Flights/Train/Boat - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights/Train/Boat

Slide tackle

Monday Easyjet to Luton and then plan to get Eurostar to Lille, with plan to spent that night in Ghent.

Head through to Brussels for the match, then next day head down to Paris to get the Easyjet flight back to Edinburgh at night (means minimal time in Brussels, and can see about more of Belgium).

Got flights for about £70, and just need to wait for Eurostar tickets to be released.

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Monday Easyjet to Luton and then plan to get Eurostar to Lille, with plan to spent that night in Ghent.

Head through to Brussels for the match, then next day head down to Paris to get the Easyjet flight back to Edinburgh at night (means minimal time in Brussels, and can see about more of Belgium).

Got flights for about £70, and just need to wait for Eurostar tickets to be released.

Never been but heard a few people say Brussels is a bit of a dive. That the reason you’re avoiding it or just a case of wanting to go somewhere new?

23 minutes ago, Slide Tackle said:

Never been but heard a few people say Brussels is a bit of a dive. That the reason you’re avoiding it or just a case of wanting to go somewhere new?

Mixture of both...... been a few times and really a case of been there, done that.

Brussels is all down to what you expect it to be, a lot of people expect it to be a mini-Paris, so set bar high and hugely discounted.

i have actually grown to like it over the years, but would rather see/do something new in the area.

26 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Mixture of both...... been a few times and really a case of been there, done that.

Brussels is all down to what you expect it to be, a lot of people expect it to be a mini-Paris, so set bar high and hugely discounted.

i have actually grown to like it over the years, but would rather see/do something new in the area.

Aye never been so not really too sure on what to expect of it. Just seen a few negative posts about it on the FB page, sure it will be fine though looking forward to it

2 hours ago, Slide Tackle said:

Never been but heard a few people say Brussels is a bit of a dive.

I had a great trip last time... In addition to the touristy stuff, I had some cracking nights out; got to see Anderlecht at home and did some other groundhopping, etc...

Plenty to do, but I was hugely disappointed with Brussels. The Grande Place and its immediate surroundings are nice, but the rest of it was really quite shit.

In appearance, Brussels is probably the most disappointing city I've ever been with Scotland.

EDIT: I caught the train 25 minutes out to a Leuven v Club Brugge match (one of the best football matches I have ever attended, actually).

Leuven was really quite nice and with loads of nightlife (I think it might be a university town).

4 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

There are some very nice historic areas and some real dodgy places close by.

Plenty of places to drink.

I would rather we were going elsewhere, but what can you do....

It was dodgy as fuck when we went in 2012. Three cunts off our bus had been robbed within about an hour and a half of arriving

24 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It was dodgy as fuck when we went in 2012. Three cunts off our bus had been robbed within about an hour and a half of arriving

Was on that bus came up from Bournemouth for the game in Cardiff then the bus left on the Sunday morning remember the toilet on the bus it wiznae nice 🤣 hows sammy doing ?

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

Was on that bus came up from Bournemouth for the game in Cardiff then the bus left on the Sunday morning remember the toilet on the bus it wiznae nice 🤣 hows sammy doing ?

Haha that's right. Had forgotten all about that toilet.

Sammy's fine as far as I know, running a bus over to this one as well actually.

15 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Hated Brussels when we last went but think I'll head over on the club 100 Motherwell bus regardless

I'm contemplating that.

That said, last time I said I'd never stay in Brussels again.

We ended up going a day trip to Brugge day of the game as we were scunnered after Cardiff and just went back to Brussels in time for the game.

Edited by Squirrelhumper