Flights/Train/Boat - Page 2 - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights/Train/Boat

Slide tackle

On 12/5/2018 at 6:05 PM, weekevie04 said:

This might be my only trip of the qualifiers, but is Brussels that bad?

Might end up staying in Bruges too down to it does look very pretty and that famous film with Farrell and Gleeson :)

A colleague of mine was in Bruges on Sunday (off a mini cruise)...

She's not that excitable TBH, but she was VERY impressed with Bruges.

Booked London - Lille on Monday.

Got Glasgow-Luton for penny's when fixtures were announced, so into St Pancras  for 9:30 (on the 12:30, so couple of hours to kick around before check in for Eurostar starts.... 45-60mins they say on ticket)

11 of us out on the Tuesday 6.05  Edinburgh to Brussels. Back in the Eurostar to London then easyJet back up the road.

Booked most for £150 but added another today it’s £175.

Cheap hotels aren’t easy to come by! Any suggestions?

On 12/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, Brummie Hibs said:

Will be getting Eurostar. No idea price, but I just don't see the point in flying since I live down London way.

Eurostar booking window is open - I have booked Monday to Wednesday = £85.00 return

On 12/14/2018 at 12:21 PM, jimstroma said:

Anyone booked trains from Amsterdam to Brussels? Eurostar don’t do many journeys each day 

We’re Looking to go from Amsterdam to Brussels on match day, I’ve got the go Euro app n it’s saying £10 single per head on the bus leaving Amsterdam at 10am getting into Brussels at 1-30pm i know you mentioned the train but it’s another option

Edited by jcs

On 12/14/2018 at 10:49 PM, Alan said:

Antwerp is a cracking place to base yourself.

If any of you visit Antwerp, you might like to get along to the stadium there.

The two side stands are from a bygone era and I can't imagine they'll be there for many more years.

If the groundsman catches you, he'll likely give you a tour and have you up in the camera gantry!

There is a fan bar at the ground and some normal bars around the tram stop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 6:45 PM, Rich NATA said:

I had a great trip last time... In addition to the touristy stuff, I had some cracking nights out; got to see Anderlecht at home and did some other groundhopping, etc...

Plenty to do, but I was hugely disappointed with Brussels. The Grande Place and its immediate surroundings are nice, but the rest of it was really quite shit.

In appearance, Brussels is probably the most disappointing city I've ever been with Scotland.

EDIT: I caught the train 25 minutes out to a Leuven v Club Brugge match (one of the best football matches I have ever attended, actually).

Leuven was really quite nice and with loads of nightlife (I think it might be a university town).

You clearly weren't at the Metz game. Hands down one of the shitiest places i've been never mind with Scotland.

Edited by Mazziessc

On 12/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, The Bunnet said:

Manchester  / Charlois.. Tuesday...Weds. Ryanair early both ways..£38 return,  24hrs there and back...Been a few times, so treating it like a home game ( live in Blackpool, cheaper to Belgium away than at home!!) 

4 of us on this too (Y)