Venue - Page 2 - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Big Well

32 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Think Volgograd looks a cracking place to visit seeing it on tv in the WC 

It was the poorer of the three cities I visited during the WC. Moscow and particularly Kazan were a lot better. 

Having said that we were only there three nights and one of those days was taken up with a game so didn’t see as much of Volgograd compared to the other two. 

The hike up to the Mother Russia statue was cracking though, although the 40 degree heat was brutal 🥵

1 minute ago, tartanmartin said:

point 26.02 in here: https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/54/36/05/2543605_DOWNLOAD.pdf

all venues to be announced by the host nation 120 days in advance of the fixture.

That confrms what I have been told.

I emailed the supporters club this morning as i need to get to Turkey after the game so need tp know where we will be. They literally replied 5 mins ago to say they will not know the venue till later in the year . 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, adamntg said:

So potentially no news till June?  Would love to go to this if it were Moscow, St Petersburg or Kaliningrad.  

I really hope it's not Kaliningrad - it was boring as hell back in 2010 pre-Lithuania.

It may have improved since the WC, and the burds are cracking, but still not a great place.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My gut feel is St Pete. Belgium will probably play in Luzhniki as they are likely to be the big draw for the Russian fans. Given we are likely to have the biggest away support (even after the Kazakhstan and San marino debacle) in the group I don't think the Russian authorities will make it too difficult for us to get to, hence St Pete. Living in Moscow though I, off course, want it to be here. It could however be any of the other white elephant stadiums built for the World Cup. Most of those cities are served reasonably well by flights from Moscow, but it'll be a scramble for seats nonetheless if it's somewhere like Kazan or Samara.

2 hours ago, McChouffe said:

My gut feel is St Pete. Belgium will probably play in Luzhniki as they are likely to be the big draw for the Russian fans. Given we are likely to have the biggest away support (even after the Kazakhstan and San marino debacle) in the group I don't think the Russian authorities will make it too difficult for us to get to, hence St Pete. Living in Moscow though I, off course, want it to be here. It could however be any of the other white elephant stadiums built for the World Cup. Most of those cities are served reasonably well by flights from Moscow, but it'll be a scramble for seats nonetheless if it's somewhere like Kazan or Samara.

Damn you , when this jumped I thought the venue had been announced , if they want to keep it easy it might be Kaliningrad , don’t really fancy it though 🙄

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

So I suppose we've still not heard anything official as we've now got into the 120 period?

I imagine Russia of all federations have probably got the likes of UEFA in their pocket when it comes to these sorts of things.

The SFA could always do something useful and ask them or UEFA to get their finger out their arses