Russian visa - Page 4 - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russian visa

CAT

Okay mine took 10 days to come from Edinburgh and I am in Moray and not the Western isles. Fair warning to those who haven't applied yet.

Oh and as to my old passport details I put in rough dates and supplied a typed and signed covering letter to say my old passports had been shredded following the advice provided by others here. The blonde one kept the covering letter. She wasn't interested in my travel insurance at all but I had that covered just in case.

i was in russia earlier this year- used booking.com and they had a relationship with visit st petersburg outfit for a free visa support letter for the application- you need the booking,com reference, Once i got the visa. i cancelled the hotels for free at booking.com. worth a go if you fancy winging it on the cheap.A lso works with moscow hotels. net

Edited by Snorkey
er

My mate and I visited the Edinburgh Visa office yesterday. Absolutely no problem. In and out in 15 minutes. The blonde lady was particularly helpful. We had both completed the application form showing we were staying for a week, but when we booked our flights etc we decided to go for 4 days. The Invitation from our Hotel therefore had different dates which she queried but in the end let it pass. Thanks to the TA for the helpful guidance notes, much appreciated.

I went to the Visa Centre in Edinburgh on 23 July and got my passport back eight days later.

I waited and waited for the visa to arrive then eventually contacted the Visa Centre.  I was advised to contact the courier DX.

I just discovered the visa is INSIDE the passport.

Please tell me I am not the only one.

We visited the Edinburgh Visa centre yesterday and the systems were down woman said they had started having issues on Wednesday. At 10:35 system started working again so we've managed to get ours, mine took a bit longer because the printers were playing up. No dramas with the actual application and during the downtime they were pre-checking your documents. She explained the passports get send away and return to the visa centre in 5 working days then if you've chosen to have them posted they post them, so she said we should expect to receive ours around 7/8 working days.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, Ayr Storm said:

I went to the Visa Centre in Edinburgh on 23 July and got my passport back eight days later.

I waited and waited for the visa to arrive then eventually contacted the Visa Centre.  I was advised to contact the courier DX.

Fuck sake :lol:

16 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

On 8/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ayr Storm said:

You're the only one😂

Edited by Catchart Circle

On 8/31/2019 at 2:04 AM, Ayr Storm said:

Where the fuck do you think they would they put the visa?

Honestly, the two visa threads on here are very worrying.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ayr Storm said:

Ha Ha!

The clue was actually at the start of the application Ayr Storm where it stated you were required to have two blank pages in your passport😁

Your passport was out of your sight for a considerable period of time, but when it was returned to you, you didn't even flick through it?

You're trusting...

I'd have checked just to make sure nae fecker had drawn a cock 'n' baws in it.

😂😂😂😂😂