Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Willie Miller's tache

How to get to San Marino

Recommended Posts

I gather Rimini is the nearest airport but hardly any flights go there. Anybody know of other airports which have good connections to SM?

And will the game def be in San Marino, rather than somewhere in Italy?

Edited by Willie Miller's tache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bologna was the route last time & jump on train/bus - stay in Rimini - service bus to San Marino for game 

as   recall there is no great reason to stay in SM  

Edited by euan2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PlessTa said:

Direct flights edi - rome (£100) Ryanair then train to stay in Rimini fri - mon 

Rome a lot further south and on wrong side of the country, so you will have to go a fair chunk of the way up Italy to go across and then back down again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glasgow to Bologna, indirect flight via Amsterdam with KLM. Saturday morning to Monday night. 

Will be taking the train from Bologna to Rimini and staying there. 

Flights plus hotel about 200 all in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked Edinburgh - Stansted - Venice - Edinburgh, Friday-Monday, (£100 all in) will get the train down to Rimini (2.5 hours) and stay there then bus it to the game on Sunday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

3 of us Edi - Milan, £55 a head, another 2 £70 a head.

Booked trains from Milan to Rimini - £60 return.

Night in Milan and 2 in Rimini.

What site did you book the train on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Rome a lot further south and on wrong side of the country, so you will have to go a fair chunk of the way up Italy to go across and then back down again.

It’s only working out 4 hours on a train so was quicker than an indirect flight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We arrive in to Bologna, arriving late friday night and leave from there on Monday evening. Edi via Stansted both ways. £110ish. 

Will probably stay in Bologna all 3 nights but not 100% sure. Will definitely be there for the first night anyway, with possibly Saturday and Sunday nights in Rimini. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last time I was there most people stayed in Rimini and it was completely bouncing.

Just a short trip to San Marino for the game rather than an extra hour and a bit from Bologna.

In the Passport Travel days right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not booked yet but probably going to go for Edinburgh to Milan then get the train to San Marino on the morning of the game and back that night.

Is the 5pm kick off local time?

Nah, think it's 6pm local time. 

You been to Milan before? It's certainly not where i'd pick to stay. Pretty shite nightlife in my experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

We arrive in to Bologna, arriving late friday night and leave from there on Monday evening. Edi via Stansted both ways. £110ish. 

Will probably stay in Bologna all 3 nights but not 100% sure. Will definitely be there for the first night anyway, with possibly Saturday and Sunday nights in Rimini. 

How would you be planning to travel between Bologna and San Marino if you stayed in Bologna for all 3 days?

We will most likely be in Bologna Friday night, but haven't decided what to do after. I got a taxi quote of over £500 for a return between the two places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

We arrive in to Bologna, arriving late friday night and leave from there on Monday evening. Edi via Stansted both ways. £110ish. 

Will probably stay in Bologna all 3 nights but not 100% sure. Will definitely be there for the first night anyway, with possibly Saturday and Sunday nights in Rimini. 

I've been in Bologna twice this year for football (April and a weekend before last), 3 nights both times, and its a great city. Will drop you a message with some tips. Weekend before last had a cracking AirBNB just off the main nightlife street.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

How would you be planning to travel between Bologna and San Marino if you stayed in Bologna for all 3 days?

We will most likely be in Bologna Friday night, but haven't decided what to do after. I got a taxi quote of over £500 for a return between the two places.

If we were staying in Bologna we would probably just get the train to Rimini first thing Sunday, then back from there at night (last departure to Bologna on the Sunday is just after 10pm & first departure on Monday AM is 2:59am). With a supporters bus (assuming someone arranges some :lol: ) for the Rimini to San Marino return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I've been in Bologna twice this year for football (April and a weekend before last), 3 nights both times, and its a great city. Will drop you a message with some tips. Weekend before last had a cracking AirBNB just off the main nightlife street.  

Cheers, DBTA. Much appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For southern England based fans - BA flights from Heathrow to Bologna for as little as £118 (I had Avios points so only cost me£57 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😀)

Train from Bologna to Rimini is roughly 90 minutes and basic prices come in around €10-20 return & more than 2 an hour.

Good quality hotels are as cheap as £70 For 2 nights. Best value away trip I have had in ages coming in at less than £170 👏😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Via Stansted to Bologna for us. Saturday morning then home Tuesday. Staying Saturday & Sunday in Rimini then up to Bologna on the Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nah, think it's 6pm local time. 

You been to Milan before? It's certainly not where i'd pick to stay. Pretty shite nightlife in my experience. 

Aye I was there for the Celtic game in 2004. Not one of my favourite places either but looks the quickest and cheapest option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 of us flying to Bologna from Gatwick. Staying Fri night in Bologna and 2 nights Rimini. Train return booked Bologna-Rimini £16.95 via Trainline (got e-tickets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, PlessTa said:

Direct flights edi - rome (£100) Ryanair then train to stay in Rimini fri - mon 

Yep, 3 of us flying Edi/Rome on Ryanair. Accommodation being booked in Rimini tomorrow. We’re travelling on saturday though. You booking train tickets now or waiting till closer to the time in case Ryanair change flight times?  Noticed cheapest tickets are non changeable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked train tickets last night £85pp return through trenitalia - we found was the cheapest site. Get in at 1035 and booked the 1419 train as 1143 would of been too tight and to give us some room for Ryanair’s usual delays 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×