love it, even better I get paid for it.ย 

Ormond has just written his tamb suicide note maybe you could play a wee tune for the guy ย ๐Ÿ˜

Good on ye, Ramy. Were the pipes difficult to learn?

I started off playing bass guitar then moved on to guitar, and can play a bit of drums (just your basic 4/4, keep a beat, etc) played all three in bands at some point.

And now I'm trying to learn piano. It is going slowly, but I am enjoying it.

7 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I started off playing bass guitar then moved on to guitar, and can play a bit of drums (just your basic 4/4, keep a beat, etc) played all three in bands at some point.

Cheers Kevin. I actually took to the pipes quite quickly because I had a real desire to learn and play them. It was very difficult at first. You need loads of patience if you want to be a good Bagpiper. Only problem was practice. I lived in a flat, so no practicing there. I went to the local church were they allowed me to practice when no one was around. Paid off as I am now an accomplished Bagpiper and well known in Ottawa. I honestly love playing my Bagpipes. Best decision I ever made.

22 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Stick with it Kevie. I know it's hard, but if you enjoy it, it will be worth it in the end. Trust me mate.ย 

26 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Used to be a bit of a recorderist myself, 3 blind mice and Jesus hands were kind hands were my top tunes.ย 

Och, anyoneย can do 3 blind mice, thats no being a musician .

๐Ÿค”Jesus Hands however is quite impressive. Is that the same as โ€˜jesus hands are very wonderful ?โ€™

Just tapping away here on my imaginery tambourine. Me likey that tuneย ๐Ÿ‘

I played various brass instruments as a kid but settled on BBb Bass & was qualified to professional standard (Grade 8 & had offers to turn professional with a couple of top brass bands & an offer to tour Japan).

I couldn't be arsed though because they rehearsed the same night as Huddersfield played their (at that time 4th Division) midweek home matches...as they say, what a shame youth is wasted on the young.

At the risk of sounding like a burned out old footballer though, I did a couple of gigs with a local band a few years ago & in spite of being 30 years out of practice, I still had it ๐Ÿ“ฏ

On 12/7/2018 at 3:03 AM, Stapes said:

I play guitar (badly). Played in bands many moons ago and made a few recordings. If I say so myself, my voice is awesome ๐Ÿ˜‚. I got up at a karaoke recently and I was surprised how well it's held up.ย 

Done the Karaoke in Glasgow 3 year ago. Proclaimers. I was fuckin brilliant. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ˜—

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Did you sing "Throw the "R" Away" so that you could pretend to be "Big Amy" for the night?;)

Don't say that I used to go wae big Amy you've wasted it nowย ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by bonzo

7 hours ago, bonzo said:

Some swimmer as wellย ๐Ÿ˜†

I will never live that one down. 10 year ago I said I would swim through the shark infested waters of the freezing Allantic ocean to see Scotland. I will own it to this day. Nice one Bonzo. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘