Where are you going to stay? - San Marino v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you going to stay?

jcluk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time everyone stayed in Rimini.

Bologna is a lot further up to make it a good base camp.

Rimini is Italy's answer to Blackpool, so with the game taking place outside of the holiday season, a lot of the place will be shut for the winter.

Last time me and my mates drank in Copacabana's (which must be popular with the TA from previous games, as they had lots of photos on the walls of Scotland fans from 1991 and 1995), Shooters, and the Rose and Crown on the main square (where buses to the game left from)

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Last time everyone stayed in Rimini.

Bologna is a lot further up to make it a good base camp.

Rimini is Italy's answer to Blackpool, so with the game taking place outside of the holiday season, a lot of the place will be shut for the winter.

Last time me and my mates drank in Copacabana's (which must be popular with the TA from previous games, as they had lots of photos on the walls of Scotland fans from 1991 and 1995), Shooters, and the Rose and Crown on the main square (where buses to the game left from)

Yeah, the Rose & Crown was our base the last time and was a great laugh for a few days.  One of barmaids was Scottish, if I remember rightly, and she was absolutely made up that her pub had been "chosen" !

1 minute ago, Shotts56 said:

Yeah, the Rose & Crown was our base the last time and was a great laugh for a few days.  One of barmaids was Scottish, if I remember rightly, and she was absolutely made up that her pub had been "chosen" !

Was a good pub, one thing that always stood out was the amount of football shirts and scarfs from the 1970's and 80's that were pinned to the walls and ceilings.

Edited by wanderer

Hotel Derby on beachfront in Rimini @ €79 for two nights - great value

Sittingbourne TA on tour - all one of me 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Is there a website that lets you search routes via a certain city?

Like for example, if you want to fly via Dusseldorf to Bologna, is there a way to search it as the one booking or does it have to be done as two separate ones like Glasgow to Dusseldorf and then Dusseldorf to Bologna?

Edit: just seen Skyscanner have this option on the app if you click multi city next to one way and return

Edited by Scotland Ever More

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

What dates for that route? 

Glasgow-Dusseldorf flights are daily and Dusseldorf-Bologna are daily except Saturdays.

The times don't fit, so we'll be staying over in Dusseldorf each way.   In & out of Bologna 22nd & 26th.

Just now, Red & Yellow Magpie said:

Going to stay in Bologna and maybe do a day trip to Florence as Rimini will be dead at that time of year

Rimini won’t be dead when the TA arrive...plenty of good hotel deals ther at the moment