How to get to San Marino - San Marino v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How to get to San Marino

7 minutes ago, PlessTa said:

Direct flights edi - rome (£100) Ryanair then train to stay in Rimini fri - mon 

Rome a lot further south and on wrong side of the country, so you will have to go a fair chunk of the way up Italy to go across and then back down again.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Rome a lot further south and on wrong side of the country, so you will have to go a fair chunk of the way up Italy to go across and then back down again.

It’s only working out 4 hours on a train so was quicker than an indirect flight 

We arrive in to Bologna, arriving late friday night and leave from there on Monday evening. Edi via Stansted both ways. £110ish. 

Will probably stay in Bologna all 3 nights but not 100% sure. Will definitely be there for the first night anyway, with possibly Saturday and Sunday nights in Rimini. 

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not booked yet but probably going to go for Edinburgh to Milan then get the train to San Marino on the morning of the game and back that night.

Is the 5pm kick off local time?

Nah, think it's 6pm local time. 

You been to Milan before? It's certainly not where i'd pick to stay. Pretty shite nightlife in my experience. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

We arrive in to Bologna, arriving late friday night and leave from there on Monday evening. Edi via Stansted both ways. £110ish. 

Will probably stay in Bologna all 3 nights but not 100% sure. Will definitely be there for the first night anyway, with possibly Saturday and Sunday nights in Rimini. 

How would you be planning to travel between Bologna and San Marino if you stayed in Bologna for all 3 days?

We will most likely be in Bologna Friday night, but haven't decided what to do after. I got a taxi quote of over £500 for a return between the two places.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've been in Bologna twice this year for football (April and a weekend before last), 3 nights both times, and its a great city. Will drop you a message with some tips. Weekend before last had a cracking AirBNB just off the main nightlife street.  

9 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

How would you be planning to travel between Bologna and San Marino if you stayed in Bologna for all 3 days?

We will most likely be in Bologna Friday night, but haven't decided what to do after. I got a taxi quote of over £500 for a return between the two places.

If we were staying in Bologna we would probably just get the train to Rimini first thing Sunday, then back from there at night (last departure to Bologna on the Sunday is just after 10pm & first departure on Monday AM is 2:59am). With a supporters bus (assuming someone arranges some :lol: ) for the Rimini to San Marino return. 

8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I've been in Bologna twice this year for football (April and a weekend before last), 3 nights both times, and its a great city. Will drop you a message with some tips. Weekend before last had a cracking AirBNB just off the main nightlife street.  

Cheers, DBTA. Much appreciated! 

For southern England based fans - BA flights from Heathrow to Bologna for as little as £118 (I had Avios points so only cost me£57 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😀)

Train from Bologna to Rimini is roughly 90 minutes and basic prices come in around €10-20 return & more than 2 an hour.

Good quality hotels are as cheap as £70 For 2 nights. Best value away trip I have had in ages coming in at less than £170 👏😎

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nah, think it's 6pm local time. 

You been to Milan before? It's certainly not where i'd pick to stay. Pretty shite nightlife in my experience. 

Aye I was there for the Celtic game in 2004. Not one of my favourite places either but looks the quickest and cheapest option.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, PlessTa said:

Direct flights edi - rome (£100) Ryanair then train to stay in Rimini fri - mon 

Yep, 3 of us flying Edi/Rome on Ryanair. Accommodation being booked in Rimini tomorrow. We’re travelling on saturday though. You booking train tickets now or waiting till closer to the time in case Ryanair change flight times?  Noticed cheapest tickets are non changeable.