Russian visa - Page 3 - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russian visa

CAT

Probably going to the stupid questions pile. But I got a knockback at the Visa Application Centre cause I didn't have my invitation letter printed.

It was done thru the Russia National Tourist Office and I have a reference number and everything, but I'm pretty adamant they haven't sent me anything to print off. Anyone had trouble tracking that down using the same site? I sent a request to the RNTO website with the ref number to send it across.

Been to London Russion Visa office yesterday. As long as you have something written in the boxes including unknown they are happy. They are taking the full 20 days until they return our passports unless we paid an extra 70 quid each. We handed over £230.40 for the two of us so 20 days it is. Never questioned the content on the form. Even took the money before the fingerprints. 

10 hours ago, dan cake said:

What did folk that don’t know their old passport details do? The boxes had to be filled in

Confirm yes to having previous passports. Then use a random number for each one. I used all zeros. Guess the dates,  it's usually every 10 years. Confirm they are expired. Add a signed letter to the application confirming you have had previous passports but they have now expired and that you destroyed them and no longer have the details.

Worked fine for mine at Edinburgh. The embassy takes 5 days to turn it round unless you pay the express service.

Apart from some of the personal details the process is fairly straightforward.

• 3 weeks later...

That was my form handed in this morning in Leith. It took about 5 minutes and no hassles. They kept the covering letter that said I had shredded old passports. I would have been out of the place faster but there was 8 folk in the queue ahead of me

One bloke forgot to fill in the phone  number bit oops.