Venue - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

jailer

As mentioned in a previous post. I also believe the game will be played in Astana for the following reasons.

Almaty has an old communist style stadium with only a main stand and the other 3 sides open. There’s also a running track and I very much doubt, looking at pictures of the stadium it has underground heating. Their climate would not guarantee them being able to host a game in Almaty. They play the odd game in Almaty but not normal during March or November.

The stadium in Astana is new with a retractable roof and an artificial surface. It could stage a game all year round. The hosts wouldn’t want to embarrass themselves with UEFA by having a game called off in Almaty, when they already have an ideal stadium in Astana.

This is why I am convinced the game will be in Astana and the have told UEFA them can host a home game during March.

Its also the first game of their campaign and will want to give themselves the best opportunity to have a positive start. They play Russia at home 3 days after our game.

I have talked myself into believing the game will be in Astana and have booked my flights!

Cat

This is definitely a point worth making given that Astana and Almaty are over 1200km apart. So you're buggered if you go to the wrong place!

Looking at Kazakhstan's fixtures it seems they've only played one home game in Almaty since the start of 2016. So if you;ve booked Astana you're probably safe but I'm gonna hold off just in case.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, jailer said:

Ready to book flights but has it been confirmed that the game is in Astana? Is there any possibility of Almaty being the venue.

Travel safe mate, we'll see you out there!

9 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Another deadline missed then , you'd wonder why they bother  .........

They actually do not need to announce it, just inform UEFA where the game will be, who will then sign off on it, so they are still within the rules.