How to get to San Marino - Page 2 - San Marino v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How to get to San Marino

23 hours ago, argylescribes said:

BA from Heathrow to Bologna, then train to Rimini. Bus to the match hopefully

I'm on the 0835 BA flight from Heathrow on Saturday morning to Bologna and booked on the 1532 train to Rimini and arrive Rimini at 1703 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Flights from Aberdeen 

Flights

11:30 - 17:20 Aberdeen - Paris - Bologna  Friday 22nd March

07:00 - 10:50 Bologna - Paris - Bologna  Monday 25th March

£194.

Hotel

Club House Hotel twin room. (Next to Rose & Crown pub and on strip)

£164 (£82 pp)

To/From Airport

Bologna - Rimini shuttle

18:30 - 20:00 Bologna airport - Rimini Station 22nd March

03:30 - 05:00 Rimini Station - Bologna Airport 25th March

35 euros pp

Comes to around £300 per person

On 12/12/2018 at 8:03 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Any recommendations for pubs to watch the Kazakhstan game in Edinburgh before heading to the airport?

I’m assuming your coming on the train from the west?

Give Platform 5 a visit, decent food, big screens and reasonable drink prices. It’s right opposite haymarket train station and the tram stop which will take you straight to the airport. You can also get the 100 bus 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

15 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Give Platform 5 a visit, decent food, big screens and reasonable drink prices. It’s right opposite haymarket train station and the tram stop which will take you straight to the airport. You can also get the 100 bus 

Good shout actually. Went there for something to eat after a game at Tynecastle and the food was excellent.

Problem is that a lot of places might be hesitant to have the sound up for the match given it's 3pm Thursday afternoon.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, j b lyons said:

I'm on the 0835 BA flight from Heathrow on Saturday morning to Bologna and booked on the 1532 train to Rimini and arrive Rimini at 1703 👍

We are on that flight. Not got anything sorted to get us from Bologna to Rimini. Was just going to wing it as every time I’ve flown BA recently I’ve been late. 

Ryanair and EasyJet, bang on time. Go figure?

J

On 1/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Coming through on the bus instead now, any suggestions for pubs near the bus station/Waverley? Not going to bother with Ted's gig as we'll be at the one in San Marino

Someone mentioned a sports bar near Waverley that is good for watching games, but didn't know the name of it

18 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Coming through on the bus instead now, any suggestions for pubs near the bus station/Waverley? Not going to bother with Ted's gig as we'll be at the one in San Marino

Someone mentioned a sports bar near Waverley that is good for watching games, but didn't know the name of it

The 900 bus will stop at Haymarket too I’m sure, Towards Waverley and the bus station you’ll have Tiles that will most likely show the game opposite RBS at St Andrews Sqaure. Tram stop right outside and airport bus terminus 5 minutes away across princes street at Waverley Bridge

Theres a big pub actually on Waverley Bridge where Jimmy Chungs was. Not sure if they show sport though

Id be certain that the Globe will show it on Niddry Street. Up the bridges on your left then first right past the bank bar. Bit of a shithole when I was last in but they used to show live games

19 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The 900 bus will stop at Haymarket too I’m sure, Towards Waverley and the bus station you’ll have Tiles that will most likely show the game opposite RBS at St Andrews Sqaure. Tram stop right outside and airport bus terminus 5 minutes away across princes street at Waverley Bridge

Theres a big pub actually on Waverley Bridge where Jimmy Chungs was. Not sure if they show sport though

Id be certain that the Globe will show it on Niddry Street. Up the bridges on your left then first right past the bank bar. Bit of a shithole when I was last in but they used to show live games

Cheers

The pub on Waverley bridge is a Weatherspoons I'm sure, so doubt they'll have it. Any idea the name of this sports bar my mate was talking about?

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Cheers

The pub on Waverley bridge is a Weatherspoons I'm sure, so doubt they'll have it. Any idea the name of this sports bar my mate was talking about?

There was Sportsers but that shut down years ago. That’s a Brewhemia now. Never been in so don’t know if they show sport or not

Belushis maybe? On market street, that’s actually a decent shout come to think off it. Never been in the Edinburgh one I don’t think but have been in a couple elsewhere and it was wall to wall TVs all showing different things

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Cheers

As DTS says, Sportsers right out the back of Waverley is now Brewhemia and definitely not a football bar. Belushi's is your best shout. Bills itself as a sports bar, right at start of Market St, probably about 100 yards from where bus stops.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in! Hopefully someone can help... Flying Edinburgh-Milan, getting in to Milan at 09.45 on Saturday and flying out of Milan at 14.45 on Monday afternoon. Would I be best getting to Rimini by train? Also, can someone point point me in the direction of where most folk will be gathering over the weekend? Female solo-traveller here, who will need some tartan army company!😅