Flights/Train/Boat - Page 3 - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights/Train/Boat

Slide tackle

Usual 120 days before the game per UEFA regulations.

But we should expect Stade Roi Baudouin (Brussels)

We'll probably take public transport from Amsterdam heading there the day after the home game on the Saturday as AMS will be much more accessible. Also gives the chance of stopping off in Antwerp for a wee look as well. Looking forward to this one actually despite the probability of getting our arses handed to us for 90mins.

26 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

We'll probably take public transport from Amsterdam heading there the day after the home game on the Saturday as AMS will be much more accessible. Also gives the chance of stopping off in Antwerp for a wee look as well. Looking forward to this one actually despite the probability of getting our arses handed to us for 90mins.

There was a screenshot from a Belgium website saying the game might be elsewhere.

I’m sure there’ll be supporters buses from Brussels if it is moved elsewhere 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:47 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

TBC - Metallica are playing here a few days after the match but as you say, should hopefully know by the 120 day deadline 

49 minutes ago, McDange said:

TBC - Metallica are playing here a few days after the match but as you say, should hopefully know by the 120 day deadline 

Sunday 16th of June, so 5 days after our game.

Belgium is small enough, and with a decent transport system, that its actually not a major issue. Would imagine it will still be Brussels though as they are probably getting the fine detail with Metallica just now over the stadium, and its just to let people know that stadium has not been confirmed yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 

This will be my first scotland trip

4 of us heading out, anyone able to advise how is best to go about getting tickets?

Would there be any point in joining the tartan army as we wouldnt have any points to get a ticket that way.

Thanks 

You'll never get an away end ticket unless you get one through a tout / friend. 

My first trip was away to Germany (Anya game) and I signed up to the German FA and bought 3 tickets through them no problem. Planning on going to Brussels and doing the same but haven't looked into sales dates etc. Usually plenty Scotland support in Home ends at away games and as long as you behave then there's not a problem. When we last had Belgium in our group I remember loads of them sitting near me at Hampden as they could qualify and we couldn't, lost 2-0. Didn't bother me when they cheered (it did a bit and they were smoking which was annoying). 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Booked today got a steep deal one way and cheap deal the other:

Glasgow - Amsterdam 9th June - Easyjet £120 (steep)

Brussels - Heathrow 12th June 38 Euro (cheap)

Bit of a long walk from Heathrow to Glasgow though???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the Eurostar from St Pancras to Brussels for £85 return by avoiding peak travel times and booking early. Just hoping the ticketing info for the match is released soon as I’m off to the USA soon and might struggle getting e mail info.