Hotels in Astana - Page 2 - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hotels in Astana

saintsparky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, aberscot 58 said:

Grand Park Hotel for me....Think there's an "irish" pub nae too far called Harrats...

Mr. Umnio’s the man for the nightlife. He sends me something he says is aboot the boozers and it’s 80% aboot emptying yer goolies. 😂

23 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Mr. Umnio’s the man for the nightlife. He sends me something he says is aboot the boozers and it’s 80% aboot emptying yer goolies. 😂

Dirty mind, it was just a list of nice pubs. You just looked at the pictures though 😃

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Will-i-am77 said:

I'm staying in a brand new hostel, Hostel Forum, that's £6 a night. Anyone else staying here?

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is

A few years back in Latvia I thought I’d knocked it off when I found a hostel for £10 a night. It turned out it wasn’t a travellers hostel like it was advertised, it was mainly used by down and outs and battered wives

If I was you and had spent x-amount on flights I’d sure as fuck be splashing out another £20 odds on somewhere with your own room and own shithoose

But, different strokes suit different folks

On 3/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is

A few years back in Latvia I thought I’d knocked it off when I found a hostel for £10 a night. It turned out it wasn’t a travellers hostel like it was advertised, it was mainly used by down and outs and battered wives

If I was you and had spent x-amount on flights I’d sure as fuck be splashing out another £20 odds on somewhere with your own room and own shithoose

But, different strokes suit different folks

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Thanks for the advice though but l've stayed in hostels all around the world. And yes they can be a bit hit n miss at times although l will say generally most are fine if you do your homework. I've checked this one out via hostelworld and it looks good. There's only 1 review as it's really new by an American (in my experience they are generally fussy) and they gave it an excellent review. I'll take the risk. The hostel l stayed in Albania was same price and it was good enough. My reasoning is l don't have a lot of money and ld rather spend it on beer. Where you lay your head is here nor there when you are 3 sheets to the wind!

1 hour ago, saintsparky said:

Just checked my booking for Grand Park Esil, and for the bargain price of £34 a night for the room, i appear to have......

DINNER, bed and breakfast!

This place is cheap as chips...

I’m only getting bed and breakfast for £38 😥

20 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Is there any particular reason why almost everyone has booked the G-Empire?

Is that the best location?

Or was it just a good deal?

Decent price for 4 star that’s what swung it for me, although that being said some countries have their  own idea  4 star. we’ll see 

Edited by jcs

Cheers guys.

I was enquiring because I haven't quite figured out where the best location actually is... and Google street view do not appear to have been to Astana.

Based on next to nothing, I've concluded, the cross-roads of Republika Avenue and Kenesary Street is the heart of the centre, but who knows.

Despite the extraordinary modern architecture, I get the impression south of the river will be a tad soulless and I imagine, a bit shit after sundown.  

• 2 weeks later...